[LPF] Silent Tide

Lindeloef

First Post
@airwalkrr
[sblock="ooc"]Gute Besserung, hope that thing sorts out quickly without a hitch, so get well :)[/sblock]
@Mowgli
[sblock=ooc]I just realized, that I have the "favored enemy" thing as a ranger and mine happen to be Human. So my damage in last attack would be increased by 2. But I forgot about it in that roll, so I understand if it doesn't count for that one.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Combat! (Round 01 Ends)

In shock already from Robert's blitz attack, his victim is unable to resist the command in Corbin's voice; his eyes glaze over and he takes a step toward Issolatha's cleric . . . only to be shouldered off the cliff as Robert takes advantage of the WarHounder's distraction! He doesn't even scream as he falls.

With another pungent curse, the thug in front of Corbin gives over his plans to attack the cleric and turns to give the old man at the other end of the chain from Yargos a solid shove. This one does scream as he tumbles over, as do each of the two women next in line when the chain inevitably yanks them over the edge as well. Yargos' eyes widen as he realizes what's happening, then the chain gives him a solid jerk as well. He, too, tumbles over the edge . . . and just manages to get his hands on a small protuberance in the rocky path. He screams as the weight of the other three comes to bear, but he manages to hang on. They're not falling for the moment, but it's only a matter of seconds.

The rough looking girl in front of Charity - perhaps in a moment of panic - fires her crossbow. As she's raising the bow to her shoulder, the red-head slips her glaive under the WarHounder's guard and pushes the point deep into her stomach. The bolt flies off into the sea; the girl crumples to the ground.

Crossbows twang as the three remaining WarHounders fire at Robert. They must be rattled as only one finds it's mark, inflicting a minor wound when it grazes his side just under the ribs. All three drop their bows and brandish spiked gauntlets at the Ranger.

GM: Party is Up!

The Drowning Depths (Updated)

[sblock=Combat!]
Rather than retcon the extra 2 points, which would've then led to reworking Corbin's action as well, I opted to auto-succeed the Command and then Robert's AoO. (Easier on me, saves a little time, and much better for dramatic effect ;)).

WarHounder 01 provokes AoO from Charity, who exploits it thoroughly I rolled the AoO as it was the end of the round and she wouldn't get another anyway. If there might have been another chance for her to take one I'd have asked you first, Aura.

WarHounder 02 shoves the prisoners over the edge. WarHounders 04, 05 and 06 fire crossbows at Robert. One hit.

Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
Charity               17/11/15      --/14      
Corbin                15/ 8/15      --/ 9      
Robert                17/13/14      01/22

Code:
WarHounder 02         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 04         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 05         12/10/12      --/--      
WarHounder 06         12/10/12      --/--      

[s]WarHounder 01         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Glaived to Death)
[s]WarHounder 03         12/10/12      11/--      [/s] (Gone Over the Edge)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
Roberts eyes widen when he sees the group of people going over the edge. He rushes towards Yargos and tries to grab him. "Everyone try to find something on the cliff to hold on!" He yells down to the other dangling on the chain.

Adressing his companions, he shouts "if one of you can cover my back, that would be swell..."

[sblock=actions]
Move to the edge and grab Yargos... so a strength check?

Helping out Yargos: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24

oh yeah, perfect timing for that 20 :D

[/sblock]

The Drowning Depths (updated)

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 21/22
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg
Corbin moves quickly to interpose himself between the thugs on the eastern portion of the precipice, heedless of his opponents he moves past them in a scramble to defend Robert. Corbin was never a strong one and doubted his strength would be of much help in holding the dangling innocents up. "Charity! I shall cover Robert from this side. Do what you can to assist him!"

He turns to the thugs, "This is madness! Stop what you are doing and I assure you we will forget this. Just do not let these people die!"
OOC: Actions: MOVE from E:3 to F:4. Since they are all using crossbows, I am hoping this will not provoke AoOs. STANDARD Aid Robert's AC against next attack: 3 (Fail). Oh well, at the very least, Corbin ought to provide cover to Robert against some attacks, force the thugs to provoke AoOs if they fire their crossbows, or direct the thugs to attack him instead. Mowgli, feel free to roll my AoO if I get one.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"No!" the red head screams as the people begin falling. Running to assist, Robert makes it there first and calls for protection. Stopping within arm's reach of Robert, her eyes narrow on the thug left by himself. Charity steps in, glaive moving in a fast, powerful arc, and cuts him deeply into the side.

[sblock=ooc]
Move to I-04. Provokes AOO from Warhounder 02 if he has one at this point. Turns back to Warhounder 02 and Power Attacks. Pretty good hit, 13 points. If he goes down, this will help us immensely, creating a one front fight.

