A Keep on the Borderlands: Consolidation

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Oh good god, I can't believe I neglected this so much! I am so sorry. Been having trouble keeping up, and I thought I did this one, and...man. Anyway, back to it!)

The range was bad for her spell, unless she wanted to cast another magic missile...so Arcata fell back on her trusty crossbow. It wasn't magical, but was of a quality befitting her status; dark, slightly reddish wood of exceptional resiliance, with polished carvings of battles inlaid across the sides. The arms were laminated wood, with a thin reinforcing of metal along the leading edge.

She laid a bolt in the cup of it and took aim as best she could, motioning for the other archers near her to do likewise.

"Fire," she said, and let it fly. She then moved back from the edge to get cover from any return fire while she reloaded.

(targeting the Head Dwarf if she can see him, otherwise any dwarf within 30' will do)
[roll0] for [roll1] damage.

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

[sblock=ooc]I'm a doofus. Bastian actually has a bow. Not that he's especially good with it, but he has it. Might as well try...[/sblock]

Following his charge, Bastian returns his greatsword to its scabbard and pulls out his bow.

"Not that I have a lot of practice with this thing. Prefer to get up closer, but when off-continent and all that..." he says. He takes careful aim and lets fly.

[sblock=ooc]Comp Longbow vs. bad dwarf. (1d20+3=22, 1d8=3) Huh. He might have actually hit something there...[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Schattenstein, the Cobalt Dwarf leader, is hidden behind rocks and undergrowth. Aracta draws an aim on one of the cobalt dwarfs in the open ... and hits. Bastian follows his mistress' lead, hitting the same dwarf and then Cassie steps between them and finishes him off with her crossbow. The other cobalt dwarfs, meanwhile, have fled back to the narrow stairs. Only one remains, guarded by Sh'aah down at the entrance.

[sblock=OOC]
Three attacks hits #10 and kill him - there wasn't line of sight to Schattenstein.

Barring hot pursuit, that's the end of combat for now.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata watches the Cobalt Dwarves flee until they can't be seen anymore, breathing fast. She looks over her shoulder at Bastian and smiles. She's weary, drained of magic, but there is a certain sweetness in the victory. Her smile fades quickly though. The victory was not without cost. More than one had died in this defense.

"Well shot," she told him, and can't resist adding an impish, "Though I thought I told you to hold the line at the tunnel?"

Axel

First Post
As the living dwarves retreat, Sh'aah nudges his prisoner further into the cave with unsubtle blows of the shaft of his double axe. "Move!" was all he had to say while shepherding the suddenly pathetic creature towards the back.

Kaodi

Hero
Comoray goes person to person to take an inventory of injuries before he decides whether to expend more of the invigorating energy bestowed upon him by Velshionne.

Axel

First Post
ooc: it's been awhile, but I'm fairly confident that Sh'aah is at or about full HP. Courtesy of the channel energy efforts during combat, of course

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

"Well shot," she told him, and can't resist adding an impish, "Though I thought I told you to hold the line at the tunnel?"

Bastian settles the bow on his back with a shrug and a smirk.

"What kind of warrior would I be if I let my charge go off and learn to be a better shot than I am?" he says as he gestures to allow Arcata to return to the central chamber before him. "You've already got magic. If you start showing me up with martial skills, I'll wind up working a farm before next week."

Dr Simon

Explorer
A few of the Copper Dwarves are injured, particularly the two who were first to hold the entrance against the incursion. Only one is badly wounded but Comoray's earlier channeling has stabilised him. They are a hardy folk and they politely decline the offer of any further healing, using a mix of signs and rough Common.

Other Copper Dwarves are busy stripping the arms and armour from the dead Cobalt Dwarves. Their leader Menexes stumps over to the "visitors".

"You fought well," he says. "Without your help we wouldn't have stood a chance against those shadow snakes. You have the friendship of the Copper Dwarves. It's a pity Schattenstein got away, but we know where to find him." He glances over to the tunnel entrance. "My Lady, if you wouldn't mind removing your spell, I'll send some scouts to follow his retreat. Then maybe we'll have more time to discuss what brings you to the mountains, and what you know about the Cobalt Dwarf."

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata glances at the shimmering slippery area she created and blushes ever so slightly. She'd totally forgotten about that. With a gesture she disjoins the spell, and the shimmering motes rise up and dissipate into nothing.

"Of course," she replied. "Hopefully at least this will give him pause before he turns aggressive again. I'm much more concerned about what he represents right now though. A pattern is forming, and it's not a good one."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases