Old-school dungeon crawl using 5e playtest rules

Li Shenron

Legend
(Let me know if I've made any glaring errors with this, it's been a very long time since I've built a D&D character...)

You should add Climber’s kit and navigator’s tools to your tool proficiencies, and I think you haven't picked your Fighter's skill.

You are also proficient with shields, and Strength and Constitution saving throws, and you can pick one additional known language because of your race.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Great Stuff, Jimmy Disco T! A few quick things I see:

* With Guide as your background, you also gain proficiency in Climber's kit and navigator's tools. (Background and Skills p. 4). You may want to buy these kits, too.
* As a fighter, you also gain proficiency in another skill (either acrobatics or intimidation), and proficiency in Strength and Constitution saves. (Classes p. 25).
* You're proficient in "mounts (land)" from two sources (background and class). Since we're being allowed to custom-build a background, you may (with Li Shenron's permission) want to take a proficiency in another language or tool.

EDIT: Scooped!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Li, Sulannus will indeed cast Mage Armor prior to arriving at the dungeon.

I'll add another language as well. Perhaps Halfling, so she can tell if Hannah is being naughty.

Or...Draconic is a good wizard language...

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Shayuri, You are the first person I have ever seen who has willingly thought about having a character learn the halfling language.

Truly spectacular.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
You have six players expressing interest now. How big a party would you like to try to handle?

(By my count, a Cleric, a Druid, a Fighter, and a Mage have been posted; and both Annandul and Eximius Nero have yet to post PCs.)

wedgeski

Adventurer
Nice background, JDT! I anticipate some fun times with this crowd.

For the DM: Shall I just pick a D&D deity and not worry too much about which campaign it's from? I doubt it'll have much impact unless the game starts to push beyond its dungeon-crawling mandate.

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Li, Sulannus will indeed cast Mage Armor prior to arriving at the dungeon.

You can add the bonus from it to AC so that I don't forget :)

You have six players expressing interest now. How big a party would you like to try to handle?

(By my count, a Cleric, a Druid, a Fighter, and a Mage have been posted; and both Annandul and Eximius Nero have yet to post PCs.)

I assumed they aren't interested anymore. If you want to make a PC and join the party, go ahead!

For the DM: Shall I just pick a D&D deity and not worry too much about which campaign it's from? I doubt it'll have much impact unless the game starts to push beyond its dungeon-crawling mandate.

I have noticed that you left it blank, but I don't mind. There is no specific setting behind this game, so you can make up your deity or choose any from a published setting.

---

Now some task for all of you:

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]: make an Intelligence(History) check with proficiency + a Wisdom(Survival) check

[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]: make an Intelligence(History) check with advantage + another Intelligence check + a Wisdom(Survival) check with proficiency

[MENTION=16212]wedgeski[/MENTION]: make a Wisdom(Survival) check with proficiency

[MENTION=6749529]Jimmy Disco T[/MENTION]: make an Intelligence(Nature) check with proficiency + a Wisdom(Survival) check with proficiency

Also, all of you can make a Wisdom(Perception) check.

These are preliminary checks for setting some starting conditions of the party. You'll then get to make one decision together, and then I'll forward you towards the dungeon's entrance.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases