[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

Systole

First Post
A medium length adventure for Living Pathfinder, designed for four 8th level characters.

GM: Systole
Judge: Glasseye

Heroes:
@perrinmiller : Tyrien e’Adrianne, Fighter 6/Bard 1/Arcane Archer 1
31 Dec 2013 - 44777 xp

@Satin Knights : Kalgor, Summoner 6/Ranger 1/Wizard 1
31 Dec 2013 - 44865 xp

@Scott DeWar : Heinrich Schreibersen, Wizard 9
31 Dec 2013 - 52351 xp

@jkason : Eanos Setirav
31 Dec 2013 - 27722 xp

[sblock=XP]Encounter 1:
Encounter 2:
Encounter 3:
Enouncter 4:[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Encounter 1:
Encounter 2:
Encounter 3:
Encounter 4:[/sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* Initiative, saving throws, and perception rolls will be made for the players by the GM if it moves the adventure along quickly. Otherwise, players will roll their own dice.

* For players, dice rollers should be Invisible Castle or similar. The GM will use his own dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the GM. In general, please try to post 3x/week. Players who consistently slow down the game will be removed, at GM's discretion. Note: I will not be available from Friday evening to Sunday evening most weekends during the summer.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids.

* A mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post. Please spoilerblock OOC posts and discussions.

[sblock=Example Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim

AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 22/22
CMB: +4 CMD: 18
Fort: +1 Reflex: +4 Will: +3
Perception: +2
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear (Light)
Current Conditions in Effect: Guidance, Resistance
Spells Remaining (1st): 0[/sblock][/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The back room of the Dunn Wright has changed not at all since the last time you were here. A thin, sticky film of spilled ale still coats the floor, and the chairs and table haven't magically become any less battered and creaky. Sugar Sweet, the halfling who made the announcement and who put Grog at such ill-ease, lounges on the center of the table, cleaning her nails with a dark-colored dagger that reflects no light at all. Meanwhile, the elf called Rahor stands in the corner, with both hands lingering near his javelins and his attention focused wholly on Sugar Sweet. At this distance, and in these confined quarters, it's impossible not to notice his rank, unwashed smell -- or the hatred in his eyes as he watches the halfling.

Sugar Sweet doesn't look up from her nails as people begin to file in. After a moment, she drawls in an amused tone of voice, "So, brave adventurers ... which of the G's I offered brings you to us: gold, goodwill, or goats?"

sugarsweet_100.jpg
rahor_150.jpg

Sugar Sweet . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . .

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Replying to subscribe. Eanos is leveled save for the finances, since he has some shopping to do. If you don't object, I was going to post his Pearl trip while this thread gets going? Apologies all round. Ye holidays have actually meant LESS time for me to post, oddly enough. :( [/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Well, gold and good will, mostly in equal measures." "Goatsss" The man stares down at his panther for a moment, surprised by his choice.

When the half elf walks in behind him trying to be nice, he answers her as minimalistically as possible. "Hi."
[section]

[sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]Kalgor AC 18 HP 72/72, Init +2, Perception +12/+14 vs human, Darkvision, Move 30' STR 18 Dex 14
Fort: +6, Reflex +6, Will +7, CMB +8, CMD 21
+1 Greatsword +10, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, +1d6 Precise when flanking with Gragnor or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +8, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +9, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +8, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 15 CI, 20 Silver, 9 Blunt, 2 Smoking, 4 Grappling
Sling +7, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Spell Storing Armor: If touched can release, 3d6 Shocking Grasp
Ring of Force Fangs: 6 of 9 charges stored, CL9

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon, Invisibility
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Shocking Grasp, Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (80 minutes)
.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (8 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 AntiToxin, 2 AntiPlague, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, 50/50 charges Wand of CLW
.............Consumables: 10/10 charges Wand of Lesser Restoration, 1 Scroll of Fly, 1 Scroll of Ant Haul, 1 Liquid Ice
.............Consumables: 50/50 charges Wand of Mage Armor
.....,......Party Supplies:

...,,,,.Effects:
.,,...In hand:

Gragnor HP: 47/47, AC 23 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +4, CMD 18, Evasion, size small
Perception +8, Stealth +15, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +20, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce, Piranha Strike
Normal Bite +10, d4+1; Claw +10, d3+1; Claw +10, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Piranha Bite
.+8, d4+5; Claw ..+8, d3+5; Claw .+8, d3+5 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Effects:

[/sblock]
[/section]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich listens to the banter, not unlike what he is use to, and listens to the pitch.

