[LPF] Allbright's Shadow

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Swash1.jpg

Borric reins in his mount and holds up a hand for the others to do likewise. He even whistles to get their vanguard scouts attention as well.

"Well, it would appear that we are not going to be sleeping indoors this night. But the proximity of some ale and cooked food instead of trail rations would still be most welcome."

"I suggest we take advantage of Relic's spell and make camp close by. We can set a watch over the horses and visit the inn in shifts to eat."

"If any does not wish to partake in some ale and conversation, they can remain in camp for the first watch or two."

"The rest of us can cover the remaining ten hours before we break camp and resume the journey in the morn."

"Sound like a plan?"

His black roans snorts a puff of air out through its nostrils. Hard to say if that was agreement or dissent.

[sblock=OOC]Again, not sure how much debate or detail is needed for watch rotations. Since Relic did not mention what spell, Borric has no knowledge of how it works. And to maintain in character, I did not look it up either. ;)

If we need to set a watch, I figure we have enough people for doubling up six watch rotations of 2 hours each, allowing time on either end for making/breaking camp, spell preparations, etc...

If we don't need any watch, then Borric is for drinking until he has to go to bed to get 8 hours of sleep before departing the next morning. :) [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
+4 Perception: +16
AC: 30 (25 w/out shield, 28(23w/shield) flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 103 Current: 103
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge, Mounted

Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow(LH) & Mwk Spiked Gauntlet (RH)
Chakram: 1/1 MWK & 6/6 Cold Iron remaining
Light Hammers: 2/2 remaining[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic nods in agreement. "I need neither food nor drink. A few hours is all I need to rest. But once I cast the spell I cannot move from the centre of the place it is cast, so I can take no watch outside, although I will remain vigilant from within. So we should choose the place, I will cast the spell and remain there throughout the night."

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric looks skeptical at the wizened old man. He was once and probably still known as the mageslayer, but that doesn't mean he has learned anything about their magic spells.

"Ahh, okay gramps. So you stay inside your spell and don't need much rest. Nor are you standing watch outside. I am not getting how we are going to be any safer or more comfortable in all this. You gonna explain?"

"Do we need to pitch tents? Do we need to stand watch outside your spell? Sheeeeet, are we going to be fookin' invisible or something?"

"I be a simple warrior that just smashes in the heads of mage's so you are going to have to help me undersstand here."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:
CMB: +15 CMD: 28 (30 vs. Disarm/ 32 vs. Trip) Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+10 vs. Fear)
Conditions in Effect: Ioun Torch (in darkness), Combat Reflexes (3 AoO), Step Up, Greater Trip, Power Attack (-3/+6Dmg) or Combat Expertise (-3/+3AC), Lunge, Mounted

Systole

First Post
Daylily_150.jpg

During the run, the barbarian is dour and focused -- rather unlike his usual self. The only high point comes during the passing of the Gabbiano caravan, when Daylily spies a familiar elven woman and calls out something in his heavily accented elvish. Aside from something about "beef willies," the words are difficult to understand even for elvish speakers, but the tone is unmistakably crude. The woman's furious reply is also in elvish, and full of blistering imprecations about Daylily's hygiene, preferred sexual partners, and ancestry. It goes on for some time, but wild elf only laughs, makes a rude gesture, and carries on. Soon enough, however, his black mood returns.

Arriving at the inn, Daylily lays his furs on the ground and sits down, making no move to approach the structure. "I wills be keeping the watch. There is bad taste in the air. Too many perfume stink water, too many bright clothing, too many horse-beast. I am not like." He glances at Relic. "There is bad moon coming, with much blood, I am think."

[sblock=OOC]Sleeping for 8, otherwise keeping watch whenever needed.[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Daylily Falshenaya

-Normal-
AC: 19 (19 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 117/117
CMB: +16 CMD: 29
Fort: +13 Reflex: +8 Will: +7
Attack: +17/+9 for WD+19

-Raging-
AC: 14 (14 flat-footed, 9 touch)
HP: 137/137
CMB: +18 CMD: 31
Fort: +15 Reflex: +8 Will: +9
Attack: +24/+16 for WD+24

Perception: +15
Initiative: +3

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Remaining: 16/16

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

Fury slides off his horse and rubs his stiff legs as he looks over at Daylily.

"'I sense trouble on the way', eh? Well, I don't; no more than every other day, that is." He shrugs. "I suspect there's enough of us here we can put down whatever bad moon rises without too much trouble. I don't need a whole lot of sleep so I can take a long watch but a bit of that local brew sure would be nice."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]
Fury only needs 2 hours sleep. He can watch and/or carouse the rest of the time.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 9 / Bard 2
Initiative: +8 Perception: +14

AC: 24 (17 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 99 Current: 99
CMB: +9 CMD: 26 Fort: +5 Ref: +16 Will: +7

In Hand:
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Looking at Borric Aradra continues with "That works for me. I don't need sleep that much, but Shadow will need to rest for some time. That, and there are way to many people in that inn for me. The Dunn Wright was crowded enough. Depending on what Relic's spell does, I can take my rest now, and just stand watch throught the night. I'll patrol the area druring the night just to make sure everything is quiet."

