Day of the Doctor

Describing a Time War is hard. Try it. Explain what is, how it is different in those couple sentences you say could have handled it.

Ok, challenge excepted.

In the height of the time war, fleets of war war ships moved freely through all four dimensions, the Dalek had the Time lords out numbered ten thousand to one, but Tardises could be flown by 3-6 time lords where Dalek ships took more then a hundred times that.

War Tardises can morph mid flight creating new levels of armor and weapons as they go. So the Dalek blast through and more just appears. Dalek try to breach enogh to board tardisis, meanwhile Tardises have to not only destroy the ships, but then fight Dalke that can leave there ship and keep fighting.

Imagine weaponized blackholes and disintegrating blast being exchanged.

Now intersperce lesser races like Cybermen and humans fighting BOTH Dalek and Time Lords. Then you have someone turn the star of the space system into a black hole... 90% of the Tardises teleport through space time and 50% of the Dalek escape, but 0% of the humans and cybermen... then have hurt Doctor (I call the Valiyard) mention that there where 3 enhabited planets each with over a billion people, and 8 space stations each with a few hundred thousand people, plus the fleets lost..,

Then reveled that is a standard time lord tactic, fall back blow the whole system...

Next up when having soldier fighting Dalek show them dying..ALOT, but everyonce in a while have the commander get shot then regen into a new body. Have the grunts complain that 'regular' galafrian troops don't get thirteen tries.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ok, challenge excepted.

In the height of the time war, fleets of war war ships moved freely through all four dimensions, the Dalek had the Time lords out numbered ten thousand to one, but Tardises could be flown by 3-6 time lords where Dalek ships took more then a hundred times that.

War Tardises can morph mid flight creating new levels of armor and weapons as they go. So the Dalek blast through and more just appears. Dalek try to breach enogh to board tardisis, meanwhile Tardises have to not only destroy the ships, but then fight Dalke that can leave there ship and keep fighting.

Imagine weaponized blackholes and disintegrating blast being exchanged.

Now intersperce lesser races like Cybermen and humans fighting BOTH Dalek and Time Lords. Then you have someone turn the star of the space system into a black hole... 90% of the Tardises teleport through space time and 50% of the Dalek escape, but 0% of the humans and cybermen... then have hurt Doctor (I call the Valiyard) mention that there where 3 enhabited planets each with over a billion people, and 8 space stations each with a few hundred thousand people, plus the fleets lost..,

Then reveled that is a standard time lord tactic, fall back blow the whole system...

Next up when having soldier fighting Dalek show them dying..ALOT, but everyonce in a while have the commander get shot then regen into a new body. Have the grunts complain that 'regular' galafrian troops don't get thirteen tries.

Morphing armour and weaponized black holes and regenerations aren't a time war. They're a regular (hi-tech) war.

Morphing armour and weaponized black holes and regenerations aren't a time war. They're a regular (hi-tech) war.

I see them being the same as a hand pistol in a modern war. No they aren't the big weapons, but they are the common soldier's of the war, what makes it a time war is that both sides of it are moveing in 4d (time and space) witch leave whole timelines being wrecked. Again at 12:01.01 est our sun is turned from yellow to full blackhole, at 12:01.30 the fight is over, but people without 4d movement had no chance... the TARDIS almost all escape that by rewinding.

Imagin running battles that start in dinosaur times and end after the sun super nova's, but is one running fight with peoppel moveing through time.

I see them being the same as a hand pistol in a modern war. No they aren't the big weapons, but they are the common soldier's of the war, what makes it a time war is that both sides of it are moveing in 4d (time and space) witch leave whole timelines being wrecked. Again at 12:01.01 est our sun is turned from yellow to full blackhole, at 12:01.30 the fight is over, but people without 4d movement had no chance... the TARDIS almost all escape that by rewinding.

Imagin running battles that start in dinosaur times and end after the sun super nova's, but is one running fight with peoppel moveing through time.

Why do you say that - we haven't seen a series post-Galifrey-Return yet.

I like the tone of the show when the Doctor is the only Time Lord, because as pointed out the other Time Lords can muck up things a bit and yes this was in the original run of the show. However I doubt the return will happen until the end of the Capaldi and Moffett run.

Actually I would argue the battlefield, not the battle, is "dinosaur times at one side and the sun goes supernova at the other end", with the participants moving about constantly - almost erratically - trying to get into a better position and thinking in such five dimensional tactics and strategies is complicated.

I think this is JUST ONE part of the over all war...comparing this would be like saying Omaha Beach was D-day instead of it jsut being a part of the over all event...

I was most intrigued by the ending with you-know-Who (dont want to spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet) and his comment about revisiting familiar faces or something like that. This leads me to believe that at some point the Doctor will get the ability to regenerate into previous incarnations of himself.

Remove ads