[LPF] Evil Unto Evil

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien is not surprised very often with her vision. Taking a javelin in her armor before she could even bring her bow to bear was not a very comforting experience and she resolved to try and not let that happen again. She took a step back to get a better angle on the one one the roof.

"You boyos are really in over your heads."

In a blink of an eye, arrows are appearing in her bow and it thrums from the quick shooting. She send 3 arrows up at the man on the roof and her last one at the lone highway man down the street. All of her arrows found their mark, but she could not tell how effective the three were at the man up above.

Updated Map
[sblock=Crunch]5ft step, updated map
Full Attack: 1st 2 Arrows (MS, RS, DA) at Boss (1d20+14=33, 2d8+20=30), 1st Attack Critical Confirm (1d20+14=19, 2d8+20=35)
2nd Attack (RS, DA) at Boss (1d20+14=22, 1d8+10=12)
Total on Boss is 30 dmg unless the 5ft step reduced the cover from the angle of the roof. Otherwise it is 77dmg
3rd Attack (DA) at High 1 (1d20+9=20, 1d8+10=17)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
The man on the rooftop laughs at Eanos. "We're doing our own work, guv! When whoever it is gets finished killing the Crew and the Syndicate, the Black Blades'll be able to -- OOF!" His proclamation is punctuated by an arrow that rips a nasty gash above his ear, missing his eye by inches. Bloodied, he glares down at Tyrien. "You want it messy then? We can accommodate." He fires a trio of arrows back, but all of them go wide.

However, the distraction is enough for the northernmost bandit to charge into the fray, and his longspear scores a blow against the warrior maiden. The other two mercenaries draw their weapons and close with Eanos. A morningstar slams into his stomach.

Combat Map

[sblock=Combat Information]Boss still has partial cover. He's going to have partial cover unless you move probably 20-30 feet out from where you are.

H2 saves vs. Heinrich's scream (barely). Boss misses with full attack on Tyrien. H1 draws longspear and hits with charge attack on Tyrien for 15. Note that his longspear threatens 10'. H2 and H3 move while drawing weapons and attack Eanos. H2 misses, H3 hits for 18.

Initiative:
Party
Highwaymen

Party Stats:
Code:
Heinrich:   24/38 HP remaining
Tyrien:     49/64 HP remaining
Eanos:      43/61 HP remaining

Conditions in effect:
Enemy Stats:
Code:
Highwayman 1 (AC18/10Touch/18FF) [-2 AC charge]: Moderately injured (17 damage), longspear in hand, charging
Highwayman 2 (AC18/10Touch/18FF): Moderately injured (15 damage), flail in hand
Highwayman 3 (AC18/10Touch/18FF): Moderately injured  (22 damage), halberd in hand
Highwayman Boss (AC19/14Touch/15FF): Severely injured (30 damage), longbow in hand, high ground, partial cover
[/sblock]

BH_150.jpg
Highwayman_150.jpg

. . . . Blind Harry . . . . . . . Highwayman . . .

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Crowding ain't nice," Eanos says, grunting in pain as the morningstar hits home. He stumbles back a step to give himself room, then lets loose another volley of arrows. Two of them find homes, ripping open highwayman guts as the third arrow hits at a bad angle and bounces off the armor of its intended target.

"Nice pig sticker, little man," Eanos calls to the spearman threatening Tyrien. There seems to be a second voice speaking with him, a hushed whisper which lulls the man slightly as Eanos adds, "Looks pretty heavy though, yes? Must be hard to move too quick with it."

He gives the slightest smile to Tyrien, saying, "You're too fast for him now, girl. Teach him not to stand in front of an archer, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]5-foot step horizontally / east (leaves Heinrich a 5' option that way, as well).

Full Attack as before:

Full Attack 1st arrow (+13) vs. H3 w/ Rapid Shot(-2) Justice (+2) PBS (+1) Bane (+2) Deadly Aim (-2);Damage w/ PBS, Deadly Aim, Destruction;Bane damage (1d20+14=22, 1d8+9=15, 2d6=4)

Attack 1 hits for 19 damage. Not sure if that's enough to drop H3. If it is, the next attack is for his buddy, H2. If not, stick with H3.

