A Keep on the Borderlands: Consolidation

Axel

First Post
Realising these might be tougher opponents than he had ever fought previously, Sh'aah tried to relax and let go of the animal instincts that normally took over his conscious mind during battles. It didn't work... With a bellow that echoed around the cavern, Sh'aah's first blow sheared through the steel plate of the dwarf in front with a rending screech

The resulting spray of arterial blood did not help the half-orc regain control. Stepping over the body of the recently fallen, he hammered a back-hand blow into the back of the Dwarf. The Dwarf was entirely unsuspecting, taking a heavy body blow. Until a few heartbeats before he had been protected on that side...

[Sblock=ooc and rolls]
Full attack, against C6. Second blow against C7 with a 5' step if C6 goes down on the first swing.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4531290/
Main hand: 1d20+4+3+1+1-2=27 (ouch, threat!)
Off hand: 1d20+4+3+1+1-2=22

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4531292/
Threat confirmation: 1d20+4+3+1+1-2=24 (gonna assume confirmed)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4531299/
Damage to C6 with crit: 3d8+12=27

Gonna assume KO at least, so off hand damage to C7: 1d8+2=10
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4531303/
[/Sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
As Bastian moves to defend Arcata, Sh'aah carves a bloody swathe through the cobalt dwarf vanguard. The incursion is bottlenecked at the entrance, hampered by Arcata's grease spell.

[sblock=OOC]
Dwarf Sanctuary 10.jpg

Sh'aah's attack takes down C6 and C7.

Next up
Comoray
Everyone else.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Comoray focuses briefly on the one allied dwarf who is fallen and says a short prayer such that he might stabilize and then moves to Rexun's side for a vantage point on the cave opening.

OOC: Cast stabilize on 6 and move three squares to the left.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Just checked the initiative sequence - I thought Arcata had cast her grease spell this round, but it was last round, so it's actually [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] up next before all the dwarves.

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata emerges from the corridor to get a better look at the bottleneck from just behind Cassie, and nods at what she sees. The cobalt dwarves were now forced to bring only a fraction of their strength against the defenders, and were at a significant disadvantage in doing so.

"It doesn't matter how nimble the dwarves are...my spell won't strike anything I don't will it to." She frowned. "I don't see their leader yet. I need to get closer and wait. If he tries to cast another spell, I'll have one of my own waiting for him."

To the likely consternation of her guardians, Arcata moved farther towards the fray, peering over the heads of the dwarves to find one with a gleaming blue amulet...

(Move south and try to get a line of sight/effect to the Big H...then delay action to interrupt if he spellcasts.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Menexes utters a command in dwarven and his Copper dwarves move to form a line barring entry. Another Cobalt dwarf is felled by the axe of one of the Copper dwarves barring the entrance, and then they begin to retreat back down the tunnel. Of those stuck on Arcata's grease spell, one manages to find his feet and start to flee, the other slips back down with a crash.

[sblock=OOC]
Dwarf Sanctuary 11.jpg

D1, attacks C2, hits for 12 damage and takes it out.
Everyone else just moves.
C8 makes Acrobatics check
C3 fails Acrobatics check, remains prone.

Next up
Bastian
Sh'aah
Comoray
Arcata
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

Bastian relaxed slightly.

"If we chase them out, we bottleneck ourselves the same way they were." He points with his greatsword toward the tunnel closest to him.

"If you can hold this one, I'm going to move to the bend in this one. They may be trying to come around, but if I catch them on the turn, no one's shooting nonsense at us down the lane. Menexes, how close are the entrances for those other three tunnels? I want to make sure they can't come at us from any other directions."

[sblock=ooc]As above. Since the greased entrance seems covered, Bastian's going to move northwest up the other tunnel. He'll stop right before the turn, which should assure that only one enemy at a time can do anything to him, since they won't have line of sight or fire available to shoot things from the back.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Is it? Bah, Well, they do have a spell caster, so I'll stick with it for now. I definitely don't want to go chasing them single file through the tunnel.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Menexes glances at the other tunnels.

"Only one leads to the outside, but Schattenstein vill haf to travel long many miles across rough terrain to find it," he says.

OOC: Yes, the other tunnel leads up to what amounts to little more than an arrow slit, used to observe the entrance. Still useful for observation and/or sniping for anyone who wishes, though.

Remove ads