An Adventure in Space & Time (docudrama) Trailer! And other stuff!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is on next week!

Also, the Science of Doctor Who show with Prof. Brian Cox and Matt Smith is on tonight on BBC2 at 9pm. Looks fun!

Tomorrow night is BBC's Children in Need night. Expect something new; maybe another minisode, or a new trailer or something.

[video=youtube;dEwikIhEZrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dEwikIhEZrE[/video]

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Has the right look for Hartnell, but the voice is wrong. Hope they give Verity Lambert the credit she deserves.
One of the dvds had skits about the founding of the show that were pretty funny. I rather liked another one where two fans kidnap Peter Davidson.

I remember seeing a documentary about the show from the perspective of an anonymous anarak. Sections were given titles like "Exterminate, Exterminate" and "Victims of Fashion". Anyone else remember that? Any chance it's on youtube? Well, a basic search didn't find it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Incidentally, this was absolutely superb. A real gem, with outstanding performances and incredible period sets and costumes which mimick the 1960s BBC studios perfectly. David Bradley was an excellent Hartnell - so good, I don't see why they don't cast him as the first Doctor and use him!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Does iPlayer work for you?

"Currently BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only, but all BBC iPlayer Radio programmes are available to you."

So, I guess not. However, it looks like there are some Doctor Who radio dramas in there I can listen too, which is kind of nifty!

My cable TV company is offering "An Adventure in Time and Space" On Demand, for free, so I can watch it at home. :)

Herschel

Adventurer
Step two in the redemption of David Bradley from hated character player. ;) (Broadchurch was step 1)

It really made you feel for William Hartnell and what he was going through, rather than thinking he was just a crotchety bugger.

Richards

Legend
I thought they did an excellent job casting the actors playing the Doctor, Barbara, and Ian, as far as their appearances matching up with the original cast. The actors playing Patrick Troughton and the Doctor's later companions, though - not so much. But it was an enjoyable movie, and I really liked the Verity Lambert actress.

Johnathan

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I thought they did an excellent job casting the actors playing the Doctor, Barbara, and Ian, as far as their appearances matching up with the original cast. The actors playing Patrick Troughton and the Doctor's later companions, though - not so much. But it was an enjoyable movie, and I really liked the Verity Lambert actress.

Yeah, the Troughton actor looked far too young!

Remove ads