[LPF] Silent Tide

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yargos looks askance at Robert, then answers Charity's question. "Well, I've never met him but he's a big-wig in the, um, less savory life here in Planks. He doesn't dip his fingers into the action, though. He's just an information broker . . . completely neutral, and very dangerous. You'll understand the name when . . . oh, hells! Look there!"

The old man points at a rickety, dilapidated church steeple visible over the shanty-tops several blocks away. A flash of red draws your eyes to it, and as you watch the flash is repeated five times. There's a pause, and then it flashes another six times.

"That's the signal to attack the granary! That bastard's sending those monsters in to poison the granary! If they succeed and the seige comes, Venza won't have enough food to last. Oh, cripes . . . OK, you've got to stop them! The granary's that way, just past the border of the Planks and into Venza proper. You go take care of them, and I'll get this guy to the Whitecloaks. He won't give me any trouble the way you've got him tied up. I'll get to the granary as soon as I can to help with the Echelon or get you to Grandmaster Torch! Hurry!"

Lindeloef

First Post
Roberts face shows signs of bewilderment when he sees the lights and hears the explanation of it "The hell...? Good thing Mr. Pedigrew hired some holy me... holy people. Charity and Corbin, I am counting on you to slay the undead." turning to Yargos "Yargos, when you are at the Whitemantles, maybe send them and some clerics to the other places where those Ghost thingies could show up. If they believe your story of course, which I doubt."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

A look of bewilderment appears on Corbin's face. Could it be the old man is telling true? Or is this a trick?

"I am not certain what exactly to make of that, but it is curious none the same. We ought to at least investigate. Most poisons won't keep for 150 years, but the Black Echelon might have other means at their disposal, assuming they exist. Let us make haste for that place! We'll call upon Torch later."

Corbine casts longstrider upon himself and makes his way to the granary.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 6/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2
Channels Remaining: 6/7

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail

1st-Level Spells Prepared: bless, command, shield of faith, longstriderD
Orisons Prepared: create water, light, stabilize
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity follows best she can, burdened by heavy armor and no magical means to correct for it. "Dunno why you call a temple guard 'holy', Robert... but thank you... I just hope hitting them... whatever they are... works!" Her words become more punctuated as running forces her into a regular breathing.

Red hair flowing behind her, the young guard casts a concerned look behind her at the scholar and other elderly folks.

[sblock=ooc]
Charity's class status hasn't been recognized in roleplay one way or another. She's mentioned she's one of guards at the temple of Cortesia... I don't know if that qualifies as 'holy'. :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The three of you come running pell-mell up the road toward the granary. The huge building's in sight, a looming shadow in the dim light of the fading day. The silhouette of a humanoid figure can be seen standing on the road in front of the granary; he appears to be looking at you.

[sblock=OOC]OK, who's up for something a little different this fight? I've got an idea about leveraging the PbP format that could be cool, but without a little buy-in from you guys it won't be worth the effort to set it up.

Also, the silhouette is your fourth party member. PC's don't have a clue who he is, obviously, but it wouldn't be good if you killed him . . .[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

A young woman with long, red hair and carrying a well worn glaive slows and peers into the gloom, trying to see who else is on the road to the granary. She hails the shadowy figure with a simple, "Hello?"

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6 Sense Motive: +5
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Could it be on of those Echolon guys?" Robert whispers to his companions while making himself ready to draw his sword if he must.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

Corbin looks at Robert and decides to eschew obfuscation. "You there!" he calls to the shadowed figure by the granary. "Tell us your business now, and tell it true!"

OOC: I'm not sure what you have in mind [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION], but I am willing to give it a go. No harm in trying something once.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 6/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2
Channels Remaining: 6/7

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail