[LPF] Barrow of the Forgotten King

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
"I'm going with the saddled mastiff. Or maybe shepard, or wolfhound. It depends what they have available. Yeah, mastiff just feels right. But first, I have to go do some trading. I bought a full wand of healing, because, well it's my job. But, that was rather expensive. Now I got to go back and see if they have a half full one I can trade down to. That should free up some gold so I can get me a riding dog."

"Ah, yeah. I am the healer. I don't do much fighting. I make sure others can do that, and can keep doing that far longer than those they are fighting against. But, if we are inconspicuous and looking for clues others have lost to time, I don't see why we have to fight anything. Using our brains should get us through. But, if not, Qalabash has a big stick."

"So, crossroads to the north at first light."

After the others agree, Mystie heads out to do some shopping.

[sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 13/13, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex -1, Will +2, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 2/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion
....,,.........Consumables: 2/2 days trail rations
....................Channels: 1 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action..................................
Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra waves off the rebuttal. "In your scenario, the treasure would still belong to the bar owner. He owns the property, doesn't he? For heaven's sake, if there was a vein of gold running under this property, you wouldn't say, 'Well, the bar owner doesn't know about the gold he's sitting on, so there's no problem mining it out from under him.' At least, I wouldn't say such a thing, and I certainly hope you wouldn't. Even if you believe that they didn't originally have legal ownership, the townsfolk would still have a fairly solid claim given that they've been 'squatting' there for decades, especially since they've contributed to the upkeep of the cemetery. No, I still think we have to inform the townsfolk and see if they want to excavate."

She resumes sampling the remaining beverages. "I don't know that my tales are that interesting, Mr. Baram. At least not to other people. I mean, most of my time in the Northern Isles, I was cataloging species of finches."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash seems uncertain how to handle the continuing disagreement so he shrugs it off.

"Ah, well, perhaps you are right, Mirra, perhaps not. Regardless, there are things I must acquire before we hit the road so maybe we can continue the discussion in the morning? Or maybe we can check out the situation in Kingshome before we make a decision. Again, it was a pleasure and I hope to see you bright and early in the morning! And you as well, Jonas."

The older man raises a knuckle to his forehead in some form of gesture of parting before winding his way through the crowd to exit the inn and go to buy a couple of items to aid adventuring. He will be sure to be well rested and at the crossroads at first light.

. . . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas nods amiably at Qalabash as the old man departs, and then rises himself . . . one can almost believe the chair's squeaking is a sigh as it's relieved of its burden. "At the crossroads at first light then? I'll be there." He makes his way to the bar and exchanges a few words with his fellow half-orc, drops a coin on the worn surface, and heads upstairs to his room.​
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
The next day, Mystie shows up at the crossroads. A mastiff was indeed her choice of mount. "Come on Bubba. I am not that heavy." The dog makes his way along, but is more interested in the treats Mystie is having to bribe him with than with being an obedient mount.

Dagger -2, d4-3

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,,,,,,,Racial Spells: Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires,2 Antitoxins
Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 6/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16
.......... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
You all part company to rest and prepare for the journey north.

The next morning you see the weather promises to be pleasant enough, a good omen perhaps. The bustle of Venza is typical and you all find no trouble reaching your agreed upon meeting place.

The road north lies ahead.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Qalabash:   11/11 HP remaining;
Mirra:      08/08 HP remaining:
Mystie:     13/13 HP remaining;
->Bubba:    16/16 HP remaining;
Jonas:      13/13 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
  Qalabash: AP 0/4, Spells 1st 0/4
  Mirra:    Bombs 0/6, Extracts 0/2
  Mystie:   Misfortune, Ch Energy 0/5, SLAs 0/3, Spells 1st 0/4
  Jonas:    Jdgmt 0/1, Spells 1st 0/2
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]I looked at some sheets this morning and it appeared the shopping is not all completed and recorded. Jonas and Qalabash's finances don't look right. Systole, I really think you should spend some DMC now to put Mirra on par with Jonas so your gear is not initial crap and you level when they do. The encounters are going to be set for APL2 out of the gate and may not be so easy.

I am ready to post another significant scene advancement once the administrative stuff is taken care of. Feel free to RP your morning rendezvous and any skill checks you want to make for your journey. But I do not plan to have Kingsholm arrival before the behind the scenes character stuff are concluded.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram, human staff magus

Qalabash whistles as he walks out of Venza in the early morning. His pack is loaded and perched on his back in the manner of those well-acquainted with life on the road. He smiles as he sees Mystie has reached the crossroads before him.

"Ah, Mystie! And a mount. Good work, Miss Thissiledew, good work." Qalabash looks idly about for the others who were in the bar the previous day but sees none of the others have arrived yet. He slips a slender wand of beechwood from one voluminous sleeve and presents it to the gnome. "For healing though it is my earnest hope that it proves to be entirely unnecessary. After our last venture I had the good fortune to come across this healing wand in the Pearl and with the coin we made from that venture I was able to purchase it, as you can see. I lack the requisite talent to use it so if you would be so kind as to carry it and use it as necessary...?"

[sblock=OOC/Actions]PM, I was able to make purchases but had a bit of trouble editing the wiki so wasn't able to record everything at the time. It should all be corrected now. Added gear is a half-charged wand of CLW and a half-charged wand of shield.

Also, I'm expecting family in on Monday then some travel later in the week so I probably won't be able to post much this whole week.[/sblock]

. . . . Qalabash Baram . . .

[sblock=Stats]Qalabash Baram Staff Magus 1
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 14 (11 Touch, 13 Flat-footed) Current AC: 14
HP: 11 Current HP: 11
CMB: +3 / +5 Trip CMD: 14 / 16 vs. Trip Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +1

In Hand: Quarterstaff
Conditions:
Spells Prepared:
  • 0-level: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation
  • 1st level: Shield, Shield
Special:
Arcane Pool: 4/4 points remaining [Swift action: +1 enhancement bonus for 1 minute][/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]
Taking the wand and looking it over, "Yes, yes I can do that. In fact, I will put it in this so I can't drop it." Mystie pulls up her sleeve to reveal a wrist sheath contraption. With a flick of her wrist, a dagger comes out with the pommel at just the right place to be gripped in her palm. After unfastening the dagger and inserting the wand, she winds a little crank and draws the wand back into hiding. Testing just to make sure, she flicks her wrist. The wand springs out where she can easily grasp it. Cranking it back a second time, "That works. Did they give you the activation word? That's the last piece to make it useful."Mystie memorized the word Qalabash gives her in response.

Turning to her dog, "Bubba, this is Qalabash. He is a friend. Don't bite him." Bubba seems completely disinterested in what the girl is saying. Shrugging her shoulders, she turns back to Qalabash. "You would think he is a Cee A Tee the way he behaves. But, at least he walks faster than I do."

Dagger -2, d4-3

.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
......,,.......Consumables: In right spring loaded wrist sheath, Qalabash's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires,2 Antitoxins
Consumables: 6/6 days trail rations, 6/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
..................................This consumes the swift action
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16
.......... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt

Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]

Systole

First Post
Mirra_150.jpg

Mirra shows up bright and early the following morning. On the way out of the inn, she waves happily at the gamblers who have evidently been up all night. The men glower at her and mutter under their breath. She leaves the inn and meets up his the others, a harsh chymical odor wafting in her wake. "Ah, sorry about the smell. I got some new armor last night, and only finished the alchemical treatment early this morning. It'll go away in a day or two. Maybe three. No more than five, certainly. Hey, I have a question ... those gamblers asked me to show them some card-playing maths last night, and naturally I accepted. I mean, I think it's great that they have an interest in continuing education. But the funny thing was, I was planning to do it just as a demonstration, but everyone insisted that playing with real money makes it more fun. But then when we played, I couldn't see any improvement in the amount of fun I was personally experiencing, and everyone else seemed to not be having much fun at all. So on the whole, it seemed like playing for money actually had a negative impact on overall amount of fun. What do you guys think? Am I wrong?"

[sblock=OOC]Spent 3 DMCs to bring me up to everyone else. Bought thieves' tools and darkleaf studded leather. [/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16 (13 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 8/8
CMB:+1 CMD: 14
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +1

Perception: +4
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 6/6
Cognatogen Prepared: Intelligence
1st Level: 1/2
Extracts Prepared: Enlarge Person

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear (+1, x2, 1d8+1) and Bomb (+3, x2, 1d6+3)
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas arrives at the appointed place, at the appointed time, and notes that the others all got there before him. The hulking priest nods amiably to his traveling companions. "Ladies, Qalabash. A fine day for travel, eh?" He squats easily beside the dog, just outside arms reach so he's not threatening, and holds out a hand palm down in introduction.​
[/section]

Initiative: +02
AC: 16 (12 Touch, 14 Flat-Footed)
HP: 11/11
Senses: DarkVision (60’)
CMB: +02 CMD: 14
Fort: +02 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases