OOC - Mad Kings Monkey II (recruiting closed)

doghead

thotd
We are re-recruiting one or two characters to bring the party back up to strength. The game is Pathfinder, utilising the Epic6 rule. The setting is fairly lightweight conventional home-brew fantasy. Very little outside what the party has experienced has been defined.

The party are all in the service of the Chancellor to the Baron. The Baron, ably served by his Chancellor, is a man with a keen interest in the goings on in the world, and growning belief that trouble times are coming. To this end, the Chancellor has in his employ a number of individuals of particular abilities to undertake various tasks. The members of the party are such individuals.

Currently we have:

Bayar - male human fighter 2 played by [MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION]
Jan - male human bard 2 played by [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]
Libros - male human sorcerer 2 played by [MENTION=30034]ghostcat[/MENTION]

Next up, we will be swinging into War of the Burning Sky AP. Some familiarity with the AP doesn't automatically disqualify, PM me if you have any questions.

So as always, if you are interested or even just curious, post up and say hi.

[sblock=Character Generation]
Second level, core classes only, 18 point build, max HP at first level, two traits.

I am going to limit to choice of race to human. The world, known as the Reaches of Man, is predominantly human. While there are humanoid races in the setting (so far the party have encountered both goblins and gnolls), there are no significant non-human nations. If you are particularly set on playing another race, PM me.

Each character will be able to speak, in addition to Common, the native tongue of his or her homeland.

Up to two non-class skills can be added to the class skills for the character if written into the background.

Appropriate mundane equipment is generally provided by the Chancellor. In addition, each character may start with one magic item of up to 2500gp in value. Write a description as to how it came into your character's possession. If you want to take something consumable, like potions or scrolls or feather tokens you may take a number of that item up to 2500gp. This is not a 2500gp spending spree. You don't get to keep the difference.
[/sblock]

Original OOC thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?330256-OOC-Mad-King-s-Monkey-(Updates-in-1st-post)
Original IC thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?331379-IC-Mad-King-s-Monkey
Original RG thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?331320-Pathfinder-RG-Mad-King-s-Monkey

Update 24NOV13: We have three expressions of interest for the two vacant positions, so for now I am going to close the recruiting.

thotd

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Setting Information

The following is from the original set-up. While it hasn't come into play so far, it remains extant.

[sblock=Setting Information]
There is a cold wind blowing through the Reaches of Man.

For as long as history records, there have been gates - from the huge Arches through which whole wagon trains can pass, to little doors more suitable for a child than a grown adult. Between all of these gates is the Netherworld, sometimes dry and dusty, sometimes green and fertile, sometimes cold and snow-covered. But always with the same flat iron-grey sky and generally safe so long as you follow the rules; stay on the path, do not sleep while in the Netherworld and take nothing from the Netherworld through a gate.

The paths of the Netherworld are as many and varied as the gates they traverse between. The most famous are the Great Roads that connect the Arches. They are arrow straight and topped with smooth paving stones. One hundred paces to each side the land is flat and featureless, adorned only with grass and wild flowers. The other paths range from tracks wide enough for wagons to those that seem little more than animal tracks. Most are of handpicked earth sometimes supplemented by hewn timber or crushed stone where the ground is boggy. Occasionally there are small bridges or raised walkways of timber or stones. But most are just hard-beaten earth. But whatever the appearance of the paths, they have been uniformly easy enough to traverse with good footing and clear of obstructing vegitation.

Or so they once were. Now a days it is not uncommon to find weeds growing through the paving stones of the Great Roads, which no longer seem as straight and smooth as they used to be, and thorny bushes and corpses of small stunted trees and thick underground seem to crowd the roads in places. The smaller paths seem to be narrower, rockier and more treacherous underfoot, and a wise traveller takes a stout staff for there are places now where branches hang low over the paths and thorny bushes clutch and tear at the fabric of ones clothes. And while the Netherworld seems as empty and uninhabited as always, travellers commonly talk about the sense of being watched and of darker shadows lurking in the shadows which hover at the edge of ones vision. Many old timers will tell you that it is colder now in the Netherworld, and will point out the dark clouds that can now sometimes be seen rolling slowly across a sky that was once just a featureless expanse of unchanging grey.

There is a cold wind blowing through the reaches of man and it seems to be coming from the Netherworld.

