SotS's War of the Burning Sky campaign

firehorse

First Post
I MIGHT be able to do a Friday or two, but Thursdays are still the best in my world.

And, so everyone is comfortable, the idea of me running Torrent as a PC is that she will be purely a support character for the party as a whole. Her job is the same: to protect the squishies, buff and heal. As a PC she will be able to coordinate better with the party and take the load off of the DM. Suggestions on Spells, Maneuvers, strategies, etc. are welcome.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Long message.

So, I don't know if I scheduled this before or after we switched to Thursdays, but it occurred to me that a gig I signed up to work for will conflict with our next game. I may be able to do the Friday, if people are willing to switch. I also could do Saturday or Sunday- though I know I will be exhausted both of those days and on top of that there are things I'd like to go to (but I would rather have our game.)

In addition, there's a third thing I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to go to on Thursday, so if it would be possible to switch my Thursday paid job to Friday, and then play with you guys on Saturday or Sunday... I would be a really happy person. I have no idea what's going on for you though.

Sorry, when it rains, it pours.

On other matters, I second Torrent going crusader/cleric.

...is this just for this week, or in general? Hopefully the former...

I can do any of those nights, though I'd really rather not do Sunday night. I could do Sunday daytime, Sat. afternoons I'm busy. This particular week, I have Friday off.

If I recall, there were other players who had issues with the weekend, though. I originally tried to move the game to Fridays and some couldn't do it.

EDIT: As for Torrent, that's Zayed's request. I think Tansley alone is fine for the party's healing needs, he'd rather keep Torrent around and control her himself. I don't care either way, I was going to have everyone vote on it. If he does take over controlling her and she sticks with the party, she will NOT be anything like a cohort to Zayed, I would expect her to not have any preferences in terms of buffs amongst the party (other than perhaps her own self-interest), and she would get a full cut of the loot (as she will for this stretch of the campaign since she's been a de facto 5th party member the whole time).

Last edited:

firehorse

First Post
...is this just for this week, or in general? Hopefully the former...

I can do any of those nights, though I'd really rather not do Sunday night. I could do Sunday daytime, Sat. afternoons I'm busy. This particular week, I have Friday off.

If I recall, there were other players who had issues with the weekend, though. I originally tried to move the game to Fridays and some couldn't do it.

EDIT: As for Torrent, that's Zayed's request. I think Tansley alone is fine for the party's healing needs, he'd rather keep Torrent around and control her himself. I don't care either way, I was going to have everyone vote on it. If he does take over controlling her and she sticks with the party, she will NOT be anything like a cohort to Zayed, I would expect her to not have any preferences in terms of buffs amongst the party (other than perhaps her own self-interest), and she would get a full cut of the loot (as she will for this stretch of the campaign since she's been a de facto 5th party member the whole time).

I concur with the EDIT above. She is not a cohort and purely a support character.

As for Friday, THIS coming Friday is ok. After that might be a problem...

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Treasure Haul!

Treasure is listed with the SELL value in [gp]. Torrent gets an equal share of the loot, Zayed only gets ½ a share due to getting the Living Blade, Tiljann gets ½ a share for her time with the party, so the total was divided by 5 (Mara, Tansley, Angir, Torrent, 0.5 Zayed, 0.5 Tiljann), with Zayed and Tiljann getting ½ of that amount each.

[sblock]Black horse helmet [50]
Inquisitor's mask [1300]
Bhurisrava's Mace [1806]
Cloak of Resistance +1 [500]
Ring of Protection +1 [1000]
Chronocharm of the Celestial Wanderer [250]
Amber Amulet of Vermin [350]
Healing Belt [375]
Lesser crystal of return [500]
Hand of the Mage [450]
Boots of Agile Leaping [300]
Goggles of Foefinding [1250]
Ivory necklace of Sylvan [100]
Bird Feather tokens x3 [150 each]
Whip Feather Tokens x2 [250 each]
Tanglepatch [100]
Brooch of Shielding (81 points) [601.5]
Wand of Hold Portal (10 charges) [75]
Wand of Ghost Sound (34 charges) [127.5]
Dorje of Crystal Shard (20 charges) [150]
Iron wand of ray of frost (49 charges) [183.75]
Potions of Stand the Heat x5 [35 each]
+1 Glaive [1154]
+1 chain shirt [625]
+1 breastplate [675]
+1 light steel shield [579.5]

Mwk silver greataxe [250]
Mwk battleaxe [155]
Mwk spiked gauntlet [157.5]
Mwk Small heavy crossbow x2 [175 each]
Mwk composite longbow (Str +0) [200]
2 Mwk. Comp. Longbows (Str +1) [250 each]
2 Mwk. Longswords [157.5 each]
2 Mwk. Short swords [155 each]
2 Mwk. Chain shirt [125 each]
shortbow [15]
260 arrows [9]
40 crossbow bolts [2]
hand claw [2.5]
spiked gauntlet [2.5]
Small short sword x2 [5 each]
Spiked Chain [12.5]
Daggers x5 [1 each]
Small leather armor x2 [5 each]
wood heavy shield x2 [3.5 each]
banded mail [125]
studded leather armor [12.5]
thieves’ tools x2 [15 each]
10 large jugs of beer [0.12 each – includes clay jug and gallon of ale]
7036 gp in coins and gems

Communal Loot / not being sold: The Living Blade, Artificer's Monocle, wand of CLW, scroll of CLW, potions of CLW x4, Rantle's scroll tube (includes letter and scroll of fireball), mysterious steel box, Ragesian military intel, 5 dream seeds[/sblock]
See post #6 on page 1 of this thread for details on any of the unfamiliar magic items.

