Martial Practices inferior to Rituals????

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Yeah, my version is a bit less nailed down, but its basically about the same. I haven't really made up much of a list of wounds though, just one or two so I have an idea what they look like. I don't expect there would be a LOT of really different ones anyway, mechanically.

I am basically thinking 1 or 2 mechanically distinct with the rest being flavor will work fine most of the time indeed. Are you slowed because that head wound is throbbing and you are dizzy... or is it because your side cinched up or because pain shooting through your leg, inquiring minds will flavor at will.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am planning on compiling at least as many Martial Practices for my Martial Power III as there were rituals in the Players Handbook ;)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Practices and Bloodline Rites

Well that is the goal anyway... or at minimum betting the total number up to 50, i will also be fixing practices that are bald faced inferior than fairly close analog rituals.

Planned New Practices (so far)

1. 4th Dimensional Packing
  2. Acupressure
  3. Aura Manipulation
  4. Animal Training:Bringing In The Herd
  5. Animal Training:Beast Bond
  6. Awaken Aura Reading
  7. Blood Bond (blood-rite)
  8. Breaching Ram
  9. Blood Demand / Blood Oath (blood-rite)
  10. Cooking: Condensed Rations
  11. Grail Quest (blood-rite)
  12. Heroic Exertion perq Martial Mastery
  13. Heritage Claim (blood-rite)
  14. Martial Mastery
  15. Mind Over Matter: Awaken Magic Device
  16. Oath of Truthfulness (blood-rite)
  17. Psychiatric Treatment
  18. Surgery
  19. Trained Preparedness
  20. Transcendental Meditation
  21. Wrestling with Death (blood-rite)

Grandmaster Training

1. Battle Tongue
  2. Barrier of Steel

Feats

1. Clockwork Invention -> analogous to alchemy for constructing devices the majority of which are fragile and temporary.

Warlord Modifications

1. Martial Training -> like bardic training a warlord feature may just give him it or perhaps make it a feature of the Hector build Warlord, but I suspect would have just been given if a fully implemented martial practices had been part of the game originally.

Fixed Practices
  1. Forge Weapon
  2. Forge Armor
  3. Speech without words

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
clockwork Invention may not be part of martial power |||
It and the artificer class sort of point out however that arcane !== wholly magical ;)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The Martial Artist Class will likely get something much like the bard does with martial practices, much like the Bard does.. ie specific practices associated with their flavor may end up free.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The Martial Artist Class will likely get something much like the bard does except with martial practices, ie specific practices associated with their flavor may end up free.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Book of Strategy

strategy.png

Remove ads