Many dismiss such stories and reports of growing darkness and danger in the Netherworld as superstitious nonsense. They point to thousands of people who daily, and safely, traverse the paths between the portals. They point to the countless stories and fables of of dark happenings and terrible fates set in the Netherworld as evidence that nothing has changed, or if it has, it is not the first time it has, and will not be the last. Of course the Netherworld is dangerous, but not if you follow the rules: stay on the path, do not sleep while in the Netherworld and take nothing from it.
[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
I'm relatively new to pathfinder but I'd be interested in throwing my hat in the ring... how's a rogue sound?

[sblock=Rufus Greegory]Rufus Greegory
Human Male Rogue 2
True Neutral

Str 12 +1 (2 pts)
Dex 16 +3 (+2 Human, 5 pts)
Con 12 +1 (2 pts)
Int 14 +2 (5 pts)
Wis 12 +1 (2 pts)
Cha 12 +1 (2 pts)

BAB: +1
CMB: +2
CMD: 15

Fort: +1 (+1 Con)
Refl: +6 (+3 Dex, +3 Base)
Will: +1 (+1 Wis)

HP: 13 [sblock=13 HP Lvl1: 9, Lvl2: 4]1d8+1=4[/sblock]
AC: 18 (10 + 3 Dex + 4 Armor + 1 Deflection)
Init: +5 (+3 Dex, +2 Trait)

Attacks:
Scimitar +6 (+1 BAB +3 Dex +1 WF +1 MW) to attk 1d6+1 dmg 18-20 x2 crit
Two Attacks: Scimitar +4/+4 (-2/-2 TWF, +1 BAB +3 Dex +1 WF +1 MW) 1d6+1 dmg 18-20 x2 crit

Skills: (Misc is the +3 bns for putting a rank in skill)
Acrobatics +7 (+3 Dex, +2 Ranks, +3 CS, -1 ACP)
Bluff +6 (+1 Cha, +2 Ranks, +3 CS)
Disable Device +7 (+3 Dex, +2 Ranks, +3 CS, -1 ACP)
Escape Artist +6 (+3 Dex, +1 Ranks, +3 CS, -1 ACP)
Knowledge (Local) +6 (+2 Int, +1 Ranks, +3 CS)
Knowledge (Arcana) +6 (+2 Int, +1 Ranks, +3 CS)
Knowledge Religion +6 (+2 Int, +1 Ranks, +3 CS)
Linguistics +7 (+2 Int, +2 Ranks, +3 CS)
Perception +6 (+1 Wis, +2 Ranks, +3 CS)
Sense Motive +6 (+1 Wis, +2 Ranks, +3 CS)
Sleight of Hand +6 (+3 Dex, +1 Ranks, +3 CS, -1 ACP)
Stealth +7 (+3 Dex, +2 Ranks, +3 CS, -1 ACP)
Swim +4 (+1 Str, +1 Ranks, +3 CS, -1 ACP)
Use Magic Device +6 (+1 Cha, +2 Ranks, +3 CS)

Traits:
Anatomist (+1 trait bonus to rolls when confirming crits)
Reactionary (+2 trait bonus to Initiative)

Feats:
Two Weapon Fighting
Weapon Focus (Rapier)
Weapon Finesse*

Special Abilities:
Sneak Attack (1d6)
Trapfinding
Evasion
Finesse Rogue*

Gear:
Ring of Protection +1
MW Chain Shirt
MW Rapier x2
Backpack
Bedroll
Caltrops
Scroll Case
Grappling Hook
50 Silk Rope
Flint and Steel
Bullseye Lantern
Lamp Oil (5 pints)
5 Belt Pouches
Explorers Outfit
10 Sunrods
MW Thieves Tools

History: Before him stood the massive portcullis, his brown eyes scanning it with a gleam and an upturn of one corner of his lips. Rufus thought back to his first dungeon, one trap trying to hinder his progress after another. He sighed just ever so slightly sending a light jingle of his chain armor through the air about him as he fiddled with the worn and old ring on his non-gloved hand. Rufus felt the rush of being some place he shouldn't be for the first time as his body seemed to tingle and react just at the thought of that first taste of honing his skills as a inexperienced thief.

Much time had passed since then but his keen mind remembered every detail as he moved to caress the portcullis with his tightly gloved hand. he caressed it as it was an old and experienced partner as a full smile crawled across his thin lips. It wasn't long before he scaled the iron gate impeding his forward progress and squeezed through the small gap at the top of the poorly thought out deterrent. After making his way down the other side he again placed his fingers over his fathers old and once first major item pulled himself from his first dungeon, Rufus chuckled lightly with a look of confidence before slinking into the darkness of the stronghold to see what he could lay his hands on.... [/sblock]

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

I can play whatever you want. Good to see you after my looooong absence, Doghead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I, also, have interest. It's be a while since I played Pathfinder, but I have the books and I looked up the E6 rules. I was contemplating a druid with a dog animal companion, a woman who has one foot in the towns and one in the wilderness, trying to preserve the balance of nature and man, peace and war.