Knowledge Geography: 1d20+17=18

Knowledge Local: 1d20+10=19

A human walks in, hair the color of red flames, whom many know him to be a fire elementalist wizard of some talent. he nods to all here and answers the question, "goot vill und gold." His thick Olde Landllian accent not being restrained at all. He sweeps his hand and the floor and table become clean, the dirt and whatever else is there, get swept by invisible brooms to an unoccupied corner, the floor no longer stick of spilled ale.

A quick gesture and some repairs to a few of the chairs gets mended, one of which is chosen and sat in by him.

"I am Heinrich, A vizard. Vhat ist das Mord - Murder?"

He nods to those he knows from being in the tavern.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien held the door open for the red-headed archer and said, "Glad you arrived just in time, Eanos. There is definitely something going on.”

“We are here potentially offering our aid in tracking down a murderer in a town outside of Venza. Apparently there are gold and goats aplenty for rewards, if you can take what the Halfling woman says as gospel.”

“Though judging from the owner of the offered goats’ expression, I would not count on the carnal pleasuring goats as being available. Besides, Kitty has called first pick on those."

The archeress glanced at the black feline creature and wondered if he was looking to sexually gratify himself with goats or just hungry. She shook off the thought.

"Anyway, this looks to be a job and an opportunity to make ourselves scarce from Venza for a while… just in case, yeah?" her mouth upturned in a knowing smirk.

The half-elven girl finished entering the room and answered for the pair of them, "Tyrien e’Adrianne, archeress of the arcane. This is my friend Eanos, an archer as well. Gold is nice, but catching a murderer needs doing as well.”

“Can I ask why you two are here getting help for such a thing? Why are the local authorities unable to deal with this madman? Why are you promising gold and goats to deal with him instead of taking care of it yourselves?”

“Also, why does he look like he wants to kill you?"
Tyrien gestured towards the elf staring dagger at the halfling

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: None
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos raises an eyebrow at Tyrien's filling him in, choosing not to comment on the talk of goats and their uses for whomever seemed tempted by them. He returns her smirk at mention of leaving town, however.

"Road trip would definitely be a boon," he agrees. As the talkative archer has already asked several questions, Eanos merely nods confirmation at his introduction, then holds back to listen to the answers.

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking at Eanos, "So... What's your desire for high tailing it out of town motivated by? I know Tyrien's shortcomings, having worked with her before, at least until she cut out in the middle of some important work." Turning to Tyrien, "I heard you shot up a church. Killed the guardian and everything. I bet they weren't too happy with you."

Pausing for a moment, before sticking another proverbial needle into her side, "By the way, we did kill off the cultists and stopped the demon that you bailed on. Needed the crow paladin's help, but we did save the town while you were on your boat ride home."

[section]

[sblock=Actions]Kn Local on Tyrien's exploits (1d20+7=26) and talk[/sblock][sblock=Kalgor and Gragnor]Kalgor AC 18 HP 72/72, Init +2, Perception +12/+14 vs human, Darkvision, Move 30' STR 18 Dex 14
Fort: +6, Reflex +6, Will +7, CMB +8, CMD 21
+1 Greatsword +10, 2d6+7+1 dirty fighting trait when flanking, +1d6 Precise when flanking with Gragnor or
Power Attack +1 Greatsword, +8, 2d6+13 + ...
Handbo +9, d6+4
Comp Longbow, +8, d8+4..... Arrows 10 Normal, 15 CI, 20 Silver, 9 Blunt, 2 Smoking, 4 Grappling
Sling +7, d4+4........ Sling bullets 15
Spell Storing Armor: If touched can release, 3d6 Shocking Grasp
Ring of Force Fangs: 6 of 9 charges stored, CL9

...Summoner Cantrips: Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Jolt, Read Magic
...... . . Mage Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Umbrella
.,....Summoner 1st Lvl: 5/5 remaining; Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon, Shield, Magic Fang, Expeditious Retreat
.,....Summoner 2nd Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Haste, Lesser Evolution Surge, Summon Eidolon, Invisibility
..,,,Mage 1st Lvl Spells: 3; Shocking Grasp, Vanish(3r), Enlarge Person*(T), Bonded Amulet
...,,......,..Racial Spells: 1/day, not used; Daylight (80 minutes)
.Summoner Monster III:
4/4 remaining; std action SLA summon, (8 min), Lantern Archon, Celestial Ape, d4+1 Celestial dogs, d4+1 celestial eagles
.,,.........Battle Shaper: 4/4 remaining; swift action to grow a claw, bite or gore attack