Round 2: Glaive Power Attack on Warhounder 02: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18
1D10+6 = [7]+6 = 13

Updated Map:
http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/52730bcc7e85a

Mowgli: I'm all for the DM rolling any of my AOO's if it smooths play. Thanks. :)

airwalkrr: Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Combat! (Round 02 Ends)

Robert calls out instructions and dives to the cliff face, catching the hand of the desperately clinging old man just as it begins to slip from the rock. The husky warrior easily holds the weight. Corbin zips around the thug between him and his ally; the ruffian lashes out with an armored fist but fails to connect. Charity follows Corbin, swinging her glaive around behind her as she gets a little distance and cutting the legs from under that one.

One of the enemy sidles up closer to Corbin along the cliff face, working to get into position to take out the prone fighter. He's cautious, though, and doesn't push . . . rather, he stops short and takes a swipe at Corbin. His spiked gauntlet catches the handsome cleric, slicing a neat seam along the jawline. The girl on the other side looks at Robert, then at Charity's glaive. Decision settles on her face, and she steps inside the reach of the long blade. She ducks under the glaive as Charity swings and hammers a quick, punishing blow into the Ranger's kidney. The final foe decides to maintain distance and draws back the string on his light crossbow. He fires a shot at Corbin, but it zips past and pings off the cliff face behind the group.

GM: Party is Up!

[sblock=Combat!]
Robert can begin hauling the prisoners up to safety - a Standard Action and a DC15 STR check gets one prisoner back on the path. DC goes down by one for each person already saved.

Also, just so there's no misunderstanding - the HP noted on the Combat! blocks are damage taken, not HP remaining. This is the same for the party and the bad guys for consistency's sake.

Code:
Corbin                15/ 8/15      02/ 9      
Robert                17/13/14      05/22      Prone

Code:
WarHounder 06         12/10/12      --/--      

[s]WarHounder 02         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Down for the Count)
[s]WarHounder 03         12/10/12      11/--      [/s] (Gone Over the Edge)
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Hold on guys, I got you." Robert presses those words through his teeth, while starting to pull up the chain of people.

"You other guys are doing a fine job but maybe get that girl out of my kidney."

[sblock=action]
Use my standard action to pull them up.

Hauling people up to safty: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

Yay I think it is official that Ru and not Charity was the reason for my bad rolls
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 17/22
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword (mwk)

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Doing her best to get one of the thugs off Robert, Charity steps back and taps the ground with the tip of her glaive in a quick distraction before thrusting it up into her target. "Doin' mah best, Robert!" she exclaims as the blade connects, drawing blood. Charity immediately cocks the weapon into position for a lethal finishing move.

[sblock=ooc]
Step back to H-04. Power attack Warhounder 06 with flanking bonus from Corbin. Hits for 10.

Round 3: Flanking Glaive Power Attack on Warhounder 06: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D10+6 = [4]+6 = 10

Updated Map:
http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/52745c2d2a1c7
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Spells Remaining (1st): 0

Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

Corbin is momentarily tempted to push the thug near him off the precipice, but wisely decides that even if he were to succeed, that might put him on a dangerous footing himself, if the thug doesn't happen to pull Corbin down with him. However, as Charity steps back and swings with her glaive, Corbin recognizes that the girl between him and Charity is distracted by Charity's attack, and seizes the opening. He crashes down upon her with his morningstar, hoping to strike a telling blow. At the last second, the girl sees his attack and cleanly ducks out of the way. Corben's morninstar thuds into the ground harmlessly.

"That was luck, darling. Don't expect you will escape my goddess' wrath for long!"
OOC: Standard Attack Warhounder 06: natural 1. Move none.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 9/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Combat! (Round 03 Ends)

Robert manages to pull Yargos up to the path, even as the girl is working him over. Charity makes quick work of the thug between her and Corbin, though Corbin's morningstar thuds into the rock right beside Robert's head . . . almost doing the WarHounder's work for them.

The thug still in melee isn't foolish enough to move within reach of Charity's deadly blade - he's seen what happened to his mates as they did so. Instead, he focuses on the priest who fumbled his last attack. He punches Corbin hard in the solar plexus with his spiked gauntlet, drawing blood and eliciting a gasp from his foe. The crossbowman proves wholly useless once more as he sends another bolt sailing out to sea.

GM: Party is up!

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
Corbin                15/ 8/15      03/ 9      
Robert                17/13/14      05/22      Prone

Code:

[s]WarHounder 02         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Down for the Count)
[s]WarHounder 03         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Gone Over the Edge)
[s]WarHounder 06         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Another Victim of Charity's Generous Nature)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases