[LPF] Lost Imperium

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Samad bowed his head and whispered a prayer, though glanced almost uncomfortably at the Lady Pirvinia while doing so. He looked up and nodded to Tsaaruck, "There must be some more fearsome power at work, to have done what we could not. If we are to charge, as you suggest, I say we do it as one, so as not to provide any sort of weakness if whatever slew these... corbies... still slumbers within."

The nomad paused and stood a while in thought, before looking to the monk and continuing, "Assuming that something of the earth killed them. Could this not also be a work of your god, long displeased by the intruders in his dwelling?"
[sblock=OOC]He casts Heroism on himself, which lasts a full hour.[/sblock][sblock=Samad's Mini Stats]
portrait_zpsb29a81b5.png

Samad Salil
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 44/44
CMB: +6 CMD: 19
Fort: +5^ Reflex: +11^ Will: +7^
Perception: +13^, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow (+10^, 1d8+3, 20/x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Weapon Finesse, Point-Blank Shot, Heroism^
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 3/4

Used Items:
-
Abilities Used:

-[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia glanced at Samad as he cast a spell. Her voice was cold and flat, "So casting that spell on yourself to cover your cowardice is not frivolous. It is much more important than healing your comrades in arms, I guess."

"By all means then, hero, please join Tsaaruk towards the front where you belong,"
she added with a wry expression and gestured for Samad to be ahead of her. The sorceress stayed back, taking the rear as they proceeded to the spiral stair going down.

[sblock=OOC]Spellcraft on Heroism (1d20+10=28)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 38
CMD:
14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Nothing
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk takes the lead and starts down the stairs, hammer and shield ready. With his darkvision he should be able to see better than the others, besides he wants to be able to smash anything that is hostile to them.

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1
AC: 20 (with shield/ Flat:19, Touch: 12)
HP: 67 current: 67
CMB: +10 / CMD: 22 Fort: +7 / Ref: +2 / Will: +2
Resistence: 0
Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & Warhammer
Rage: 14/14
Renewed Vigor: 1/1

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Tsaaruk(BIGB)#Finances

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Brother Goswald is about to answer Samad's question concerning his deity when Pirvinia takes it upon herself to scold her fellow adventurer. He turns to the sorceress and speaks with exaggerated calmness. "Lady Pirvinia, I have just spent several days placating and coddling a sharp-tongued and ill-tempered queen. I have no desire to continue the practice. As Samad's employer I find his service has been beyond reproach. You should be concerned with your own behavior. This..." Goswald points to the darkened stair beneath the altar.

"This is what I hired you to focus on, and it is more dire than I expected. This is not just a Lalanite temple but a former center for ascension. And a Lalanite ascension is nothing like what you or I would consider to be ascended. The Lalanites cherished the darkest and most controlling portions of their souls and their rites were disavowed by my order centuries ago. That someone has gone down that stair before us..." He trails off leaving his worry unspoken.

Tsaaruk pushes down the stair. His shoulders brush both sides of the stairwell and though he has darkvision he can't see far because of the sharp turns of the staircase. The tight spiral of the stair is making him a little light-headed, or perhaps it is the stuffy air down below. After fifteen steps or so Tsaaruk comes to an opening on his right. It is a small room walls slick with condensation and black algae and with a pool in the center. The sides of the pool are stepped and lead down to stagnant water. The pool reeks of decay and rot and he can still hear the buzzing of the flies above.

w26c.png

. . . Brother Goswald . . .

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk, hesitant to go on further with the group still above, tries to see into the opening for any sign of activity without walking in. He listens and watches a moment.

[sblock]Do the stairs continue down or do they end at this opening?
perception check 1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats ]

Tsaaruck
Initiative +1

[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
mirra_150_2.jpg

Mirra looks over Tsaaruck's shoulder. "I'm inclined to lob an explosive in there as a precautionary measure, but doing so would negate any surprise on hostiles below. Is there a below? I can't see," she whispers. "Either way, we need to investigate the pool, I think. Behind you."

[sblock=OOC]--[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Mirra Weathersmith

AC: 16+6 (13+2 flat-footed, 13+4 touch)
HP: 35/35
CMB: +4 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Bombs: 11/11
Cognatogen Prepared: None
1st Level: 3/5
2nd Level: 1/3
Extracts Prepared: Barkskin, Lesser Restoration

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb (+6, x2, 3d6+4+2, DC 18), Longspear (+3, x2, 1d8-1, Silver/Reach)
Current Conditions in Effect: Cognatogen (+4 Int, -2 Str, +2 AC), Expeditious Retreat (5 min), Shield (+4 AC)

Used Items:
Alchemist's ice, Some CLW charges

[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The stair continues its tight spiral downwards after the room with the pool. For anyone else to enter the room Tsaaruk will have to take a step or two down or go into the room himself. His study of the mildew streaked walls reveals nothing interesting and other than the flies that have followed them down there is no obvious life within the room.

The water in the pool is murky and so obscures anything that might be within though it smells as if dead bodies have been dumped into it to rot. The room is otherwise empty.

w26c.png

. . . Brother Goswald . . .

BigB

First Post
Tsaaruck.jpg
Tsaaruk moves to the other side of the doorway to make room for others following behind. Not seeing anything threatening beyond the stench he is content to keep moving on and hopefully to fresher air or at least less putrid air. He gives Mirra a are you kidding me look when she says they should investigate the pool. Whispering back "I don't see anything in there and the stench is horrendous. If we must then lets wait for the others so they may pull us out if the smell overwhelms us."

[sblock=mini stats]
Tsaaruck
Initiative +1

[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Pirvinia von Lichenstein, Human Female

Sorc6_zps9224c704.jpg

Pirvinia ignored Brother Goswald and cast a spell. She disappeared from view.

[sblock=OOC]Cast Invisibility and bring up the rear[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini-stats]Privinia von Lichenstein
Initiative:
+8, Perception: +6 (8 with Mazi)
AC: 14 (18 w/ Mage Armor) (Touch 13, Flat-footed 12)-> 18 with Mage Armor
HP:
38 Current: 38
CMD:
14, Fort: +4, Ref: +4, Will: +6 (Add +1 to Saves with Resistance)
Conditions in Effect:
Eschew Materials, PBS, Precise Shot, Ring of Sustenance, Mage Armor

Weapon in Hand:
Nothing
Spells Remaining:
1st Level: 7/9, 2nd Level: 5/5, 3rd Level 4/4

Mazi
Initiative:
+2 Senses: low-light vision, darkvision; Perception: +14
AC: 19 (Touch 16, flat-footed 17) -> 23 with Mage Armor
HP:
19 Current: 19
Fort: +0, Ref: +4, Will: +7
Conditions in effect:
Improved Evasion, Empathic Link, Mage Armor
Weapon in Hand:
Bite [Att: +9, dmg: 1d2-5(1 non-lethal)]

Combat Trained Light Horse
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, Scent; Perception: +6
AC:
13 (Touch 9, flat-footed 13)
HP:
15 Current: 15
Fort: +6, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Conditions in effect:
War-trained, 50ft movement
Weapon in Hand:
2 Hooves [Att: +3, dmg: 1d4+3][/sblock]

Commander_Fallout

First Post
With the door open below, the smell wafted its way up out of the hole, and began to make Samad's eyes water. Still, they had a job to do, so he merely kept it to himself, pulling his scarf tighter around his face and nocking an arrow to his bowstring, before silently creeping down the stair...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases