The Time of the Doctor (Xmas Special 2013)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, he's had a Night and a Day, so I guess we shouldn't begrudge him a Time, too.

On December 25th, Clara and The Doctor must go to a quiet backwater planet in order to learn what some strange signals mean for his very last existence.

and

Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe's deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them - the Doctor.

"Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe.

Attachments

• fOegN1I.jpg
    fOegN1I.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh, and here's the first teaser (shown after the Anniversary episode on Saturday):

[video=youtube;DMOOLd_44Mo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOOLd_44Mo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This might be a bit spoilery, if correct:

[sblock]Bleeding Cool's Rich Johnston has snagged what seems to be an outline of "Time of the Doctor," and though he's not disclosing the super-spoilery stuff that he's apparently learned, he is letting loose a few highlights from what could be (and could is a key word here for the moment) the final Matt Smith Doctor Who episode. So what's been revealed? Here are Johnston's bullet points.

A bell tolls across the Universe. Many are afraid, The Doctor and Clara are… curious.

You will come to Christmas Town, a place of peace, welcomed by Rob Jarvis and Tessa Peake-Jones.

You will come to Trenzalore, a planet of war.

You will find out where Gallifrey went.

You will discover what the Silence are.

You will see who the voice in the TARDIS was.

The episode will be nine hundred years long.

There will be Daleks, Cybermen and Weeping Angels. Some of them will be wooden. So will The Doctor.

He always has Handles. And grab hold, as you will find out what the hell that crack in space and time actually was. Because The Time Of The Doctor will be going right back to The Eleventh Hour.[/sblock]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is DEFINITELY very, very spoilery. I actualy wish I hadn't seen this. In sblocks; only look if you can't help yourself!

[sblock]SPOILER ALERT: This story reveals what are claimed to be the major plot details of the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special.

The key plot twists from this year's Doctor Who Christmas special - in which Matt Smith will leave the show - have reportedly been revealed.

The Sun newspaper has printed what it claims are the dramatic developments which will see Peter Capaldi take over as the Time Lord.

Matt Smith will apparently be seen growing into an old man and losing a leg in a clash with the Weeping Angels - before his regeneration.

And the plot will reportedly see him "fighting a 300-year war" against the Angels, Daleks, Cybermen and Sontarans in an effort to protect Christmas Town on the planet of Trenzalore.

Assistant Clara, played by Jenna Coleman, will be confined to the Tardis so that she doesn't grow old as well - only emerging when needed by the Doctor.

A source told the paper: "The Christmas special is a really spectacular episode. It's a tough act to follow on from the 50th anniversary but we think this has cracked it.

"There is a very Christmassy feeling that will thrill excited kids, but enough drama, suspense and emotion to keep adults hooked too."

Steven Moffat has recently "clarified" matters on the Doctor's regeneration limit. [/sblock]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Dang, there's a lot of spoilage in there! Interesting, if true. The Sun is a tabloid full of nonsense, but its Doctor Who spoilers have nearly always panned out correctly.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Okay, so, what your'e saying is we need to be careful when looking directly at the Sun... :p

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Okay, so, what your'e saying is we need to be careful when looking directly at the Sun... :p

I think you can project it through a hole onto a white sheet safely.

(But yeah - those there are properly spoilerific spoilers; I'd personally suggest NOT reading them).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases