Body Fat Percentage

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
It's plumage.

Just like the male lyretails and peacocks have ridiculous tailfeathers- which DO impact ability to evade predators- to attract mates, 6-pack abs do attract a certain section of the human female populace.

It also turns some off. My Mom hates the ripped/muscular look. Good thing she married Dad- no chance of THAT!

Sure. Maybe I misphrased myself. I understand what it is. I was just observing the actual benefit level as compared to the cost, and that it seems to me that it really doesn't make all that much difference to one's life. I mean, I've had 'em, and not had 'em, and honestly my life was exactly the same except that some of the time I got to relax and eat nice stuff.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
But how would things be for you today if you had flaunted those abs- via half-shirt, mesh shirt and no-shirt fashion statements- where they were likely to be seen and appreciated by those ladies who were into those things?

Maybe you'd be different. Or maybe you'd have found you didn't care for the women you were attracting, or...

But how would things be for you today if you had flaunted those abs- via half-shirt, mesh shirt and no-shirt fashion statements- where they were likely to be seen and appreciated by those ladies who were into those things?

Maybe you'd be different. Or maybe you'd have found you didn't care for the women you were attracting, or...
Or...

kiba_mesh_shirt_by_jnkwarrior-d343x7b.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Heh, well, the big change there wouldn't be physical. It would be much more extensive - it would require a personality transplant! In which case, who knows how my life would have gone differently.

Bullgrit

Adventurer
For a 40+ year old man, going through mid-life crisis, having a toned mid-section is a good way of building one's ego back up from years of being a "dorky dad."

Bullgrit

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
See, the big change there wouldn't be physical. It would be much more extensive - it would require a personality transplant to turn me into the sort of person who would act like that. If my personality changed to that extent, I'm sure the ramifications on my life would have been far, far greater than my merely having met different girlfriends in my 20s than I did.

No doubt, no doubt!

But people DO sometimes have radical personality changes when they find they have a taste for something they didn't know about, for good or ill.

For (a positive) example: a guy I've known since high school was a real neurotic, overweight, panicky, depressed mess. Even his global trekking on business didn't change him, and being trapped in Asia during the SARS outbreak didn't help.

But when he settled down in San Francisco, he discovered bicycling, and it changed his life. He's dropped a ton of weight, found & won the woman of his dreams via participation in cycling events, and has a new calmness about him. He is the definition of "a changed man."

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Well there you go, more proof they aren't that hard to get, and they have health benefits.

A solid core is not unreasonable. The visible six pack abs may be, for some folks.

Not all bodies are the same. Some folks will have a bit of padding at particular places on their bodies that just will not be removed by normal healthy exercise.

Remove ads