Teratologue & Custom Monsters

Teratologue & Custom Monsters

Someone want to be super-awesome and walk me through an example of using Custom Monster rules in this book. I'm not sure I totally get it. Also could one use the point purchase system to also use monster types to create a monster from scratch with this system? It seems so, but it is a bit confusing. Thanks in advance!

Solos & Elites too

A quick question about Solos & Elites, too:

While I understand keeping the CR as the spine of these monsters doesn’t change, what about the XP value.
    If you look at the example in the core book, 6 Trailblazer PCs would be splitting only 360 xp for the fight with Misery (the solo spider). This is, of course, way, way short of the expected 1,080 xp a group that large could take on for even a moderate encounter.
    Does anyone adjust XP for Elites and Solos?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

1. Custom (altered) Monsters Review
    By Mistwell in forum *D&D 5th Edition
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Tuesday, 23rd July, 2013, 08:08 PM
  2. Seeking opinion on custom monsters
    By Uber Dungeon in forum *Pathfinder, Starfinder, Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, OSR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Monday, 19th April, 2010, 09:56 PM
  3. ?Make custom monsters/DM Screen?
    By Xethreau in forum *Pathfinder, Starfinder, Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, OSR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Thursday, 10th April, 2008, 01:37 AM
  4. Custom Monsters and Races: Chris Perkins says yes you can!
    By TerraDave in forum *Pathfinder, Starfinder, Older D&D Editions (4E, 3.x, 2E, 1E, OD&D), D&D Variants, OSR
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Wednesday, 30th January, 2008, 10:48 PM