Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
She doesn't need one; she's invulnerable.

Then why anything armor-like at all? Why wear something as restrictive as a a stiff leather corset? And, if they have her deflecting bullets with the bracelets while she actually doesn't have to worry about them because she's invulnerable, I shall have to laugh.

The costume's fine.

I'm pretty sure that, as gents, we don't actually get to make that call, now do we? I'm merely relaying criticism I've already heard elswehere.

I find it interesting, also in how they have had tons of criticism of the New 52 female character designs (Starfire! Harley Quinn!), and they just had Batgirl do a sensible re-design, they continue with the old school for the film.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Then why anything armor-like at all? Why wear something as restrictive as a a stiff leather corset? And, if they have her deflecting bullets with the bracelets while she actually doesn't have to worry about them because she's invulnerable, I shall have to laugh.

It's not restrictive to her. She's a superhero.

CoupI'm pretty sure that, as gents, we don't actually get to make that call, now do we? I'm merely relaying criticism I've already heard elswehere.

Nobody is "making that call" other than, maybe, the actress. We're just discussing her appearance on the internet because we can.

But if we're just repeating stuff we've heard: hey, it's news about a genre movie casting. Everybody hates it, as always. It's so tiring. Whether it's Batfleck or WW, it's all the same every time.

And yes, every person on this planet is entitled to an opinion on stuff. If you want to disregard mine, that's cool. But I like the costume.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
hey, it's news about a genre movie casting.

Costuming. Not casting. We've known who was playing the part for a while. But the costume gives us the first implications about where they'll take the character.

And, yeah, high-heeled boots and bustiers in combat is where they're taking it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Costuming. Not casting. We've known who was playing the part for a while. But the costume gives us the first implications about where they'll take the character.

It happened with the casting.

Costuming, too. It's endless. See every superhero made on the last 20 years, from Keaton to Routh's briefs to Bale to Cavill to... well, Iron Man might have escaped somehow, but probably because he just looks like a robot.

In dunno about implications, but my inference from the photo is different to yours. I see a strong, awesome character wielding a sword. YMMV (of course). But I think it looks cool. I think I already said that.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
She needs way more muscle to be credible. She is too skinny. Where are those quads and deltoids?

I wonder what her origin story will be like.

Edit: This is the body of WW.

885308-quebecoise-camille-leblanc-bazinet-remporte.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads