{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

Shalimar

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Is it safe to assume that Sabrina and Nathan have a sort of Claudia and Lestat relationship? (Though not going so far as to actually try to kill each other.)

Yes, but unlike Claudia she doesn't hate her lestat. She doesn't even know he had anything to do with her embrace.

Shalimar

First Post
KitanaVorr said:
well I don't have the book, don't know anything about V:tM history, and have never played before.

LOL still want me? :p

Depending on how recently you were embraced by your sire you could do the learning during the course of the game. Having the book to learn the history of Vampire The Masquerade is highly over-rated, it presents too much information, information that isn't widely known.

For example my character is newly embraced, and knows of only two clans, Ventrue and Brujah. All of the knowledge she will have will come from what others tell her over the next few weeks. It is not a stretch for the newly embraced to know nothing. One of the six Laws of the Camarilla is the Masquerade. Breaking the secrecy is punishable by death, so I think its refreshing to see people not knowing.

KitanaVorr

First Post
okay then I'm going to need major help making a character because I read over what you said and I have no clue what its all about.

What is this generation thing? What are the "dots" that you're talking about? :rolleyes: :p :D

EDIT: Hmm...beginning as a human is interesting, then we can play out the steps toward my embrace

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Ok, Cain was the first vampire. In his body God's curse is most potent. Each Vampire that he embraced would be of the 2nd Generation( Cain being the first generation). He embraced 3 Vampires (2nd generation). They Begat 13 known as the Antediluvians who are the founders of the clans(okay not exatly 13 but I am trying to simplifiy, they are 3rd Gen)

Each of the 3rd Gen was cursed in some way and they pass their curse down to all of their children, which is the basis for the clan weaknesses.

All of that happened a long time ago,(during biblical times, the 3rd Gen were around before the great flood iirc), the blood of the vampires who are around now is a lot thinner and less potent as the average starting vampire is of the 13th Generation. You may purchase a lower generation(and more power) at character creation by putting points into the Generation background trait. Each point you put in lowers your generation by 1.

You only get 5 points to put into your background and if you dont put anything into resources, thats exactly what you have, nothing at all, no money, no where to live, nothing.

Dots refers to your ratings, as in drive 2 is 2 dots of drive, its a coloquialism based on the fact that the character sheets are just blank dots to be filled in.

I wouldn't mind helping anyone make a character as I have finished Sabrina.

Last edited:

Vychtorya

First Post
Hey there! This is Reaper's wife :)

Kitana was taken ;) (bummer)

So Vych it is! This is my first post, and I have been working on my character. It'll be in Rogue's gallery soon.

I have been waiting SOOO long to resume this character! I'm very excited about getting to play again. Vych is of Swiss backgound.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Thanks Shalimar ;)

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of starting out as a human and getting "initated" into the fold whether by choice or force. It would play out as an interesting story arc in itself just her learning about the whole masquerade thing (lol like I would be :p )

Of course, I wouldn't know what to do to make a human starting character! But at least my vampire wouldn't get so powerful that I would be confused with all the stuff she could do.

Remove ads