Or a cleric of Pharasma (or the local equivalent), who seeks the fates of those around him, and the futures of those destined for greatness.

doghead

thotd
Whoa!

Ok.

I was half expecting to have to work out how to run this the just the original three. Didn't see this coming.

But I forget myself. Firstly, welcome everyone.

[MENTION=1322]Rathan[/MENTION] - a rogue definitely fills a gap in the current line up. Looking forward to seeing the background
[MENTION=11456]Tailspinner[/MENTION] - it has indeed been a long time. Nice to see you again. So, any thoughts as to what out want to play?
[MENTION=4441]Isida Kep'Tukari[/MENTION] - I am a fan of both druids and dog companions. A druid would be a good addition, as would a cleric. There isn't a pantheon established for this setting as yet, IIRC (I will do a little digging around to check).

Let me back track a little. The original idea for the setting was developed from ideas suggested by the players. Unfortunately, much of what was developed was lost in one of the upgrades to the forums when all the wiki material was dis-associated from the campaign page. It may still be out there, I just haven't been able to retrieve it. That been said, the background material was fairly bare bones, the idea being to fill out the details through the game itself. In other worlds, a collaborative setting.

This is intended to be very much a collaborative setting. Feel free to make suggestions and offer ideas. In my experience, the end result is usually far more interesting than anything I would come up with by myself.

As for the characters, I am going to go with one fairly simple criteria - a complete character, including background and description. In a few days, once we have everything sorted, I will look to introduce the new characters into the game.

I am also going to close the recruiting for the moment, I think.

thotd

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=Monk]
Li Thuan (Lee Tuhn)
Male human monk 2

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Homeland: Shaanxi
Deity: Fujangrei (Gozreh)
Height: 5'-4"
Weight: 150#
Hair: White
Eyes: Black

Str: 15 (+2) [7 points]
Dex: 16 (+3) [5 points, +2 racial]
Con: 14 (+2) [5 points]
Int: 10 (+0) [0 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [5 points, +2 racial]
Cha: 7 (-2) [-4 points]

Racial Abilities: Dual Talent: +2 to two ability scores (Dexterity & Wisdom). Favored Class: Monk.

Class Abilities: Flurry of blows, stunning fist, unarmed strike, evasion. Proficient with club, crossbow (light or heavy), dagger, handaxe, javelin, kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shortspear, short sword, shuriken, siangham, sling, and spear, but no armor or shields.

Hit Dice: 2d8+4
HP: 20
AC: 17 (+3 Dex, +3 Wis, +1 dodge)
Init: +5 (+3 Dex, +2 trait)
Speed: 30'

Saves:
Fortitude +5 [+3 base, +2 Con]
Reflex +6 [+3 base, +3 Dex]
Will +6 [+3 base, +3 Wis]

CMB: +3
CMD: 19
Melee Atk: +3 (1d6+2/x2/B, unarmed)
Melee Atk: +2/+2 (1d6+2/x2/B, flurry)
Ranged Atk: +4 (1d8/19/80'/P, light crossbow)

Skills:
Acrobatics +13 [2 ranks, +3 Dex, +3 CS, +5 boots]
Climb +7 [2 ranks, +2 Str, +3 CS]
Escape Artist +8 [2 ranks, +3 Dex, +3 CS]
Perception +8 [2 ranks, +3 Wis, +3 CS]
Stealth +8 [2 ranks, +3 Dex, +3 CS]

Feats:
Blind-Fight [1st level]
Improved Unarmed Strike [1st level monk bonus]
Stunning Fist [1st level monk bonus]
Dodge [1st level monk bonus]
Scorpion Style [2nd level monk bonus]

Traits:
Reactionary (+2 trait bonus on Initiative checks)
Magical Talent (Can cast Mage Hand once per day as a spell-like ability and functions at CL 1st)

Languages: Common, Mandarin

Equipment
Monk's Outfit
Backpack
Light Crossbow
40 Crossbow Bolts
Boots of Elvenkind

Money
20gp

Appearance: Li Thuan is a relitively short man, with striking white hair and pitch black eyes. Thuan is normally found wearing loose breeches and shirt all bound together with sashes and strange boots upon his feet. He wears an almost pristine backpack upon his back. His hair is cut short.

Personality: Thuan seems gruff and obstinate. It is quickly obvious that he has a very poor grasp of the Common language and often gets frustrated when he does not understand others.

Background: At an early age Thuan went to study at the monastery. It was difficult at first but he soon found that things seemed to come natural to him. But always there was something that always seemed to trouble the lad and his teachers saw this internal torment.

One day the great master summoned Thuan to him. Thuan was instructed to travel the land until he found what his heart desired. Although he did not understand Thuan knew not to cross the great master so he agreed to leave on his quest.

Since that time Thuan has traveled from place to place learning what he can and trying to determine what his heart desired. He still is unaware just what he is looking for.

Recently Thuan was traveling with a group of people through the Netherworld. As they traveled his eyes kept being drawn to a stange figure in a cloak. As the group neared the exit a roar was heard in the distance. Many ran toward the exit but the strange man pulled out a bow and began firing arrow after arrow in the direction of the roar. As others ran Thuan's attention was on the strange man. But then there was a flash of light. Those that remained chose that time to run for the exit. As Thuan's vision cleared all he saw of the strange man was a pair of smoking boots. Thuan grabbed the boots and raced after the others. He had had enough of the Netherworld to last a for a long time.

About a month ago Thuan was walking down a street when he happened upon a young boy being accosted by four large men. Seeing that the odds were against the young lad he stepped in to help. He made short work of the men using his melee skills. As the city watch arrived Thuan stunned one of the men allowing his capture by the authorities. As the watch started to detain Thuan the boy identified himself as the Baron's personal courier. Soon Thuan was brought before the Baron and offered a job. Seeing this as an opportunity Thuan accepted. He has done odd jobs for the Baron since that day.
[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I'm definitely going with the druid. Little lady with a big dog, big heart, who suffers no nonsense. This is just the bare bones stats with no description or background yet, and I'm still working on the magic item(s). I'm debating between something personal and specific given to her (healing gloves), a stash of things she found (potions/wands/scrolls), or a generally useful item she either commissioned or was pressed on her (handy haversack). Any opinions by other peoples?

[sblock=Little Druid with a Big Dog]
Ullara Halx
Female human druid 2

Alignment: True Neutral
Homeland: Witchwood region
Deity: Nature
Height: 4' 7''
Weight: 95 lbs
Hair: Golden Blonde
Eyes: Green

Str: 10 (+0) [0 points]
Dex: 12 (+1) [2 points]
Con: 13 (+1) [3 points]
Int: 13 (+1) [3 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [5 points,+2 racial]
Cha: 14 (+2) [5 points]

Class and Racial Abilities: +2 to one ability score (chose Wisdom), Medium size, 30 ft. movement, bonus feat at 1st level, extra skill rank at 1st level and one additional rank whenever she gains a level. Favored Class: Druid.

Nature bond (animal companion), nature sense, wild empathy +3, divine spells, druidic oaths, woodland stride. Proficient with club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, sickle, short spear, sling, and spear, as well as light and medium armor and shields (though not tower shields), provided they are not metal.

Hit Dice: 2d8+2
HP: 16
AC: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 armor)
Init: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 35 ft.

Saves:
Fortitude +4 [+3 base, +1 Con]
Reflex +1 [+0 base, +1 Dex]
Will +6 [+3 base, +3 Wis]

CMB: +1
CMD: +2 (+2 vs being tripped, and saves to avoid being tripped)
Melee Atk: +1 (1d8/x3/P, spear)
Melee Atk: +1 (1d6/x2/B, quarterstaff)
Ranged Atk: +2 (1d4/x2/20 ft./P, dart)

Skills:
Handle Animal +7 [2 ranks, +2 Cha, +3 class skill]
Heal +10 [2 ranks, +3 Wis, +3 class skill, +2 Self-Sufficient]
Knowledge (geography) +6 [1 rank, +1 Int, +3 class skill]
Knowledge (nature) +8 [2 ranks, +1 Int, +3 class skill, +2 nature sense]
Perception +9 [1 ranks, +3 Wis, +3 class skill, +2 Alertness]
Profession (herbalist) +8 [2 ranks, +3 Wis, +3 class skill]
Sense Motive +10 [1 rank, +3 Wis, +3 class skill, +2 Alertness, +1 World-Traveler]
Spellcraft +5 [1 rank, +1 Int, +3 class skill]
Survival +12 [2 ranks, +3 Wis, +3 class skill, +2 nature sense, +2 Self-Sufficient]

