Conan makes a whoopsie

Dog Moon

Adventurer
What I don't get is why it's considered 'racist'. Muslims are a part of a Religion, just like Christians are a part of their Religion. If I make a joke about Christians, it isn't a racist joke... so why is making a joke about Muslims considered a racist joke?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
What I don't get is why it's considered 'racist'. Muslims are a part of a Religion, just like Christians are a part of their Religion. If I make a joke about Christians, it isn't a racist joke... so why is making a joke about Muslims considered a racist joke?
Are you christian? I'm not a fan of "you can't say that cause you not part of that group", but it is true that sometimes people are not familiar with what is offensive for another group. Is this the case? I do not care, but it is always good to change the group involved with Jews to see if suddenly it becomes unacceptable.

Personally, I just want that giant unfunny ginger head to be gone. /weaps

Last edited:

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous

It isn't, it is, if such a word exists, religionist. Because such a word does not exist it's considered racist because obviously, most Muslims are of Arab or African or Asian heritage.

That this view is, to a Caucasian Muslim, equally racist is typically ignored. Way of the world. :erm:

In any case, religion is not a topic for EN World, neither is racism unless it is in connection to gaming matters.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I wasn't trying to start anything racial or religionist... I just noticed that the article mentioned the joke to be racist. That's why I like the word 'prejudice' because it isn't specific.

And no I'm not Christian, that was just the first Religion I could think of besides Islam to use for my example.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I did notice that there was mention in that link to Jimmy Kimmel regarding Chinese people. I don't know what surprised me more: that a little child would say we should just kill all Chinese people or that it managed to make it onto the air....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases