Sale of two more Egil and Nix novels to Del Rey

PaulKemp

First Post
Since I've posted here before about my sword and sorcery novels starring Egil and Nix, I figured I'd share this too.

The detailed announcement is here, but the upshot is that I've sold two more Egil and Nix novels to Del Rey, bringing the running total to four (THE HAMMER AND THE BLADE, A DISCOURSE IN STEEL, and the forthcoming, A CONVERSATION IN BLOOD and ASS KICKING SWORD AND SORCERY IV: THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL (uh, let's call that a working title :)).

So for those who may not know: The Egil and Nix stories are my attempt to capture the feel of the stories of Leiber and Howard and Burroughs, et al, while still bringing some modern thematic elements and prose to the table. And, to judge from reviews, I think I've had some success in doing just that. So, if you've dug the stories of those giants, you might enjoy the Tales of Egil and Nix, too.

And to those of you who have read the books: my thanks. The commercial and critical success of the novels is what pushed Del Rey to acquire the next two. Couldn't have done it without you. :)

Remove ads