[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

Piston Honda

First Post
9yc3.jpg

He had been casually listening in, and it sounded look an excursion with potential, but how to get in there. Then, The Navigator's ears perked up as he took a swig of his rum. The magic word. Treasure map.

A potential adventure and reward. Who better than he to find it? It was, of course, his job to get people to where they are going. He stood up and casually walked over to the table.

"Pardon me, friends. I couldn't help but hear mention of a treasure map. Allow me to introduce meself. Gavin Fellpool."

He gestured to add some flourish to the name. He liked it, but it needed some embellishment next time.

"I've spent some time as a ship's navigator, my familiarity with maps will certainly prove invaluable, so, I must insist upon my accompaniment."

He made his way into the booth.

"And one would presume this is more than a simple graverobbing excursion. Such a legend should surely have been heard by others before, others who likely never returned."

[sblock=Mini-stats]
The Navigator
HP 9/9
AC 14 (12 Touch/12 Flat Footed)
Initiative +2
CMB +1 CMD 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: 0 [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 5:00pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

The gnome shakes his head, "Miss, I never offered you a treasure map nor an adventure. I offered you a legend that held the location of valuable treasure. The legendary sword the king had was powerful indeed and likely worth a pile of gold that will completely cover your taller companion." he gestures to the half-orc.

"The treasure is not in the graveyard or the mausoleum. It is under it somehow. The villagers do not even know it exists as they have long forgotten the story of the king."

He looks thoughtful and rubs his beard covered chin, "However, it does make sense that the mausoleum holds the entrance to the forgotten tomb hidden in it."

"But, whatever your moral issues about the information I have sold you, they are not my concern,"
he shrugs.

[sblock=OOC]No worries, I sort of dragged Jonas along while you were off playing with your RL friends. :p[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas wanders over to the Gnome with the others and winces when he sees the Gnome select a booth for the telling of his story. He shrugs fatalistically and drags a chair over, places it just outside the little circle of folks gathered around the storyteller, and leans in just close enough that he can hear . . . not quite close enough that he's looming over the others.

His chair creaks ominously as he leans back after Gimble finishes. Jonas listens to the questions and admonitions of the Gnomes and to Gimble's response. "I suppose there's nothing forcing us to take this sword, presuming we actually find it. It sounds like a mystery to be solved, and it might be a good thing for the town - Kingshome? - to know about their history."
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra nods. "Oh, okay. That makes sense." She resumes tasting her drinks and then stops suddenly. "No, wait ... no it doesn't! What you said was that you were offering a legend, but what you implied was something like, 'Go here because there's free money.' Don't deny it, because I'm not easy to fool, and I'm quite sure that that was implied." She huffs, then stands and begins gathering her gear. "You know, I had thought that I could spend a while in Venza studying with the local Alchemists' Guild before resuming my travels, but now I feel obligated to go inform Kingsholm that all sorts of ... of ... of riff-raff might be showing up to plunder their local graveyard, because I suspect that you might have sold this information to any number of other people. Before I leave, I want to say that I think you're a quite naughty person, and also that you have very poor mathematical skills."

She settles her heavy backpack on her shoulders and gets ready to storm off.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
As the woman gets up to tattle on the story Mystie just bought, "Hey hey there. A weapon forged for the use of good? To have it locked away in the ground, doing no good is not what it was meant for. You want to put a name of grave robbing on it? Well, learned school folk would put a name of archeology on the search to find it. Is that a cleaner name for you? Will that satisfy your hoity-toity values?"

Turning back to Gimble, "Details, more details. What was the name of the overlord? How long ago was this that he reigned? Who were the raiders? What race were they? I mean if it was goblin raiders, that's one thing. If it were hill giants, that is a whole 'nother ball of wax. You said north. What road do we take? Once we are at the town, which way do we go out into the woods to get to the mausoleum? Which volcano? What powers? Do these powers belong to church folk or are they arcane in nature? I told you I want details." She smiles at the gnome trying to be polite, but her diligence in trying to get all the information is making her anxious.
[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

"Well, if it's archaeology, that'd be okay, because that's only science. And if the village agrees, since it's their graveyard. But I don't approve of looting,"she says with a glare at Pimplepot. To Mystie she adds, "And it's not really clear that the sword itself is a force of good. I mean, all we know is that in the right hands, it was a force for good, but maybe they buried it because in the wrong hands it could cause everyone on the entire continent to grow a prehensile tail or something. Which wouldn't be so bad I suppose. Might even be kind of interesting, actually..." She trails off, momentarily lost in the possibilities. "Where was I? Oh, if you are planning to excavate for archaeological purposes, I'd like to come along. My family has been artisans of all sorts for generations, and our clan founder himself was a stonemason."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash is rubbing his chin and slowly shaking his head during the discussion. The look of skepticism on his face makes it obvious that Qalabash is less than pleased with the idea of digging in a graveyard or tunneling through a mausoleum in order to find this sword and agrees with Mirra, the alchemist.

"I don't know that this is wise," begins the magus. "Mystie, if the village gives their blessing, and you are confident you can placate any spirits who might be angered by our mucking about in their burial plots then I will consider going along to aid you. I am leery for numerous reasons and a convenient diddling about with semantics is not sufficient to convince me to ignore that voice in the back of my head telling me this is a bad idea. I ignored that voice on my last job and it almost got me an extended stay in an uncomfortable room in a Venzan prison."

. . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas listens intently to the arguments on both sides. When the staff-wielder voices his reservations, the half-orc speaks up as well. "I suspect the locals won't be too happy with us digging into their mausoleum, either. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask. It may be that they'd like this bit of their history cleared up for them, so that they'll know for sure what's buried under their town. I say we go ask 'em.

"By the way, I'm Jonas. Just into town from the northern bit of the Seithr range. I wasn't really thinking of setting out again so soon, but this seems like a good thing to get involved in."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]I just realized I haven't updated Jonas' wiki sheet with his final purchases after spending the DMC to get him close to the others. I'll try to get that done sometime today.[/sblock]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Piston Honda

First Post
9yc3.jpg

The Navigator looks about at the others. A slightly displeased look on his face.

"A wonderful idea, waltz in, say we would like to inspect your mausoleum for an ancient hidden treasure." He gestures exaggeratedly as he speaks. "All in the name of archaeology, of course, the greater good, all that. Then you get the joy of dealing with all the other rabble who learn of what's down there. Maybe you could leave them a nice little trail of bread crumbs, post something in there local tavern. Best case scenario, we're tripping over a bunch of aspiring spelunkers trying to find this sword, worst case, we get to go back in there looking for some local teenager who was accidentally decapitated by his friend who found the sword of the forgotten king."

He ceases gesturing and leans toward the gnome.

"Gimble, is this mausoleum away from prying eyes?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]
"Gavin Fellpool" / The Navigator
HP 9/9
AC 14 (12 Touch/12 Flat Footed)
Initiative +2
CMB +1 CMD 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: 0 [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 5:01pm - Venza: The Dunn Wright Inn ~

Hrandeth_zpsa785cdcc.jpg

While Gimble is getting offended, the gnomish woman starts hammering him with questions. He sits back in the chair, arms crossed and lets you all discuss the issues and glares.

Finally able to get in a word edgewise he says indignantly. "Listen, I don't care what you do with the information. I thought you all were adventurers, my mistake."

"So sod take you all I care, lady whateverthefookyournameis. I did not sell the information to you."
He points at Mirra.

Looking at Mystie, "Mystie, is it? I don't know most of the answers to your questions. But I have not sold this legend to anyone else and pieced what I do know from several different sources, none of them in Kingsholm. Those folk are ignorant as far as I can tell. They use the mausoleum without even knowing it is there underneath."

"The events with the king happened centuries ago at least. Near as I could gather, the raiders were men or maybe orcs... or possibly both. No mention of giants. Don’t know his name either."

Perturbed, the gnome stands and says, "Kingholm lies north, just take the major trade road from the city and follow the signs or ask directions. Or buy yourselves a map, for all I care. Good luck."

He stomps off muttering about rude, crazy adventurers and gift horses.

[sblock=OOC]Umm, I am not really sure who decided to include Piston Honda in my adventure. But the polite thing to do is to at least ASK the DM beforehand. ;)

With limited openings, there are only two choices besides waiting around. But since Mowgli is privy to this game, he can decide if he would prefer to add another player for his group of three instead of playing with five in my dungeon crawl designed for four.

Either way, welcome to LPF, Piston Honda. We will get you into a game. :)[/sblock]

Remove ads