IC - Mad King's Monkey II

ghostcat

First Post
Libros is ready to cast a Sleep spell at the wagon when he notices that Bran is not particularly interested in it. So he relaxes, stay alert and waits for Bran to flush their quarry.

Once it looks like the attacker left over the wall Libros addresses the steward "I'm not very good at climbing wall, so would like to leave by the gate if you don't mind"

Libros then waits for Bayar to get his equipment and the others to get ready.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I am not so good either, but I will give it a go."

Jan follows over the wall to keep from leaving a party member exposed and alone in these weird times.

Axel

First Post
Bayar puts a hand on Jan's shoulder before he jumped over the wall. "I be going around. This man be having a long start, so there be no need for haste."

Scott DeWar

" 'k. Just wanted to keep you safe.Someone needs to watch over you" Jan says with a wink and a grin.

Axel

First Post
"Be that so?" Bayar replied with a grin. "If you be watching out for everyone we be doing away with priests and gods the , eh?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ullara Halx - female human druid with dog companion Bran

Ullara curses quietly and urges Bran to go around the wall with Bayar and Jan. "Seek, Bran," she urges him. "Find this man and his poison. Seek!"

The near-killer could be long-gone by now, or gone to ground like a rat in his hole. She would have words to say to him if they met, and none of them would be, "Spirits bless."

doghead

thotd
Day Five, Morning, in the courtyard of the Baron's residence

The gate from the courtyard is opened, opening a way for Bran and those following him into the street beyond. Its quiet and dark. There are almost no lights on in any widows. While the sky is beginning to lighten, visibility is only a couple of hundred yards before everthing disoves into murky grey and black shadows. The street, what you can see of it, is almost deserted. To the left a drunken reveller stumbles his weary way into the gloom (150 yards). To the right, two men slowly haul a heavily loaded cart slowly up the incline towards the gate (110 yards).

Bran, nose down and tail up, picks up the scent and heads right.

[sblock=OOC]As Bran doesn't have Track trick, this is a "push" DC 25. DC for tracking by scent increase by 2 for every hour, but as this is a slowly awaking city, which will get increasingly busy as dawn approaches, DC will increase by 2 in 25 minutes, then 2 more 20 minutes after that, then 2 more 15 minutes after that, then 2 more every ten minutes after that. I'll give you the first Track check.

How fast are you moving - Walk, Hustle or Run? Faster than a Hustle and the tracking gets harder.

As with the gnoll chase, I am going to allow you to burn Attributes for a +4 check bonus. You can choose any attribute. The attribute damage is temporary and can be recovered by rest (1 hour full rest per point burnt). If you have any questions, throw them into the OOC thread.[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ullara Halx - female human druid with dog companion Bran.

Ullara knows they haven't practiced this together, usually preferring to swap skill for hunter's meat and letting Bran get his own meals, but she's seen other druids and other hunters course their hounds, and she knows the theory, if not the practice. She coaxes Bran gently, putting every scrap of memory into it, and follows her faithful companion towards the cart.

[sblock=OOC]OOC: Made the first check exactly and precisely, at 25. I'm going to have to burn attributes like a bonfire to make this work if this goes on too long - I only have a +7, and it was purely to the virtue of rolling an 18 that I made the check. :uhoh:[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

OOC: let's make this an aid another . . . . .

1d20+5=11

Jan looks around and realizes he is out of his league in trying to help the fighter, so he puts his knowledge into tracking to help the dog and his pet human.

Axel

First Post
Bayar is pleased the dog can track. It certainly looked and acted more as a pet yesterday than a hunting dog. Still, he had to dog trot to keep up with the others and would soon sweating despite the early morning air.

After the dog heads right, Bayar calls out to the two men as the group closes the distance towards them. "Be keeping your space! What be on your cart so early?"

[Sblock=ooc]
No actions for now, things seem under control. Will have to "jog" (x3 movement) to keep pace with everyone else. [/Sblock]

Remove ads