{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
I was thinking..... the games on here don't HAVE to be d20 do they?

Given the role-playing centric games that this media lends itself so good, why not play a game that is itself role-playing centric.

Well... and the fact that nobody thought of it first. :p

So why not?

Anyone interested in storytelling a Vampire chronical here in the forums?

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Actually, I was tossing around the idea of playing Mage: the Ascension back in the old boards. But the idea died when nobody knew if it was proper to play non-d20 games.

reapersaurus

First Post
are you kidding?!
LOL

I played it once, in an unfortunately-aborted campaign that really caught my interest, tho.

I'd be quite interested in playing Nikolai D'Angelo (Tremere), a tragic character inspired by Dream Theater's Scenes From a Memory.
linked from this page

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
are you kidding?!
LOL

Heck, why not? I've never heard of any mandate that said everything had to be d20.

I just love this little community we have going here. I seriously doubt I would find a better bunch of people on a White Wolf board thats for sure.

If the Mods have a problem with it, thats cool. I just thought I'd see if there was any intrest. You know, change of pace.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
I would be interested, but I'm a terrible min-maxer and I absolutely HATE doing all kinds of histories and backgrounds.

Also, vampires are scary. :(

If we're allowed to play non-d20 games here, and the GM doesn't actively shoot people like me, I would want to play.

...ahh... ...the Tremere...

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Xael said:
I would be interested, but I'm a terrible min-maxer and I absolutely HATE doing all kinds of histories and backgrounds.

Also, vampires are scary. :(

No offense or anything, but are you sure this is the game for you?

Min-Maxing is pretty hard, and kinda pointless in a proper Vampire game.
Also, history and background is very important.

And yea, vampires are scary. :cool:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Timothy said:
No min/maxing?
Roleplaying?
Histories?
Backsgrounds?
Vampires?

I'M IN, ALL THE WAY!

:D

Now the question is....

Camarilla or Sabbat?

My character:
Camarilla -> Brujah or Toreador probably
Sabbat -> Tzimisce.... :eek:

I actually vote for a Sabbat game. The packs with their viniculum lend themselves well to this sort of thing. However, there are no more Tremere Antitribu in modern day White Wolf canon.

oh yea.... and we need a storyteller. :confused:

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:

No offense or anything, but are you sure this is the game for you?

Actually, I'm quite sure this isn't the game for me (now that I think of it). I've played V:TM once, and it was like: "Go there and do stuff". :rolleyes:

I can do a decent history and background if I get an inspiration, but takes a long time.

So I'm not really going to join this game, I'll just peek around the corner and look how Vampire is played properly.

Last edited:

Remove ads