SotS's War of the Burning Sky campaign

StarswordX

First Post
So, here's Kalinah's current sheet and items/wealth.

Kalinah----------------------------------------http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=30004
Sickle +1 | 12 + 300 + 2000 = 2312
Sickle +1 | 12 + 300 + 2000 = 2312
Mithral Chainshirt +1 | 1100 GP
Cloak of Resistance +2 | 4000 GP
Gloves of Dexterity +2 4000 GP
Healing Belt | 750
Rope of Climbing | 3000
Waterskin | 1 gp
Backpack | 2 gp
Bedroll | 1 sp
Flint and steel | 1 gp
Blanket, Winter | 5 sp
Pouch, Belt | 1 gp
Lesser Crystal of Electricity Assault | 3000 gp
Lesser Crystal of Fire Assault | 3000 gp
Scroll of Endure Elements (2 used) | 50 GP
Composite Longbow (+3 strength damage bonus)| 400 GP -Sold for 200-
Arrows (90) | 5 GP
Crowbar | 2 GP
Grapple Hook | 1 GP
Least crystal of Adaptation | 500 GP
Ring of protection +1 | 2000 GP
Amulet of natural armor +2 | 8000 GP
Payment to contests | 42 GP
Dagger x2 | 0 GP
Belt of Ultimate Athleticism | (1300) GP
Shirt of Ogre Power +2| 4000 GP
Mwk Composite Longbow (+7 str damage bonus) | 1100
---------------------------------------

39945.22 GP (39184.1 used) 761.12 GP left

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
So, as I mentioned, I'd like to run a 2nd session this upcoming weekend if people are willing to. Right now, Sat. night is offlimits for Roslyn and myself, I'll update if that changes. So I think Friday or Sunday night are the best options. Let me know when you could play. I'm also free daytime Fri - Mon, but I doubt everyone else is.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
No game tonight. We played last night at least and got further along, so we will just pick back up on Thursday.

I have decided, after reviewing the encounters you've had that you are close enough to level 10 to warrant a level-up. Normally I'd require you to rest first, but I'll make an exception this one time. Please have your characters leveled up to 10 before next session. It's a War battle, so it might not be necessary, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope the battle won't take the entire session, it's less units than the last one and you're familiar with the subsystem now. Any daily resources (mainly spells) you prepared and/or used are still gone, but you may add any new spells/resources that you gain from the level up and have them prepared/available. Unused prepared spells are still available, but can't be changed out at this time.

See you on Thursday!

Last edited:

begooler

First Post
Leveled.
Tansley got a dead level of prestige class, more spells per day, and took the Clarity of Vision skill trick.
http://dndtools.pw/feats/complete-scoundrel--60/clarity-vision--3278/

Phet got +4 HD, an extra slam attack, DR 5/-, increased to large size, gained 10ft reach, and took Intimidating Strike.
http://dndtools.pw/feats/players-handbook-ii--80/intimidating-strike--1676/

New URL's for sheets:
Tansley- http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=156085
Phet - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=216391

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I'm nerfing two spells from last session. One I didn't realize at all was so messed up, the other I had on my mind for a while but never wrote it down.

- Wall of Thorns gives a Reflex save to move out of the way by 5 ft if it is created in a creature's square. If 5 ft is insufficient to avoid the spell, they are damaged as normal. Creatures can make Escape Artist or Strength checks to push through, and move 5 ft if they make DC 20, and 5 more feet per 5 points they beat DC 20 by. If a creature attacks while in the thorns but doesn't move from his space, he takes half the damage (rounded down) he would suffer for moving. The damage is non-magical piercing and DR applies. The time to chop through 1 ft or burn it down is reduced to 1 minute. Fires spread to the whole wall quickly, but those trapped inside only take 2d4 fire damage if they try to push through (1d4 if they just attack) on their turn and are otherwise safe from the fire.

- Wind Wall gives a 30% miss chance to all normal projectiles, it does not automatically block arrows and bolts. Just to clarify, this miss chance is not concealment, and thus a) applies separately and b) does not on its own foil precision-based attacks.

begooler

First Post
Those both sound reasonable.

I have two questions about whirlwind that I keep forgetting to ask:
1. How does it interact with indom's boon?
2. Does faerie fire negate concealment within the dust cloud?

Also, I have to figure out how to illustrate this on the token, but with Phet's size change, the dust cloud is no longer necessarily the same radius as the whirlwind. I might use one of the auras like used before with Tans's silence radius.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
1. I'm going to admit right now, I hate the "wind immunity" part of Indom's boon, and always have. It's such a niche thing that the players largely don't care about (the "not dying 1/day" is the main benefit), but when it comes up, its absolutism is infuriating to have to take into account. It doesn't even make sense alongside the other benefits, all of which had a thematic tie-in in the fire forest, unlike the wind thing. It's literally just there so in Seaquen there's a reason only the party can save the day (otherwise I'd have stripped it out of the boon before you even knew it was a part of it), but the repercussions continue long after that subpar chapter... Even the campaign forgets about it. Those Two Wind Elementals had a custom gust of wind effect that I had to replace w/ Knockback because a powerful blast of wind that half the party's outright immune to but the other half is in dire threat from just didn't seem fair.

Sorry for the rant. To answer your question...the boon presumably makes those with it immune to Whirlwind. I hate that part of the boon, it just stops all wind effects...

2. I don't know... It looks like the cloud is larger than the spell area anyway. I guess it would negate it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases