Star Wars gagging

sabrinathecat

Explorer
This is the thinking behind the making of the special.
"Hey, Jefferson Spaceship! That's a band that has 'space ship' right in their name. Get them to be in it--let them put in a music video or something."
And it went downhill from there.
It was so bad, that my 6-yo self thought it was dumb when it was on TV.
The make-up looks like they were trying to make the characters look gay. Really, Luke gone totally effeminate, including a pixie haircut. And then there's Carrie Fisher singing the Life Day song. Just the vague memories are enough to bring up long-forgotten psychic scars and emotional trauma.

delericho

Legend
Uncovered? I remember seeing those on the laserdisc back in the day. Anybody remember laserdiscs? they were like DVDs but bigger, and you had to turn them over half way through the movie. there were also some extra scenes on there with Luke and Biggs at Tochi Station, not sure why Lucas never put those in the "Special Edition", or why they were never added to the DVD extras.

They're in the blu-ray set, at least the version with all six movies.

Honestly, I'm glad they were never added to the Special Editions - after the initial space battle, "Star Wars" actually takes quite a long time to get going, and adding in yet more scenes to that really wouldn't help it. Plus, just about every change Lucas made to the special editions (and since) that wasn't strictly "better effects" was a change for the worse, so I can't really support adding more of them. :)

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Lets not get into this argument again, say what you will, but I have a feeling you like Star Wars too, I mean youve seen every movie, and, AND, the Christmas Special, so how can you say youre not a fan? If you didnt like it why did you watch them!? And, AND, you know all about the midichlorins, so yeah, stop pretending you Star Wars fan you, Im willing to bet you had a yellow lightsaber as a kid, thats something I never understood, Why give Luke a yellow one? Where in the movies did Luke ever have a yellow lightsaber!?

1) Never seen even 1 Star Bores movie all the way through. Couldn't do it. Too bad, you see.
2) I have not seen the entire Christmas Special. I've only seen part of the one where the wookie bangs that chick psychically or whatever. The reason I watched it was a point and laugh sort of thing. It was brought up in a thread as an example of why Star Bores is terrible.
3) Midchlorians or whatever are one reason I've decided to never, ever go back and watch an entire Star Bores anything. They're an incredibly stupid explanation for force powers and luckily someone mentioned them online in an effort to, again, prove how terrible Star Bores was.

Now I wanna see that Christmas special.

A wookie psychically bangs a human broad - if memory serves. That's ... it's something.

Last edited:

Remove ads