Full Attack 2nd arrow (+13) vs. H3 (H2 if H3 fell) w/ Rapid Shot(-2) Justice (+2) PBS (+1) Bane (+2) Deadly Aim (-2);Damage w/ PBS, Deadly Aim, Destruction;Bane damage (1d20+14=29, 1d8+9=17, 2d6=8)

Attack 2 hits for 25 damage. I'm going to assume at this point that H3 is down for sure.

Full Attack 3rd arrow (+8) vs. H3 w/ Rapid Shot(-2) Justice (+2) PBS (+1) Bane (+2) Deadly Aim (-2);Damage w/ PBS, Deadly Aim, Destruction;Bane damage (1d20+9=17, 1d8+9=14, 2d6=6)

Miss.

Forgot to roll my arrow recovery last round, so I just did three this go 'round to cover all the misses:

Missed arrows destroyed? (Arrows destroyed on 51-100) (1d100=47, 1d100=100, 1d100=68)

Two smooshed, one recoverable.

Swift Action: Cast Litany of Sloth on H1. He can't take AoO this round.

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +8
AC: 23 (26 w/ SoF)
HP:61 Current: 43
Senses: Perception 17 (22 scent w/ Bloodhound), Sense Motive 20/24
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +6
Reflex: +8
Will: +9
***-4 saves vs odor based effects w/ Bloodhound

Conditions: Deadeye's Lore (8 hours, +4 Survival, track at full speed), Bloodhound (8 hours, +4 Track stacks with Deadeye, +8 Scent Perception (does NOT stack with Bracers' of Falcon's Aim) , -4 save vs odor based effects), Justice (+2 attack) & Destruction (+2 damage) Judgements, Bane (human)

In Hand: Bow

Common Attacks:

+1 Seeking Comp. Longbow (Str +1)*: Attack: +13/+08 = [BAB (06/01)
+ DEX (05) + Magic (01) + Bracers (01)]
negates miss percentage chances
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 19-20/x3^, range 110'
Spiritual Weapon (Sbow): Attack: +09/+04 = [BAB (06/01) + WIS (03)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, range 170' Special: force / spell
All: +2 to hit / +2d6 damage when using Bane ability

* +1 to hit / damage within 30' (point blank shot),
* Deadly Aim available (-2 attack, +4 damage)
^ Crit range increased via Bracer's of Falcon's Aim

Arrows: 25/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining
Spider Climb (boots) minutes: 10/10 remaining

Used: none

Judgement (2 choice per): 2/3 Remaining
Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/8 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 8/8 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (3/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Expeditious Retreat, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (3/4 remaining)(DC 15): Bloodhound, Invisibility, Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Weapon of Awe
3rd (2/2 remaining)(DC 16): Blessing of the Mole,* Dispel Magic, Prayer

* Stealth bonus not stackable with ioun stone

Random notes: Syndicate "code phrase": 'Reginald needs a bath.' - false phrase created by Sugar Sweet.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Come vith me Harry!" Heinrich takes Blind Harry by the arm, points his hand with the other, "Magisches Geschoss!* " he yells.
*german for magic missile
5d4+5 magic missile on Highwayman 3: 5d4+5=15 (what is with all these stinkin' 1's?)

[sblock=stat block] Init +2, Perception +10 Move 30'

AC: 12[base]; 14 [w/ shield spell]; 16 [w/ Ablative Barrier spell]; 18 [w/ shield and abl barr]
touch: 12; Flat Foot: 10 [shield or ablative barrier may apply]

HP: 38/38 Fort: +5, Reflex +7, Will +9, BAB +4, CMB +4, CMD 16

Consumables: Wand of CLW [cl1] 50/50 charges; Wand of Magic Missiles [CL1] 45/50 charges
oil x 6 pints; sun rods x 6; Alchemist fire x 1; Scroll [stoneshape cl 7]
In hand: Dagger
Effects:
light source: Lamp, common; cantrip: light [dur: 90 mins]
Per day use abilities:
Fire jet DC 16 [Used: 0/8]

