Old-school dungeon crawl using 5e playtest rules

Leif

Adventurer
In 3.5 and 4 editions, warforged characters could be healed with standard cure wounds spells. Not sure if they healed with extended rest or not, but I kinda doubt it.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Does anyone in this group have the DMG?

I don't; but healing rules for Warforged characters might be in there.

(Mock Rule #1: Always carry a qualified Tinker Gnome, equipped with appropriate toolkit, in backpack.)

Leif

Adventurer
The 5E DMG? I think I have it on my harddrive, hang on ... Actually, I have the PH and MM, but not the DMG. :(

There is no mention of the warforged race in the 5E PH, for what that's worth.

Shayuri

First Post
No, I've read somewhere that the race will be released in the future...maybe even online?...but I can't cite anything. But yeah, not yet.

The original 3.x material stated they got half-benefit from healing magic, and didn't heal naturally, but could make Crafting rolls to heal themselves (usually at night while the organics slept) at a rate comparable to natural healing.

4e removed limitations on healing; magic and surges had full effect on them.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Yeah, and they don't directly address the issue of healing. "Living Construct. Even though you were constructed you are a living creature." Does that make you a creature? Or immune because you are a construct? Presumably if you were you can be an undead creature, and be immune. It really could be clearer.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Oh, no! It's the Attack of 'the DM's Discretion' again!

(Can I get an, "Amen"?)

It's not clear if you're mocking my concern here or if you believe I am making a different point than I am. In any case, this is not what I said, and the dismissive sarcasm is unnecessary.

Leif

Adventurer
Not mocking anyone. I am actually a fan of DMs filling-in stuff. Maybe I did misunderstand you, though, because I don't remember now exactly what your point was or why I thought it was ok to respond as I did. Certainly, no offense was intended and I was absolutely not mocking you. The psychotic demons that were tormenting me last night have moved on to greener pastures today.

No "dismissive sarcasm" or sarcasm of any kind for that matter, was intended. For some reason, I just found it amusing the way the 1Ed. DM Guide falls back on DM Discretion as a last line of defense, with which, incidentally, I happen to be in full agreement, even if I sometimes chuckle at it.

Last edited:

Remove ads