[sblock=OOC]
Aradra is in the Needs Two Hours Sleep crowd, but Shadow is not. Aradra can take a rest first, and he'll be on watch the rest of the night. He's not a social person outside of the DWI.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Aradra Stats]
Aradra Longstrider
AC: 26 (19 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 105/105
CMB: +13 CMD: 29
Fort: +9 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
Perception: +19
Initiative: +8
Current Weapon in Hand: Bow +20/+15/+10 1d8+3 19-20/x3 or +15/+15/+10/+5 1d8+9 19-20/x3 1st hit deals double
Current Conditions in Effect: Rapid Shot/Deadly Aim/Endless Ammo (from Bow); Woodland Stride ; Evasion; Clustered Shots; Falcon's Aim (+3 Perception & 19-20 /x3)

Used Items:

Adaptation: 110/110 Minutes Remain (Darkvision, Iron Will, Skill Focus Stealth)
Level 1 Spells: Feather Step, Tireless Pursuit, Longstrider
Level 2 Spells: Barkskin (+3), Eagle Eye
Level 3 Spells: Tireless Pursers (2 people)
Extend Rod: 3/3 per Day
Pearl of Power lvl 1: AVAILABLE
Negate Crit: 1/1
Haste: 10/10
Fly (CL 5): 1/1
[/sblock]

[sblock=Shadow Stats]
Shadow
AC: 25 (20 flat-footed, 11 touch) (-1 DEX from AC +1 NA bonus) + 3 NA Enchancement
HP: 101/101
CMB: +14 CMD: 27 (31 vs Trip)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +8 Will: +6 (+4 vs Enchantment Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +16
Initiative: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite (+12/5 1d8 + 16 + Trip) + d6 Shocking Amulet of Mighty Biting (Activated)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack, Furious Focus, Evasion, Share Spells; Scent;
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking about, the stable is indeed full, if not overflowing. Making your way to the inn's door, it is indeed quite packed inside. As to the area around, other groups have had the same plan as Relic, and a few opaquely colored domes are scattered about in the forest. Not wanting to walk right up upon each of them, Relic confers with Aradra a bit about selecting a space for himself. Walking around a bit in the woods, it takes a couple moments to get a sufficient distance away from the other domes. Once he has found a spot, he calls to the others to gather around a bit, bringing the horses in. Since red, black, blue and green domes have already sprouted up, Relic chooses silver to honor Kalinn's heritage. A translucent silver wall, forty feet in diameter rises out of the ground and curves in until forms a dome above the old man's head.

"You can walk in and out, and we can see out, but others cannot see in. Rain and cold will not fall upon us tonight. And do not be so rude as to enter someone else's dome. The owner may strike you down with a lightning bolt for the insult, or turn you into a newt." Relic's instructions should be clear enough to all within earshot. The rented horse seem unperturbed by the spell, as if they had been trained that this is as safe as a barn.

Looking out, the partying at the inn is going strong. Curiously, where there was one building a few moments ago, there is now a second one in what was just a flat spot before. It seems another more powerful wizard wanted something a little comfier for himself.

[sblock=ooc]20' radius dome, protected from rain and cold. You can see out. Others cannot see in. Total concealment. You still have to lay out bedding, tents or hammocks if you desire. There are enough trees within that hammocks are possible. Relic and Aradra are enough of a watch, and it is not likely someone will wander in by mistake. Fear of wizards is justified.

Anybody going into the inn?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Swash1.jpg

Borric chuckles at conversation with Daylily and Fury, adding in his opinion.

"Heh, with Syl around we could fly up and can begin smashing that bad moon to pieces."

"But you are probably right, mate. We can handle ourselves. I just hope some fool wizards don't start sheet they cannot control, yeah? There appear to be number of them around."

"Let me settle my horse in the magic tent and lay out my bedroll. I might be a bit sheetfaced when we come back from the tavern and I don't wanna sleep on the ground."

Having settled his spot in the camp and seen to his horse, he will go to the tavern with Fury and anyone else interested.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Borric Hawkins
Initiative:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra, meanwhile, starts stringing up his hammock to sleep in. Once done, Aradra looks over towards Relic and says "Wake me up in a couple hours. Shadow, go to sleep."

The wolf heads over towards the tree where Aradra's hammock, and lifts his leg up onto the tree. Aradra shakes his head and says "OK, thats yours. Got it. Now, sleep."

Not tired from the long journey (the spell worked better then Aradra thought) it takes some time for the soldier to fall asleep. But, before long, the human and wolf pair are quickly asleep.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Somewhat sore from the unaccustomed travel on horseback, Bren dismounts and listens attentively as the others discuss sleeping arrangements and watches. "I can keep a watch if I'm needed, and am accustomed to noticing the details of what goes on around me. Just wake me whenever if I'm needed." Having said his piece, the priest stretches briefly to work out the kinks, ties up his hammock, and falls asleep quickly.​
[/section]
AC: 18 (18 Flat-Footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 74/74
CMB: +10 CMD: 27 (+12/29 vs Grapple)
Fort: +12 Reflex: +08 Will: +18

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (10/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (10/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (09/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (08/08)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (08/08), Jaunt Boots (03/03), Unity (01/01)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Shield of Faith, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer, Searing Light
4th Level: Discern Lies, Freedom of Movement, Spiritual Ally, Spiritual Ally
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases