Legacy of Death Part VIII: Behind the Doors

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn will join Simorai at the Wheel and take a lucky three turns betting 3 gold each time on Enchant Item while waiting for Forge and Nar Heru to return.

Back at the room, Buckthorn will certainly take a dagger. And with thanks.

Buckthorn will accompany Sim and Nar to the bazaar the following day. Buckthorn will ask Nar or Sim if they would be able to enchant his Bracer's of Archery at some point, but otherwise he will simply browse and keep his eyes on the crowd to make sure the party is not being followed again (Stealth - 43!).

Last edited:

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Buckthorn you may want to consider getting a few additional items if possible. I’ve put together a list of items that I would like to obtain at the bazaar to help counter the Githyanki and possible negative effects in Hades. Most of these items are defensive or healing related because based upon my planar travels, Hades may more severely limit healing powers and rests then even in the old hags hut. I would also appreciate if you would watch my back while haggling at the Bazaar.
(Sim makes a few copies of his Bazaar list with just the names of the items so he can give them to the merchants. He will try to buy and/or barter for them using some of his existing items.)
List (with his reference notes):
Elven Chain Shirt (MME, lvl 9) (+1 to AC, can be used under leather armor) 4,200gp.
Boots of the Fencing Master (AV, lvl 7) (+1 to AC & Reflex when shift) 2600gp
+3 or +4 Feytouched Armor (MoP, lvl 12 or 17) (bonus to Init and invisibility power) 13K or 65K gp
+3 or +4 Nightmare Ward Armor (AV2, lvl 13 or 18, resist 10 psychic) 17K or 85k gp.
Belt of the Witch King (AV2, lvl 18) (+2 Fort and a daily healing power) 85Kgp
Demonskin Tattoo (AV2, lvl 3 or 13) (variable elemental resist 5 or 10 after AP) 680 or 17,000gp.
Ring of the Dragonborn Emperor (AV, lvl 15) (+3 damage to close attacks) 25k gp
Strikeback gauntlets (AV, lvl10) (Encounter IR MBA against enemy that hits you) 5k gp
Gloves of the Healer (AV, lvl 12) (enhanced healing powers) 12k gp
Siberys Shard of the Mage (EPG, lvl 3 or 13) (+1 or +2 damage with implements) 680 or 17,000gp.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The Halfling seems to mention something about bracers…either arcanist can upgrade the item, increasing the rangers arrow damage, for 43,000 in components.

Speaking of the ranger.

"I hope he keeps an eye on us, as I have no idea where he is."

Perception may also be relevant.

The first place Deadus takes you to is of little help. The second has three of the items. The third has the shirt. (Prices below). You are told that the other items would be much harder to find.

#2 Boots of the Fencing Master 3000gp
#2 Strikeback gauntlets 5000 gp
#2 Gloves of the Healer 14000gp

#3 Elven Chain Shirt 5000gp.

There may be one exception.

“Tatoo?” “Did we not discuss tattoos?”

Cred starts scratching his head, then reatches the skin he removed through scratching.

“Ah, and you wished to visit Kesto Brighteyes shop, that is another part of town, should we begin to head there?”

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Since it’s customary to haggle, Sim will try to negotiate better prices from the merchants in a friendly manner. But if they don’t go down, Sim will buy all four items at the ask price (27k gp). Sim will also buy (haggle as appropriate) the components for Buckthorn’s bracers upgrade (43K gp). Good work Deadus, if you can locate some of the other harder to find items, there will be a bonus for you. Sim also looks around for Buckthorn and surveys the surroundings (Perception - 29). Let us proceed to Kesto. What can you tell us about him? If it’s on the way, a meeting with Fell would also be useful. It seems that we may be in need of some tattoos. Deadus have noticed (or can you ask your fellow dustmen if they have seen) any tattoos of note on the dead in the mortuary recently?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Simoria does have some insight, but is no master haggler, he gets the total down to 25,000. He purchases the components for Buckthorn's item, for which presumably the halfling will compensate him.

Kesto is some ways away, so it is easier to first seek out Fell.

"Tatoos. Most likely. Assuredly skulls and bones and dark powers and their sigils.

"But I never really paid attention.

"Now Fell, he is unlike others of his kind, who neither touch the ground nor have much contact with most cagers, unless they really need to.

"Fell has been brought to earth, so to speak. Still, legends abound about him and his tatoos. Including them coming alive or real. Probably just tall tales.

"Why the Lady let him live at all is the biggest rumor".

You approach a small shop over which is the sign of a black lighting bolt in an oval. As you start to enter, someone steps out, still admiring the elaborate incubus on their arm.

As you enter, a strange, white haired purple-grey skinned been bows slightly. He then picks up a sort of pamphlet with various symbols on it, next to which are written words.

Attachments

• fell1.jpg
    fell1.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 287

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Salutations Fell. My name is Simorai. The omens have pointed us in your directions and your skill is well renowned in the planes. I would like a tattoo. I had thought of a DemonSkin Tattoo or Eager Hero’s Tattoo. But I welcome your recommendation. I’ve heard for example of your tattoos of planar gate keys and rare blossoms that cure victims of the River Styx that may be useful.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The odd one bows and hands Sim the sheet of symbols. If he chooses to, Sim realizes that these are translations for symbols that start to appear above Fell's head! Its an awkward way to communicate, and there seems to be the occasional flash of something that can't quite be caught.

So it goes something like *yes, tatoos* *don't believe everything you hear* *either or many others.* *powerful marks, with enough time* *enough gold* (smile, which he seems to do easily).

Meanwhile, Nar, who may be hardly paying attention in a state of semi-detached bemusement, starts to hear whispering in his ear: Yes, of course I may do such tatoos, though it will not be easy or free. In fact, I feel as if I have been waiting to meet all of your for a long time... (has the gecko been there all along? its there now, and talking).

EDIT: Rules note 1: temp hp do not stack. Note 2: You could get a tatoo to set up a "mark" feat that could be taken latter. Though you would still need to take it.

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
While Simorai is shopping and haggling Nar will look for some items of his own.

Fireburst Boots (AV, lvl14, 21,000)
Incendiary Ring of Fireblazing (MME, lvl14, 21,000)
Bracers of Wound Closure (AV, lvl13, 17,000)
Flame Bracers (AV, lvl13, 17,000)

He is not interested in the tattoos but will follow along, to go to Kesto's also.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The following are available:

Fireburst boots (23,000)
Flame bracers, less powerful (1,000)
Wound closure bracers (20,000)

With the flame bracers, he could "boost" them himself. He can only use 1 pair of bracers in any case.

Also, please note the post before your last one.

dyermaker001

Explorer
Nar will purchase the boots and the Wound closure bracers.

At Fell's:

Snapped into focus by the gecko, Nar forgets his manners.

"What do you know of us? We are new arrivals in Sigil."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases