SotS's War of the Burning Sky campaign

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
So, Angir and Lily (and Torrent) interrogated Neil on Friday night, with Tansley and Sophia...observing, I guess. Lily pretended that she was captured by Torrent and Angir; Torrent got to beat her up pretty painfully to "sell" it.

Angir eventually got Neil to talk. The brothel is run by a man named Gustav, but owned by someone else. Rumor among the guards is that it's Cernaban Gremman, a halfling business man who is one of the wealthiest people in Seaquen and who owns all sorts of businesses and properties, especially in the refugee-heavy southern parts of town. Neil postulated that Cernaban likely intentionally keeps things compartmentalized and a degree of separation from himself (especially something like the brothel, what with the unwilling, drugged abducted girls working there). Cernaban is fairly influential, and Neil seemed positive fleeing town and braving the swamp was safer than going to the town guard and counting on none of them taking a bribe in return for giving him up to his employer.

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I have had some internet issues lately. Namely, my router is not working so well, very low speed and dropping signal. I got the wireless connection fixed by connecting to it with an ethernet directly (oddly, I can't just LAN connect on its own, but wiring up fixes the wireLESS...I don't get it). But...it seems no one can connect to my server now. Working on it with Angir, worst case scenario is I send the campaign file to someone else to host the game, but there might be a delay to start....

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Last session, you got the Dasseni dwarves to join the temple of unity, annoyed Banahman Vett for the lulz, and chased down Nathan Lowduke till he surrendered and gave you the dragon's egg. You decided to let him go and just tell Naizelasa (the dragon) that he got away or something, not trusting that she'd really spare him if handed over.

As for next session...at a minimum, I'll probably be half an hour late or so. Need to drop off my wife at the train station after work, it's a 1.5 hour trip each way. I might cancel the session completely, waiting to hear back from Fjord. I'll try to give as much advance notice as I can if so.

Last edited:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Still working out some details, but it looks like I will in fact be meeting up w/ Tansley and Fjord tomorrow, so game is cancelled. We will resume next week, I'll try to resolve the sidequest arcs you mostly finished (Unity Through Diversity; the dragon's egg) early in the session so we can hopefully move along to other things.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I have updated the loot gained. See Post #6.

Recap of last session:

You returned the egg to the green dragon Naizelasa, and lied that Nathan Lowduke used her egg as a sort of shield for himself in order to get away (in reality, you just let him go, not trusting her to leave him alive). She now hates him even more and vowed to hunt him down.
Laurabec informed you that all 8 groups had been convinced to join the temple of unity (the last 2 joined the bandwagon once you had gotten the first 6), almost solely thanks to you. The temple will double as a fortress, will be on high ground overlooking the water, and will be located near the south coast outside of Seaquen proper. All based on promises you made to various groups. Laurabec offered you guys the chance to name the structure, which you supposedly did in-character, but out of character still need to decide on.

You then went to finally see the play, The Spectacular Trial of Toteth Topec. Katrina spoiled the 2nd half for you, then you noticed Giorgio heading upstairs, wiping off blood. Sophia and Spinel followed, and through Spinel, Angir realized he was attempting something related to teleportation with a device in the captain's quarters. Everyone raced up just before he sealed the entrance to the theater (which was actually a portal to a magnificent mansion, as Tansley noticed earlier).
You fought Giorgio, Brutus and Setales (half-orc brothers you met at Lee's home before), and a hired assassin, Nira, killing the brothers. Lily unsealed the portal just soon enough for Guildmistress Sheena Larkins to stop the entire ship from teleporting hundreds of miles, which would have killed you all in a flaming explosion. She explained what they know of "the Burning Sky" effect, that the fires get more intense with longer distance teleporting, and that it only started the past few months, leading the Wayfarers to halt all teleporting activities for safety after some of them perished. Kiernan found burnt-out elf corpses in a rowboat attached to the ship, which you presumed was them trying to stir trouble between Seaquen and Shahalesti. Unfortunately, everyone on board did see it, and as soon as the ship got to port, ran off probably spreading rumors. You also noticed the winds and surf picking up greatly and the rain getting harder. The party had no trouble with it thanks to Indomitability's boon or Tidereaver's Tears, but everyone else (including Katrina) struggled to not get pushed around or fall down. Simeon went back to Lyceum to question Giorgio and do divinations; he asked you and Kiernan to go find Lee and to calm the citizens down, and come back to Lyceum later on to see if he's gleaned more information.

begooler

First Post
Hey sorry I disappeared on Thursday! I didn't sleep well the night before and didn't realize quite how tired I was until I woke up six hours later on the couch with the computer on my lap. I hope you guys were able to keep playing for a bit. Last I remember we were about to fight water elementals and had just rolled init...

Is a one shot game still happening this weekend?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Tansley, you missed the end of the session. I need to add in all the party's loot gained and the sell value, but on top of that, note:

You reach level 7. And Simeon has authorized the mages to make a custom magic item for each of you. It can be up to 4000 gp market price (you get any remainder as gp if it's under 4000) or an upgrade worth that much, and can be CL 9 or lower. He said Seaquen would need to take possession of the teleport beacon and the orb (which is forever linked to Seaquen now) to possibly use in defense of the city in the future, but they wouldn't be much use to mobile adventurer types anyway.

begooler

First Post
Ok, will update sheet soon.

Tansley would best benefit from a +2 wisdom item, but that slot is usually the neck which she is already using for something. Any chance she could get it as a headband or something?

She would spend a lot of the week helping at the refugee camps, studying that weather orb if the Lyceum will give her access to it, and offering to reincarnate that mage if the Lyceum provides the 1,000 gp reagents. Also preparing and casting plant growth daily to help with food production.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases