[LPF] Silent Tide

Lindeloef

First Post
"Yargos, help me pull the others up. Charity and Corbin, you are doing a fine job!" Robert encourages his companions.

[sblock=action]
Keep on pulling them up.

Pulling the next one up: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]

Robert Kronbark
AC: 17 (14 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 17/22
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: none

Favored Enemy: Human (+2 to attack and damage rolls)

[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

Corbin looks down upon the gash in his stomach. It was a minor wound, probably more a result of the scales of his armor breaking the skin than anything else. "A pitiful flesh wound is all you can muster? You prey on the innocent and then presume to attack a servant of Issolatha!" he taunts. Secretly, he is glad he is drawing the thugs' attention away from Robert, as poor of a fighter as he is. Just a little longer. Soon Robert will be able to join the melee and these foes will flee in cowardice.

"Have at thee!" he cries, charging at the thug with his shield and pushing him towards the edge of the precipice with all his might.
OOC: Standard bull rush Warhounder 04 back CMB check 13, provokes AoO; Finally a decent roll. Hopefully that's enough to push him off, but I doubt it's enough to beat his CMD by 5 so maximum distance he might get pushed is 5 feet which should shove him off the edge if I'm lucky. If Corbin succeeds, move him into L3. Move none.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Corbin Elmentis
AC: 15 (8 touch, 15 flat-footed)
HP: 6/9
CMB: +0 CMD: 8
Fort: +3 Reflex: -2 Will: +7
Perception: +5
Initiative: -2

Current Weapon in Primary Hand: Morningstar
Current Weapon/Shield in Hand: Heavy Wooden Shield
Current Armor Worn: Scale Mail
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

As Corbin smashes shield into the thug in melee, the young guard charges down the last unoccupied assailant. However, he steps aside as she attempts to skewer him. Seemingly dissatisfied, Charity cocks her glaive to strike again.

[sblock=ooc]
Charge to M-05. Power attack glaive strike on Warhounder 05. Miss.
Correction: It is round 4, not 3, as stated in roll link.

Round 3: Charging Glaive Power Attack on Warhounder 05: 1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D10+6 = [8]+6 = 14

Updated Map:
http://beta.ditzie.com/49313/5277e5c3873ff

airwalkrr: Thought the bull rush was going to come out soon. Hope it works, then we'll be down to one bad guy.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: I was initially afraid if I tried it too soon, one of the unoccupied bad guys might try it on Corbin. Seeing how his CMD is a pitiful 8, he wouldn't stand much chance!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Combat! (Round 04 Ends)

Yargos sets to with a will at Robert's words, and the two of them have the second person on the chain - quite a pretty older lady - up to the path in short order.

The priest's maneuver proves to be quite effective - the man takes a swipe at Corbin as he closes, but the flailing fist doesn't even come close. He screams as he plummets to the rocky surf below.

The final thug, seeing five of his comrades butchered in short order, throws down his crossbow and drops to his knees. "Enough! Th' blighters ain't worth it . . . y' c'n take 'em, and t' hell with Nessian!"

The Drowning Depths (Updated)

[sblock=Combat!]
Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
Charity               17/11/15      --/14      
Corbin                15/ 8/15      03/ 9      
Robert                17/13/14      05/22      Prone

Code:
[U]Combatant             AC/ T/FF     HP Taken    Condition[/U]
WarHounder 05         12/10/12      --/--      

[s]WarHounder 01         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Glaived to Death)
[s]WarHounder 02         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Down for the Count)
[s]WarHounder 03         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Gone Over the Edge)
[s]WarHounder 04         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Drowned in the Depths)
[s]WarHounder 06         12/10/12      --/--      [/s] (Another Victim of Charity's Generous Nature)
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
After the last person gave up, Robert sighs in relief "Thanks you two for keeping them off my back. Everyone else, lets get the last two Persons up here."

OOC: I assume I don't need to roll to get the last two persons up as there are at least 2 persons aiding and no danger for kidney punches

airwalkrr

Adventurer

At the man's surrender, Corbin dives to the ground and assists Robert with pulling up the remaining villagers. As he does so, he calls out, "Charity, please watch that man and bind him. I have a rope in my backpack if you need it. I'll be wanting to hear more about this Nessian and what he wants with these innocent people."

Once the villagers are safely back up top, Corbin casts stabilize on each of the warhounds in turn according to how grievous their wounds appear. "Even these deserve at least a touch of mercy. I would hear more of their role in all this before casting judgment."

OOC: Strength check to aid Robert in pulling up captives: 19
Subsequent checks if needed: 1, 6, 11 (aid, fail, fail, aid)

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity nods in assent to Corbin. "I have rope," she mentions, as she sets she turns her attention to the remaining thug.

Eyeing the thug suspiciously, she sets her glaive distinctly out of reach before rummaging through her pack for rope. Having located it, she orders in a significantly more authoritative voice than typical, "Face down, hands behind your back!" She leans heavily on him for leverage, with little regard to his comfort.

[sblock=Charity Mini Stats]
Charity
AC: 17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 14/14
CMB: +3 CMD: 14

Fort: +3 Reflex: +2 Will: +3
Perception: +6
Initiative: +1

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Current Conditions in Effect: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Oh Charity it seems you have some experience with tying down men." Robert taunts his female companion and gives her a big grin.

airwalkrr

Adventurer

Corbin pretends he doesn't hear Robert's bawdy joke. Based on their earlier interactions, he is not sure it would even offend her. But there are more pressing matters to attend to.

"Yargos, it is good you are well now. We have come on the behalf of Mr. Peligrew. We have questions about a book you were studying on his behalf, but before we get to that, why is it that these brigands had captured you and these others? What did they have against you, and do you know for whom they work?"

OOC: Looks like Corbin was hit for 3 and Robert for 5. Corbin will channel energy to heal it outside the range of our unconscious enemies. Channel Positive Energy: 5 hp healed to Robert and Corbin.

Last edited:

Remove ads