That comes down to a grand total of 23394.95 gp!
That means Mara, Angir, Tansley, and Torrent get 4678.99 gp each.
Zayed and Tiljann get 2339.495 gp each (and Zayed gets the Living Blade)

Please post what you would like to "buy back" in the thread and hash out anything where multiple people want the same item. Torrent will be taking B's Mace, if nothing else. Note that the sell values are half the market price, so picking up items from loot is still a good deal if it's something you'd want anyway. Anything you pick up is yours from now on; if you later decide to sell it, you get the entire amount of gp to yourself for it.

The town you'll be going to has a purchase limit of 2000 gp for stuff (specifically, 2000 gp in magical items/upgrades; a +1 longsword is available even though it's a total of 2315). Please figure out what you'd like to buy before the next session.

[sblock]The giant equation I put into Excel totaling all the sold stuff and gp/gems, if anyone's masochistic enough to check my math :p Divide by 5 for loot per person and divide again by 2 for Zayed/Tiljann.
=50+1300+1806+500+1000+250+350+375+500+450+300+1250+100+450+500+100+601.5+75+127.5+150+183.75+175+1154+625+675+579.5+250+155+157.5+350+200+500+315+310+250+15+9+2+2.5+2.5+10+12.5+5+10+7+125+12.5+30+1.2+7036[/sblock]

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Some more information on lands and groups within the world. The Player's Guide covers Ragesia, Gate Pass, and Shahalesti.

Dassen
[sblock]The Kingdom of Dassen lies to the south of Ragesia, and the southwest of Shahalesti, its borders defined by craggy mountains defended by hundreds of small dwarven strongholds. Dassen’s people, a swarthy assortment of humans and dwarves, cherish their land, to the point that superstitious cavalrymen even put dirt in their boots so never have to stop touching the soil of their homeland.
King Steppengard rules a patchwork of eight feudal holdings, many of them controlled by distant relatives with claims to the throne of numbing complexity. To assure that he never has to worry about untangling these claims, Steppengard has had a huge family with eighteen children, all of them legitimate on the word of his oath. There are no mighty cities in Dassen, only thousands of farms and towns growing out from the nine castles of the king and his dukes. The largest city, Bresk, lies on a major river beside Steppengard’s castle, and is a hilly community built both above and below ground.

Bresk
LN Conventional Small City
Government Monarchy
Demographics mixed (65% human, 28% dwarf, 5% orc, 1% half-orc, 1% other).[/sblock]

Lyceum Academy
[sblock]At the end of a swampy isthmus on Dassen’s southern tip, the town of Seaquen is home to a school called Lyceum, devoted to teaching magic of all kinds. Students of Lyceum are encouraged to learn a variety of magical styles, and are trained in spelldueling techniques similar to Gabal’s school in Gate Pass. They were relatively unknown in the region until recently, when Simeon, headmaster of the school, sent out a call to all the people in and around Ragesia, asking for them to stand up against the threat posed by the Ragesians and their new leader Leska.[/sblock]

Sindaire
[sblock]The national government of the Exarchate of Sindaire is officially run by a representative from Ragesia, but in practice the Exarch has limited power. The people of Sindaire — mostly humans with some caravans of nomadic gnomes — pay some taxes to Ragesia, but maintain their own armies and laws. They take mild comfort in knowing that, should Ostalin, their neighbors to the south, ever attempt to claim more land, Ragesia will come to their defense.
Recently a vocal group of city mayors in the center of the nation began to protest paying taxes to Ragesia, and refused to pay. Unlike the coastal cities, they benefited little from trade with Ragesian ships, and they called for the removal of the Exarch, a half-orc woman named Horstea. Despite protests from the government ministers, the Exarch sent a plea to Ragesia, and Coaltongue’s army responded, traveling by Torch to the central prairies to put down the rebellion.
Sindaire has a long-established druidic tradition, coming from a time when a group of refugees fleeing a catastrophe in what is now Shahalesti settled in Sindaire’s warm forests, converting many of the locals through their generosity and their disciplined devotion to nobler ideals. Because lions are revered in these foreigner’s culture, lions now fill the role of pets to the aristocracy, and guard dogs for the common folk.
The capital city of Turinn lies on two sides of a long rock spur. The western side has ports on the sea, while the bulk of the city lies safe on the east.

Turinn
LN Conventional Large City
Government Occupational
Demographics isolated (95% human, 3% halfling, 1% orc, 1% other).[/sblock]

Knights of the Aquiline Cross
[sblock]The Order of the Aquiline Cross originally emerged in Sindaire a decade ago. Since then, small chapels that teach the order’s doctrine of mercy, sacrifice, and a fierce defense of life have sprung up throughout the lands of Ragesia and its neighbors. Knights of this order dress in white and red tabards marked with a cross surrounded by a halo of feathers.[/sblock]

The Monastery of Two Winds
[sblock]The Monastery of Two Winds lies in the mountains that form the main border between Ostalin and Dassen, near to the large town of Eresh. The monastery teaches two different approaches to harnessing the power of air magic, the gentle West Wind style, and the fierce East Wind style. Some monks of the two winds feel compelled to travel the world, letting the wind guide their journeys.[/sblock]

BassWalker

First Post
Hm. Mara already has the Healing Belt, but she can't make much use of any of the arms or armor. She might as well keep a dagger or two as a back-up weapon.

Does anyone already have claim to the Ring of Protection?

firehorse

First Post
Hm. Mara already has the Healing Belt, but she can't make much use of any of the arms or armor. She might as well keep a dagger or two as a back-up weapon.

Does anyone already have claim to the Ring of Protection?

Go ahead with the ring if you want Mara. Zayed considered calling it, but he was exceeding his loot is share.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases