Old-school dungeon crawl using 5e playtest rules

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Notabene: I've replaced Aeiyan's duplicate "Mounts" proficiency with "Artisan's Tools (Bowyer)" in an attempt at consistency.

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee, I was mostly kidding, of course. :)

I have some backstory for Su, but I hadn't bothered posting it since I figured this was mostly a rules test. But no sense in not enjoying some RP while we can, eh?

Sulannus (not really following Tolkien naming nomenclature :( ) is in her 80's...still in her troublesome 'teen' years in High Elf society...and has escaped the house of her father to get a taste of the world she has thus far only heard about in hearthside tales and read about in books. The House of Phaedran is an old one among the High Elves, and a strong one, though perceived to be in decline. There are not many young born to it, and as such Sulannus has been carefully sheltered from possible harm. But she prevailed upon one of her tutors to teach her some combat magic for self defense, and took advantage of a few complacent House guards and sympathetic hirelings to steal her way out of the citadel of white and gold, out of the tall trees of the high grove, and into the world at large.

Her retinue consists of the servants she trusted enough to be loyal to her to bring along. Each contributed in some way to her escape, so none are particularly eager for her to return.

She'd be rather shocked you were out and about at the tender age of 60, and will most likely enjoy lording the age difference around a great deal. She never gets to be the 'old one' at home. :)

Li Shenron

Legend
The playing thread is now up: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Raiders-The-Wolf-s-Den&p=6214363#post6214363

Here's some House Rules I thought about. Don't worry no "rules house rules" which won't make sense if we're still playtesting the official rules, just some suggestions about how to write our post using the same format.

I think it's easier to read, if each one of you picks a different colour and uses it to highlight "spoken words and direct dialogue" by your PC. Put it in italics when it's your character's "thoughts " instead. I usually marked it further with "".

If you have comments or something else to say that isn't related to what you character does, says, think etc. you can put it under a
quote tag
I think there was a better way to do this, that creates a box of text that can be opened/closed with a click, but I don't remember the tag name...

Li Shenron

Legend
I tried to create a page for my PC but ran into permissions issues. :(

I haven't used the Groups feature before so it could have been my fault, but I don't think so.

I can't create pages either...

I can create discussion tho. If pages don't work, we can just have a discussion thread, with one character per message.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
The playing thread is now up: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...-Raiders-The-Wolf-s-Den&p=6214363#post6214363

< snip >

I think it's easier to read, if each one of you picks a different colour and uses it to highlight "spoken words and direct dialogue" by your PC. Put it in italics when it's your character's "thoughts " instead. I usually marked it further with "".

Shall we talk about which colors fit which characters (and are readable against white-or-black backgrounds)? We have a Cleric of War (Soldier), a Druid (Bounty Hunter), a Fighter (Guide), a Mage (Noble), and a Ranger (Commoner).

Who wants which color? I would normally associate White with Druids and Grey with Rangers, but those colors don't stand out well; and Red is sort of special to the Moderators. That still leaves things like goldenrod, blue, green, darkorange, purple, teal, violet, brown, maroon, etc. Does anyone have any special preferences?

For instance, is Sulannus a blonde? Does she wear golden ornaments or charms? If so, that might inform her color.

I think Aeiyan might speak in muted, earthy hues, but I'm open to suggesions.

Remove ads