Dungeon Raiders: The Wolf's Den

Li Shenron

Legend
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] it is now Sulannus' turn.

You are still at least one move action away from the boulders + another move action for getting over the boulders and into the cave. If we don't hear from you, I think it'd be fair and safe to assume those will be your actions for this round.

Shayuri

First Post
As her hired (well, not that she's paying them, but that's beside the point) help dauntlessly invades the hobgoblin cave, Sulannus finds herself forgiving them some of their rough manners, and patting herself on the back a little. They are not pretty but they appeared to be getting the job done. Which was fine, because she was pretty enough for all of them. Clever enough too. Oh yes, this was going brilliantly!

Chortling and smug, she hurries across to the boulders and turns sideways to scuttle through, careful not to smudge or besmirch her clothes. Yes, by this time the goblins would be crushed and they could assault the evil fortress from below!

(OOC - Yep, 2 move actions. :))

Li Shenron

Legend
Sulannus can now see better that Bartleby is engaged in melee, and has just finished off one of the wounded hobgoblins at the bottleneck before the inner caves.

The second hobgoblin, who was carrying his comrade inside, drops the buddy on the ground, and quickly pulls out an arrow from his quiver, and shoots it at Bartleby. But the brave dwarf is not caught off guard, and the arrow sinks in his shield. Then someone passes a longspear to the hobgoblin, who grins and readies it against Bartleby, but otherwise stands his ground (about 10ft between the two, with the other hobgoblin's corpse in the middle).

[MENTION=23484]Kobold Stew[/MENTION]:

[sblock]Bartleby can see in the dark, although the cave beyond is not really visible from this side of the bottleneck, but he can surely notice that there are more, in fact possibly many, hobgoblins moving around in the inner cave. [/sblock]

[OoC: as you know, I'm trying to use the playtest rules "as is", but right now there might be some inconsistency: hobgoblins are listed in Bestiary as using longspears (10ft reach, 1d8 damage), but there is no such weapon in the Equipment document, only a spear (normal reach, 1d6 damage). In fact, it seems there are no "reach" melee weapons at the moment... I'm trying not to play in "battlemat mode" so we don't have to carefully track distances, so hopefully this won't make much difference for us, but let's see...]

REMINDER: technically, the outer cave (between the boulders and the bottleneck) is a shadowy area. Anyone without darkvision cannot see any hobgoblin (except perhaps the dead one) because they are in the dark!

wedgeski

Adventurer
[OoC: as you know, I'm trying to use the playtest rules "as is", but right now there might be some inconsistency: hobgoblins are listed in Bestiary as using longspears (10ft reach, 1d8 damage), but there is no such weapon in the Equipment document, only a spear (normal reach, 1d6 damage). In fact, it seems there are no "reach" melee weapons at the moment... I'm trying not to play in "battlemat mode" so we don't have to carefully track distances, so hopefully this won't make much difference for us, but let's see...]
OOC: I would suggest that reach weapons will cause us trouble when we try to engage them in melee with our feeble non-reach weapons. :) However you'd like to play it is fine with me.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
Aeiyan moves the rest of the way to the boulders, returns the arrow he is holding to his quiver to free a hand, and climbs as best he can up and over one of the boulders. (Do the boulders offer handholds? I don't know whether this needs a check.)

His low-light vision shows him the first 10 feet (?) of the entrance to the cave, but no farther. If he has time (I don't think he does?), he takes out a torch and lights it.

Li Shenron

Legend
Aeiyan moves the rest of the way to the boulders, returns the arrow he is holding to his quiver to free a hand, and climbs as best he can up and over one of the boulders. (Do the boulders offer handholds? I don't know whether this needs a check.)

You're already near the boulders. They "handholdsness" is enough to that you need one move to climb them with no checks (or as I wrote before, you can jump on them quickly with a check, but lose a move action if you fail the check).

His low-light vision shows him the first 10 feet (?) of the entrance to the cave, but no farther. If he has time (I don't think he does?), he takes out a torch and lights it.

To light a torch takes an action (it says so in the Equipment chapter), so you have time to climb using your normal movement, and to light the torch in the same round.

Low-light vision makes you see with no penalties in shadows/dim light, but unfortunately it doesn't extend the range of vision... but now that you have a torch, for everybody the entry cave (20ft deep) is in bright light, and beyond everybody can see (in dim light) at least the hobgoblin that just attacked Bartleby.

tuxgeo

Adventurer
[Bump] post so our game doesn't fall off the front page of the category. :)

Eh? I stated Aeiyan's action in post #86, in response to the actions of the hobgoblins, so I'm fairly sure we're not waiting for me to post again.
(It has been five days since our DM last clarified matters.)

(Tock? Rejik? Are we still following Initiative order?)

wedgeski

Adventurer
Rejik Round 4:

Rejik casts Light on his holy symbol and for now allows it to dangle freely around his neck, then he moves past the rocks looking for cover further in the cave.

OOC: Hmm that reminds I must sort out my deity when I get a chance!

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
(round 4)

There's a hobgoblin right in front of Bartleby, and I don't know if he can see any of the ones further in. He charges at the one in front of him, and swings.

1d20+4=12 (miss?)

And then he looks up at the hobgoblin towering over him, and his big pointy stick.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases