The Walking Dead 4.7 "Dead Weight" (Spoiler Alert!)

NewJeffCT

First Post
Another Governor episode, though we got the prison gang at the end. I guess the bad Governor is back and taking charge. Should be an interesting mid season finale next week

Ahnehnois

First Post
Casting favorite character actors from genre fiction is always good. I don't read news on these things, so I was a tad surprised to see Kirk Acevedo and Enver Gjokaj pop up.

A better episode in that at least we're no longer pretending the Governor is a good guy.

I spent the episode thinking again how stupid all his followers and "family" are to be ignorant of his brutality and to stick with him, but then I thought that while they are fools, it's not unrealistic for people to behave this way. Just went down to the Holocaust Museum on a whim recently, and was thinking about how relatively middle of the road people can go down the wrong path, and how effective the Governor's "leadership style" really is.

I quite enjoyed this episode. The wife enjoyed it a lot more than last week's. But glad things have connected back with the prison. Personally still mulling over the governor's developmeny. I had been interested in a possible redemption arch, but I kind of like that they humanized him, only to still have him be an evil bastard. I feel like that isn't something I have seen much of elsewhere. I also feel like they made it something of a choice, it seemed as if he was managing to keep that dark side until Martinez offered to share power with him and he felt Martinez couldn't protect the camp. There is something of a parallel between his return and rick's. The new aquarium (with Pete in the lake) was interesting. Nice spot to end the episode, definitely holding my interest for next week. Looks like things will speed up considerably.

NewJeffCT

First Post
I quite enjoyed this episode. The wife enjoyed it a lot more than last week's. But glad things have connected back with the prison. Personally still mulling over the governor's developmeny. I had been interested in a possible redemption arch, but I kind of like that they humanized him, only to still have him be an evil bastard. I feel like that isn't something I have seen much of elsewhere. I also feel like they made it something of a choice, it seemed as if he was managing to keep that dark side until Martinez offered to share power with him and he felt Martinez couldn't protect the camp. There is something of a parallel between his return and rick's. The new aquarium (with Pete in the lake) was interesting. Nice spot to end the episode, definitely holding my interest for next week. Looks like things will speed up considerably.

Now, is there any way the Governor decides not to pull the trigger there?

Now, is there any way the Governor decides not to pull the trigger there?

yes. I think he wants to pull the trigger but, dependin on the exact circumstances, that may be the least effective course of action. He may not have been redeemed but he definitely changed the last two episodes. I think he doesnt want a repeat of the woodbury masacre which was him totallly losing control. Going forward i suspect he will work to remain in control. The thing with michonne looks like happenstance while he has some other plan. I think i know what the plan is, and what is going to happen with herschel and micchone but we'll see. I'd be surprised if he pulls the trigger at that point in time and place.clearly he wants to pull the trigger. I think his head will win (daddy didn't beat him at chess for nothing).

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Interesting to see the Gov fall back to the person he was but if they do the freaking frog & scorpion line I am dropping the show.

To me, it was so predictable as to be a waste of time.

Poor, poor Governor. So tortured by his loss that he must murder people and blow things up to prevent it from happening again! If this is "humanizing", I don't want to be human any more.

I needed two hours of TV to tell me this? Like I didn't already know it from last season?

Ahnehnois

First Post
Agreed. I don't know why I tuned in to two episodes of The Walking Dead that didn't feature any of the characters that I actually want to see developed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases