Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[*since the one on the left just retreated into the cave, there is only one hobgoblin left visible at the boulders, so I just assumed you would target that]

Yes, that's great. ("Only the one on the right is left?" "Yes, that's right!")

So now each of the guards has taken some damage, but none has dropped yet, with the first two to take damage retreating into the cave. Interesting.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Seeing his allies closing in on the cave entrance, Tock decides to follow suit; he bursts forth from the foliage, stowing his crossbow by his side and reaching behind his back with both hands.

"To the fight, my friends!"

With a practiced motion, he draws his halberd and holds it high, ready to defend against missile fire while charging to melee range.

OOC: Using a move & hustle action to move 60ft towards the cave entrance and the remaining guard while swapping to halberd; if possible Tock will try to keep up with either Rejik or Bartleby (whichever is closer).

Tock will use his Protection fighting style (impose disadvantage if attacked) to defend either himself, or Rejik/Bartleby if he can make it to within 5ft of them; choosing to shield an ally over himself if he can't do both.

I'll worry about what to do with the boulders when I get there :)

Li Shenron

Legend
Tock will use his Protection fighting style (impose disadvantage if attacked) to defend either himself, or Rejik/Bartleby if he can make it to within 5ft of them; choosing to shield an ally over himself if he can't do both.

[Thanks for the heads up! Please remind me about this if I forget.

I think it will be harder in PbP than in a face-to-face game to handle "interrupts". If you want, you can also declare a default for me to follow, such as "use the reaction at the first opportunity" or "save it up for when an ally is attacked, unless the monster is the last before my turn". Anyway it's not going to be a problem when all monsters act at the same initiative.]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bartleby continues his run towards the cave, looking over his shoulder and seeing his colleagues with him. He turns back, and think that perhaps it still looks like he is being chased. Perhaps the deception continues.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
[Thanks for the heads up! Please remind me about this if I forget.

I think it will be harder in PbP than in a face-to-face game to handle "interrupts". If you want, you can also declare a default for me to follow, such as "use the reaction at the first opportunity" or "save it up for when an ally is attacked, unless the monster is the last before my turn". Anyway it's not going to be a problem when all monsters act at the same initiative.]

I'm happy for you to use your own judgement/discretion for my Protection fighting style if it helps. Generally Tock will defend an ally (or himself if no allies within 5ft) against the first threat (unless there's a really obvious bigger threat that may come later).

Shayuri

First Post
Sulannus glances around, suddenly a little nervous as she's swiftly left alone. There might be more goblins coming, mightn't there? Creeping at her through the bushes.

She breaks cover, hurrying after the others. The white hoarfrost continues to swirl around her spell focus though...she's ready to open fire should a hobgoblin show it's ugly mug.

(Move around and towards the boulders to try to get a line of fire on a hob. If she sees one, she'll take the shot regardless of cover or other considerations.)

Li Shenron

Legend
The last hobgoblin guard standing on the boulders appears confused for a moment, hesitating to take action. Then he suddenly drops and disappears behind the boulders barrier, as if forcibly pulled back by an unseen force...

...while a grunting voice from the gloom of the cave shouts the only word in goblinoid all of you know: "Idiot!"

tuxgeo

Adventurer
While the hobgoblins are retreating and deriding each other, Aeiyan hustles toward the cave, carrying his bow in his left hand and his drawn arrow in his right.

With no enemies in sight right now, he doesn't bother dodging; but as he moves he wonders what that bell was; he suspects it was an alarm to alert the rest of the fortress about the party's arrival.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Keeping his eye on the others, Rejik barrels forward and throws himself behind one of the rocks outside the cave entrance. He waits there, peering around the boulder into the cave, trying to get the lay of the land while the party regroups.

OOC: Rejik action round 3: Again with the Hustle to make it all the way across the clearing and into cover outside the cave.
[MENTION=1465]Li Shenron[/MENTION]: Would it be possible to append a combat summary to any post you make while we're in combat? Just initiative order and which round we're on would be really useful.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Following Rejik's lead, Tock runs to the opposite side of the cave entrance, keeping out of sight for the moment but with his halberd at the ready to strike at any foes emerging from the entrance.

Keeping an ear out for approaching enemies, he says softly to his companion; "Rejik, what can you see? Must we ready ourselves for reinforcements?"

OOC: Taking up a position on the other side of the entrance to Rejik, halberd ready. If I can reach it with a single move I'll also ready an action to try and strike any emerging enemies, otherwise I'll use a move + hustle to reach the cave and await the next turn. Using Protection on Rejik if I can cover him from where I am, otherwise using it on myself.

Remove ads