Domain: War (Vraith)

STR 14 (+2)

DEX 11 (+0)

CON 15 (+2)

INT 9 (-1)

WIS 17 (+3)

CHA 13 (+1)

Description

Rejik is a gruff fellow, more at home beside a camp fire than in a warm bed, and entirely ill-at-ease in high-born company. From field commander to refugee to adventurer, he has little time for the niceties and will happily burp his thanks for a good meal as actually say the words.

Raised in a war-torn fiefdom which hasn't seen peace for generations, his calling was one of duty, not one of spirit. Unfortunately, his homeland has long-since collapsed into barbarism, and he intends to spend the rest of his life making the lawless pay for the atrocities he saw committed there.

As a soldier he respects courage, loyalty, conscience, and obedience. He recognizes that his connection to the divine is rare and privileged, but he sees it as an act of commerce, a fair trade: Give me power to avenge the weak, and I will shed blood in your name. He intends to continue in this vein until his god decides otherwise.

Vraith is the god of spent anger, avenged wrongs, and exhausted rage. Among his people, great deeds mean nothing unless they bring you to the very edge of your skills, to the line between what you know and what you don't. As a follower of Vraith, you should never surrender, never stop, never give up the chase. It's with this spirit of tenacity that his people, so long besieged by the great barbarian tribes of the cold plains, survived as long as they did, although since their fall, Rejik's relationship with his god has taken a turn for the ironic. Vraith has yet to show any disapproval with such flippancy.

Combat & Vitals

Size: M Height: 6' Age: 40 Weight: TODO Eyes: Brown Hair: Black

Speed: 25 ft. (base + heavy armour)

HD: 1d8

HP: 10 (8 + con)

AC: 18 (chain mail + shield + dex)

Init: +0 (dex)

Warhammer: +3 (str + prof), 1d8+2 (B), 1d10+2 (B, 2h)

Javelin: +1 (dex + prof), 1d6 (P), Range 30'/120'

Spells

Spell Save DC: 12 (8 + wis + holy symbol), 11 without holy symbol

Cantrips (3): Light, Spare the Dying, Thaumaturgy

1st Level (1): Divine Favour (Domain), Shield of Faith (Domain), Bless, Cure Wounds

Skills

Athletics

Intimidation

Survival

Medicine

Proficiencies

Armor: Light, Medium, Heavy (Domain), Shields (Domain)

Weapons: Simple, Martial (Domain)

Tools: Healer's kit, Gaming set, mounts (land), vehicles (land)

Special Abilities

Divine Domain

Spellcasting

War Priest (Domain)

Trait - Military Rank (Field Commander)

Languages
Common

Elvish (race)

Equipment

Chain Mail

Shield

Warhammer

Javelin (4)

Adventurer's Kit

Holy Symbol

Holy Water (1 flask)

Healer's kit

Lucky Charm (scalp of barbarian chief)

Rank insignia (stained purple sash, worn around the neck)

Traveler's clothes

Bone dice

Currency

PP: 0 GP: 49 SP: 9 CP: 0

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Wedgeski, I love that background. Should be fun with Sulannus and him constantly clashing. :)

I want to suggest swapping his Charisma and Strength, if you want him to be a warrior-priest. I admit, I don't know if Charisma is essential to your concept or build though.

In that vein, does anyone know if attribute mods add or subtract from weapon damage in 5e? The file I have mentions that attack rolls are modified, but any mention of damage rolls is conspicuously absent.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Wedgeski, I love that background. Should be fun with Sulannus and him constantly clashing. :)
:)

I want to suggest swapping his Charisma and Strength, if you want him to be a warrior-priest. I admit, I don't know if Charisma is essential to your concept or build though.
Yeah, I think that's a good call. His soldier background took shape as I went along so I need to fix that up.

In that vein, does anyone know if attribute mods add or subtract from weapon damage in 5e? The file I have mentions that attack rolls are modified, but any mention of damage rolls is conspicuously absent.
Yup, "How to Play", p.4 & p.5, under "Attack Rolls".

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
And I'm back! Technical troubles resolved.

I'm happy to fit around everyone else. Looks like the group could use a meatshield Fighter or Barbarian of some sort. Maybe a Warforged?

Remove ads