Dancing flame [used 0/4]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wizard Spells prepared]
0 Level * acid splash * Detect Magic * Light * Resistance

level 1: * comp lang * Burning Hands(ev,E,*)* ear pierce scream * magic missile
* magic missile * shield * Shield
pearl of power lv 1: Feather fall
pearl of power lv 1: Magic missile
pearl of power lv 1: -- Magic Missile--

level 2: * Cat's grace * False Life * Flaming Sphere [ev,E] * Resist Energy [E] * Scorching Ray [ev, E]
* Levitate
pearl of power lv 2: cat's grace
pearl of power lv 2: scorching ray (ev,E)

level 3: * Fire ball (**,ev,E)* Haste* Haste* ablative barrier* lightning bolt
pearl of power lv 3: ablative barrier

level 4: * summon monster 4 (E)* summon monster 4 (E)* stone skin* stone skin

level 5: * lightning arc* wall of force* Elemental body [E]
Legend:
( - ) denotes a cast spell
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]

Re: Ditzie . . . . . not sure which building is the one we were in, so when I get that I will move H. and Harry there.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien gritted her teeth through the pain from the scoring of the spearhead. It was not a bad wound, but it bled some and was painful nonetheless.

It did not stop her from nocking more arrows though and she stepped closer to the spearman to be inside his reach. “I will deal with you in a moment.”

She sent another volley of arrows up to the bandit archer up above but all three arrows missed.

Then she knocked a blunt arrow and tried to only knock out the thug right next to her.

Updated Map For Tyrien & Eanos
[sblock=Crunch]5ft step, updated map
Full Attack: 1st 2 Arrows (MS, RS, DA) at Boss (1d20+14=18, 2d8+20=32)
2nd Attack (RS, DA) at Boss (1d20+14=15, 1d8+10=15)
Total on Boss is 0 dmg
3rd Attack (DA, Blunt) at High 1 (1d20+5=22, 1d8+10=12) - Non-Lethal[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +18 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 43
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +8 Reflex: +14 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot, Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]Need some clarifications before update.

[MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] You're several blocks from the crime scene. Now that Harry is down, the attackers seem to be focused on the party -- they just wanted to make sure Harry couldn't run. Also, casting in the square that you're in will provoke an AoO.

[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] According to the SRD, only melee weapons can be used to deal NL damage. Also, NL and lethal damage don't stack, so it's going to extend the fight considerably to bring him all the way down to unconscious. Would you prefer no damage or lethal damage from your third arrow?[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm not PM, but since I think he can only post mornings and I think I know at least one of the answers, I'll chime in:

[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] According to the SRD, only melee weapons can be used to deal NL damage.

It's a special quality of blunt arrows that they can be used for nonlethal as if with a melee weapon (since they're not pointy, I assume). The core combat rules don't appear to have been updated since that equipment was introduced in the APG, I guess under the "specific trumps general" idea, though the sprawl does make it harder to find these sorts of things, so it would be nice if they amended...

Also, NL and lethal damage don't stack, so it's going to extend the fight considerably to bring him all the way down to unconscious.

They're tracked separately, but the rules for falling unconscious from NL look like lowered HP make it easier, unless I'm reading it wrong. from This section:

when your nonlethal damage equals your current hit points, you're staggered [...] and when it exceeds your current hit points, you fall unconscious.

It probably still complicates things insofar as it's harder to hit when you're trying to knock out, but I think the "make him fall to the ground" time from lethal / non-lethal damage combinations should be roughly the same as taking a single track? I don't use NL a lot, though, so if I'm misreading, my apologies for muddying things.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]You're correct on both counts, jk. I did not know that about blunt arrows, and I misread the NL section. (For the record, that was how I thought NL damage worked, but when I was trying to read up on blunt arrows, I got confused by 'total' and 'current.' Taking new meds and am a bit woozy and headachy.) PM's actions stand, but I still need to know if Heinrich wants to take the AoO or not.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=GM]Need some clarifications before update.

@Scott DeWar You're several blocks from the crime scene. Now that Harry is down, the attackers seem to be focused on the party -- they just wanted to make sure Harry couldn't run. Also, casting in the square that you're in will provoke an AoO.

OOC: rats!

Clerifications: With harry down and the highwaymen who called themselves the Blackblades focusing on the party, He would cast defensively. it is a first level spell so the dc is concentration: 15+2*level (17)
roll is auto success with +19 modifier
[sblock=math]
Int mod: +6
level: +9
Feat [combat casting]: +4
total bonus: +19 = auto success
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases