[November] What are you reading?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Arctic Rising by Tobias Buckell. I'm curious to read his ideas on Canada being an "Arctic Tiger", even if just for the lulz.

delericho

Legend
Well, I've managed to catch up on my reading for the year, so that's good. Got a bit bogged down in "Pirate's Honor" (by Chris A. Jackson) though - it's okay, but a bit too soap opera for my liking, and after the Aubrey/Maturin series no other naval adventure really has a chance.

I hope to get that finished this weekend. The other books for the month are "Mercy Kill" by Aaron Allston, "The Carpet People" by Pratchett, "Clarissa Oakes" by Patrick O'Brian, and the next Pathfinder Adventure Path volume when it arrives.

Lindeloef

First Post
I started the Black Company from Glen Cook cause I heard so much good about it. Not far in, but so far, I have a hard time getting into it (main reason why i am not far in). The Problem is the writing style or the style of language. It is kinda weird for me(not native English speaker) to read. But I keep reading.

Crothian

First Post
I started Republic of Thieves today the third book in the Lies of Locke Lamora series. I've avoided spoilers so far but the feel I get from people who have read it is it is not that great.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I started Republic of Thieves today the third book in the Lies of Locke Lamora series. I've avoided spoilers so far but the feel I get from people who have read it is it is not that great.
That's disappointing. I really enjoyed the first two in the series.

I just started The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi. It's interesting, but I'm not far enough along to judge it yet.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
At the moment... nothing!

I just finished GRRM's Clash of Kings a little while back, and John Scalzi's Old Man's War just today. I am, at the moment, without a book!

Remove ads