...,,.......Combat Feats: Precise Strike, Power Attack
.............Consumables: 2 AntiToxin, 2 AntiPlague, 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, 50/50 charges Wand of CLW
.............Consumables: 10/10 charges Wand of Lesser Restoration, 1 Scroll of Fly, 1 Scroll of Ant Haul, 1 Liquid Ice
.............Consumables: 50/50 charges Wand of Mage Armor
.....,......Party Supplies:

...,,,,.Effects:
.,,...In hand:

Gragnor HP: 47/47, AC 23 ..... Move: Walk 40', Fly 40' Perfect
Fort +5, Reflex +8, Will +1, CMB +4, CMD 18, Evasion, size small
Perception +8, Stealth +15, Fly +19, Darkvision
Acrobatics +20, Init +4, Precise Strike, Pounce, Piranha Strike
Normal Bite +10, d4+1; Claw +10, d3+1; Claw +10, d3+1 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Piranha Bite
.+8, d4+5; Claw ..+8, d3+5; Claw .+8, d3+5 +1d6 Shock +1d6 Cold +1d6 Precision damage each
Effects:

[/sblock]
[/section]

Systole

First Post
Sugar Sweet raises an eyebrow at the voice coming from Kalgor's feet. She leans forward a little to get a better look, then leans back with a nod and a knowing smile.

Rahor's reaction is far different. The elf seems almost startled and for a moment seems to forget Sugar Sweet's presence. "The spawnings of the Hunter in the Darkness!" he says, looking at Gragnor in what might be awe. "You are come for the summons? This is much good omens!" He turns to the halfling and says excitedly, "This one will findings the killer for us. I am sures of it." Then he suddenly seems to remember who he is addressing, and his wariness instantly returns. Meanwhile, Sugar Sweet smirks at him.

When Tyrien asks her questions, the halfling sits up and replies easily, "Your answer requires a bit of exposition, Ms. e’Adrianne. So if you'll pardon me, I'll begin: Gandling is a port town a few days sail from Venza. It's one of the many ports that supplies Venzan ships as they travel to and from Jirago and points west. Gandling, as well as most of those other port towns, can be ... somewhat lawless places." She smirks again, obviously quite at home with the lawlessness there. "Two competing business interests are present in most or all of those towns: the Western Sea Syndicate, by whom I myself am employed, and King's Crew, of which Mr. of Clan Gregga is a member.

"Several weeks ago, our organizations began to be targeted by a murderer. Or perhaps by murderers,"
she adds, emphasizing the plural. "Although I use the word 'targeted' in the loosest possible sense. While the primary goal seems to be to exterminate employees of the Syndicate and the Crew, bystanders have not been spared." She shakes her head in disappointment. "Rather sloppy work, in my opinion.

"In any event, the Syndicate and the Crew compete for the same business, and as such we are not prone to sharing information. To our regret, it took us both some time to realize that there was a third party committing the murders. And even then, our organizations have found it impossible to cooperate for long enough to track down the person or persons responsible. That being the case, Mr. of Clan Gregga and I have been appointed as representatives from our respective organizations, in order to find independent investigators to solve the mystery and stop the bloodshed."
She flashes a predatory grin at Rahor. "A certain subset of the bloodshed, in any event.

"And to your final question, I suspect that Mr. of Clan Gregga looks like he wants to kill me because presumably he does want to kill me. Although I haven't checked with him recently to determine if that remains the case. Do you still intend to try to kill me, Mr. of Clan Gregga?"

Rahor growls, "I am already sweared the promise to make only one beating hearts between us, Sugar Sweet. That promise does not changing ever, for any Jiragan. This is only small delay, at request of the King."

Sugar Sweet turns back to Tyrien with a broad smile. "Well, Ms. e’Adrianne, I expect that answered your question, yes?"

sugarsweet_100.jpg
rahor_150.jpg

Sugar Sweet . . . . . . . Rahor . . . . . .

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos considers a moment before replying to the man with the talking cat. He considers the ears in the room, his gaze pausing a touch longer on the halfling, before whispering to Kalgor, "Bit of trouble with a jilted ex lover," adding, "Rather be otherwhere while he cools off, yes?"

He listens to the halfling relate the politics of the situations, considering.

"Gold's probably safest of the three then, yes?" Eanos asks aloud. "Sounds like the peace is ... tenuous? So, find the killer quick before someone's finger slips on the bowstring?"

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +7
AC: 22 (24 w/ SoF)
HP:54 Current: 54
CMB: +6 CMD: 20 Fort: +6
Reflex: +6
Will: +9

**cloak no longer available

Conditions: None

In Hand: Bow

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement: 3/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 6/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Dispel Magic, Prayer[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases