Drunk

Bullgrit

Adventurer
I've never been drunk. I probably haven't consumed enough alcohol over the course of my entire life to fill a 12 oz beer can. I've never even had an urge or curiosity about it.

I've seen people drunk, I've seen people passed out drunk. When I was young, lots of friends got drunk, and I heard many of my peers brag about getting "so drunk last weekend!" They talked about it like it was great fun, but what I saw was complete idiocy and embarrassment. And passing out? Having so much "fun" that you forget it? It makes no sense.

So, do/have you gotten drunk often? Have you never been drunk? Is/was it a fun thing for you?

Bullgrit

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
With some 35 years of experience (no I didn't start so early, I'm that old!) I'd say:

Tipsy - numerous times

Drunk - maybe 20 times

Stone drunk with partial loss of memory - two times.

I've never been drunk. I probably haven't consumed enough alcohol over the course of my entire life to fill a 12 oz beer can. I've never even had an urge or curiosity about it.

I've seen people drunk, I've seen people passed out drunk. When I was young, lots of friends got drunk, and I heard many of my peers brag about getting "so drunk last weekend!" They talked about it like it was great fun, but what I saw was complete idiocy and embarrassment. And passing out? Having so much "fun" that you forget it? It makes no sense.

So, do/have you gotten drunk often? Have you never been drunk? Is/was it a fun thing for you?

Bullgrit
Can't say I've ever been drunk enough to forget what happened while drunk. I've been drunk a few times, but that was before I learned to appreciate quality drinks. Was getting drunk fun? Yeah, at the time. You have a good time with your friends. You do things you probably wouldn't do while sober. The next morning it sucks... especially if you ended up drunk enough to start puking at some point in the night. The clean-up is never fun.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Beer always smelled and tasted to me like I imagine carbonated horse urine would, so that never appealed.

Alcohol is wonderful stuff: it cleans wounds, thins my paints, cleans my brushes, and is quite pretty when set on fire. But drinking the stuff? Not interested.

On the other hand, as the French poet, Boudelier (I can't spell in French) put it, "One must always be Drunk, that is all that matters, that you not feel the horrible burden of time that weighs down your soul and burdens your spirit... ...with Wine, with Poetry, or with Virture, as you choose."

Lately, my mother has been cleaning out her liquor cabinet (from the days when people gave booze as presents). Some of the stuff has been there for 20 or more years. I've been taking it to the table-top games and letting the other gamers take it home. They can use it. Not doing me any good. One bottle was labeled "Yukon Jack." The guy took a sip and gasped. "What the hell is this stuff? Holy cow, 190 proof!" The bottle of "Irish Mist" was only 180 proof.

Never had any desire to be drunk. I find it easier to watch out for the hazards of life and avoid them if I can think straight. Supposedly it makes sex better, but if you can't remember it, what's the point? (Most guys have enough trouble remembering her name as it is) (buh-dum-dump)

Ragnar_Lodbrok

First Post
I refuse to drink the cheap swill my so-called peers favor, and I can't easily get a hold of good stuff until I can legally purchase it. It's only a little more than a year, I can wait. Besides, both sides of my family have been known to produce alcoholics, so I think it's best if I wait until I'm more sure I can resist any urge towards that.

Remove ads