Feats:
Self-Sufficient [human bonus feat]
Alertness [1st level]

Traits:
World-Traveler (+1 to Sense Motive, and is always class skill)
Sacred Touch (Can stabilize a dying creature as a standard action by touch)

Languages: Common, Druidic, Witchwood dialect

Spells Per Day
Save DC +3
0th – detect magic, detect poison, stabilize, light
1st - cure light wounds, magic fang, speak with animals

Equipment
Backpack
2 daggers
10 darts
Sickle
Agile Alpenstock (+5 foot enhancement bonus to speed, and +2 enhancement bonus to CMD against trips attempts and saving throws to avoid being tripped)
Leather armor
Bedroll
Waterskin
50 ft. rope
Trail rations (10 days’ worth)
Belt pouch
Holly and mistletoe
Traveler’s outfit
Explorer’s outfit
Healer’s kit
Flint and steel
Mug
Fishhook
Herbalists’ tools (mortar and pestle, sample jars, etc.)
Five pounds of soap

Money
10gp

Bran, dog animal companion: Small animal; HD 3d8+3: hp 26; Init +3; Spd 40 ft.; AC 15 (+3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 12; Base Atk +2; CMB +2; CMD +5; Atk: bite +5 melee (1d4+1); full Atk: bite +5 melee (1d4+1); Space/Reach 5ft./5ft.; SQ low-light vision, link, share spells, scent; AL N; SV Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2; Str 13, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6.

Skills and Feats: Perception +3, Stealth +4; Weapon Finesse (bite).

