Romanadvoratrelundar

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Lalla Ward is still around.
So is Mary Tamm.
The woman who stood next to Rassilon for the end of Tenent's stories (just so we get rid of that stupid idea of The Doctor's Mother).

Oh, and have Louise Jameson back at Leela. c'Mon, they have to do that, no matter what else they do. I don't care how old she is or what she looks like. Plus you could have K-9 mark 1 and 2 again. I like the Big Finish series grouping all of them together. They even put together a decent reason for Romana to regenerate in the first place.

More unusual choices:
Penelope Kieth
Joanne Lumley
Felicity Kendal (even if she was the host at the Agatha Christie Party/Unicorn and the Wasp)

Probably the best choice: Some previously unknown (or mostly unknown) actor who can make a name for herself with this role.
It's a small world. There aren't that many chances for someone to break into BBC. Give a noob a chance.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Oh.
Sorry, I was looking at the Big Finish site, and saw that she had still been involved in series 3 of Gallifrey. Forgot that was made about 5 years ago now.

MarkB

Legend
Oh, and have Louise Jameson back at Leela. c'Mon, they have to do that, no matter what else they do. I don't care how old she is or what she looks like. Plus you could have K-9 mark 1 and 2 again. I like the Big Finish series grouping all of them together.

The New Adventures Doctor Who novels placed Ace on Gallifrey also, attending Time Lord academy - and apparently that was the plan for her in the TV series before it was cut short.

As for who should play Romana, I'm going to suggest Summer Glau.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Probably, but that was the only young pretty-girl I could think of who hasn't been in the show already. Mainly because I don't keep up on all of them and the current bright young things.

Remove ads