Tricks Known: Attack, Defend, Down, Heel, Come, Guard, Seek

~~~~~

Appearance: Ullara Halx is an exceptionally short woman, not much taller than a youth, with bright golden hair and clear green eyes. With a bit of imagination, one could imagine her in a gown at a party of some nobleman, fluttering a fan and her eyelashes at whatever silk-dressed dandy looked to gather her into his circle. But it does take some imagination, because Ullara is usually found wearing leather armor over tough homespun skirts and leggings, with a practical pocketed vest and hooded cloak over all. A sickle wrapped in leather to protect her from its edge is tied to her belt, and she bears a small quiver of heavy darts at her side. She usually has a well-made staff in one hand, carved with a hint of vines and the serpent of wisdom, symbols of healing. The carving is not terribly good, but it’s recognizable. She bears a well-used backpack, and bunches of herbs dangle from a small portable drying rack she has tied to it. Her hair is usually tightly braided, often with strips of fine dyed leather.

Her companion, a brindle mastiff she calls Bran, comes up nearly to her shoulder. He’s an outsized hulk of a beast, and looks even larger next to Ullara’s tiny frame.

Personality: Ullara is more ready with a smile than a frown, but that only after she’s had a chance to take your measure. She’s quick as assessing a situation, and ready to deliver advice in a gentle or acerbic manner as is needed to get folks on an even keel again. Practical and driven by a need to restore order, she does not suffer fools well, though gets along amazingly with children.

Background: Most folks do not travel far beyond their villages. There is danger in the world, from weather, from brigands, wild beasts, even from the dangers of the magical paths that merchants do trod. Ullara’s kin, in that respect, were different. They sought the fringes between their villages and the woodlands, gleaning healing herbs and growing in knowledge as they traded their lore with others of their kind. Though those in the villages were willing to trade with them for poultices and tonics, they were not always welcome when there was no need. The “wildling Halxes” were considered by some to be half-fey, born of some nature spirit and enjoying their unpredictable favor, because how else could they survive out there, beyond the safety of walls?

Ullara’s father, her mother never spoke of. When she was very young, Ullara had thought surely her father was the forest spirit the villagers claimed, because how else could her mother have known as much as she did. When she grew older, Ullara suspected that she had been fathered by one of the villagers, a man who would never speak up and claim her out of fear or shame or dread of her mother’s wrath. But just before Ullara found herself on her own, she began to wonder if her first suspicion wasn’t true, for her mother had been raven-haired and brown-eyed, and nearly every villager the same. Where, then, had come her sun-hair and moss-eyes? But her mother loved her dearly, and questions of her ancestry seemed rather silly in the grand scheme of things.

Ullara learned from a young age to ignore the suspicions of the insular and let her skill speak for itself. When a girl could track a wounded deer over a league of broken ground, or help break the wound-fever of a man in delirium, the stares of the villagers seemed less hostile when they were tinged with gratitude. Her mother was proud of Ullara’s skill, and the two of them made their rounds of a half-dozen villages together. Despite the villagers’ suspicions, living on the fringes of the woods was indeed hard, and it took all their cunning to keep the two of them alive when winter-thin wolves would stalk them, or stranger things out of the depths would come a-calling.

When Ullara was sixteen, she woke one morning on the forest’s edge to find herself alone, all her mother’s things gone, as if she had just walked away. There was no trail, though her mother had left behind the tome of collected knowledge of the Halxes, a book of devotion to nature and the processes of the natural world. Ullara went to each of the villages on her route, asking after her mother, Jarda Halx. No one had seen her.

Ullara traded hunting skill and her healing gift to a stout and fearless woodcutter named Gresh for houseroom one winter, and he took her in, heedless of her “unnatural” reputation (he was not the sharpest axe on the rack). She used her time to study the book of Halx more thoroughly than she ever had before, and within its pages found not just recipes for healing bruises, but for calling upon the powers of nature itself. When winter was up and she was determined to set out wandering again, much to her surprise Gresh handed her a polished staff that he had crudely carved with healer’s symbols during the long winter.

“Was given me by my granda, who got it from his granda, who said he got it from a tree who talked to him and asked him to spare its life. Granda said the tree said because he’d let it stay, the tree would make it easy for him to go and find another. It’s a traveler’s staff; makes you walk fast and sure.” Gresh thrust it into Ullara’s hands, blushing. “You be knowing more about trees than even me, knowing more than anyone ever did. Seems be like it should belong to you. You be a good egg, no matter what peoples say. I lives on the edges too. I t’ain’t ‘fraid of you.” And he would say no more about it, ducking his head if she tried to ask.

That summer, she walked into the woods. Two years later, she walked out again, still having found no trace of her mother, but having been accepted by the deep power of the earth. Now Ullara sees the power of nature in not just the trees of her forest, but the people and animals of the world around her. She would see them safe in her hands and in her care, those careful stewards of the land. And to those who would despoil it or cause needless death? Well, she also walked out of the woods with a half-feral hound who acted as her helper, and her temper.

That temper gave her the boldness to not just brave the wilderness, but the villagers and even the townsfolk she had rarely met. She’d learned that nature extended everywhere, even where the trees had been cut to make houses, where animals all lived under harness or roof, where people rarely saw a living plant. Yet life thrived there as well. Ullara was determined to widen her circle, to add to the book of Halx, to gain in knowledge not just for own sake, but for that of her family. Whether had mother had left or been taken, Ullara would not let obsession deter her from honoring her.

Slowly Ullara began to offer her services farther afield, sometimes only going on the tales of travelers as she ventured beyond the Witchwood region into the larger towns, and even the cities. Healing skill was valued whether it was used on a man savaged by a wolf or a man cut in a bar fight, and a burn was a burn whether it came from kitchen fire or forge. And her ability to keep herself alive along roads without having to burden herself with a caravan, to travel swiftly to even remote and distant places, meant Ullara was a swift and competent person to hire for a wide number of situations. Not many necessarily would at first glance, as she looked like a slightly overgrown doll, but once they’d seen the mastiff that came to shoulder-height on her, most chose to keep their opinions out of her earshot.

She came to the attention of the local Baron when she darted in to heal a guardsman of his Chancellor when they’d been attacked by bandits on the road. The Chancellor’s guards were beating off the desperate rogues, but one man had fallen to a chance arrow and likely would have died before anyone could have seen to him. Ullara had been traveling to a nearby town, shadowing the Chancellor’s carriage so as to avoid the very problem the Chancellor was suffering from, and she would not allow someone to suffer on her watch. She empowered Bran with magic to defend them, and healed the guard on the spot, Bran snarling at anyone who got near.

The Chancellor had a rather good first impression of her, and recommended her to the Baron as someone who could be of use for the odd, incidental problems that do come up from time to time. Though Ullara was startled that someone of such high rank would take enough interest in her, who had been a village healer most of her life, to employ her to see to issues beyond her own little sphere, she has become rather intrigued by the possibilities to see more of the world and the people in it.

Ullara is a wandering healer, hunter, and guide with a ruthlessly practical outlook on life. Her tongue can be fierce when provoked by fools, but with children and animals she can be very gentle indeed.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hi,

Scott DeWar here, Plays Jan (pronounced yawn) the bard. Can't wait for you three to join the game!

Doghead, will this become tho new official ooc thread?

Remove ads