[January] What are you watching?

CAFRedblade

Explorer
I'll be watching the new season of Archer, Sherlock (3eps only.. arggh), Top Gear, and hopefully Marvel's Agents of Shield.. if it returns in January..

Dungeoneer

First Post
Community is back on with Dan Harmon at the helm, so I look forward to what this season portends. :)

I know! First two episodes were GREAT.

I'll be watching the new season of Archer, Sherlock (3eps only.. arggh), Top Gear, and hopefully Marvel's Agents of Shield.. if it returns in January..

At this point I'm incredibly meh about Agents of SHIELD. They need to shake things up in a big way on that show.

I'm also greatly enjoying Person of Interest, which you should be watching.

Descartes

Explorer
I've been watching Agents of Shield, Blacklist, Almost Human, and Dracula. Recently tried watching Reign and Intelligence. Now to rate them:
Agents of Shield - Its okay and somewhat entertaining but unless it makes some more interesting episodes it'll be a 2 season show with the 2nd season only being guaranteed by Disney's huge wallet.
Blacklist - Probably the show I had the least expectations for and have been overwelmingly surprised by. Spader just makes a great bad/good/neutral? guy. I don't think I've liked a character like Red since Garrick (sp?) on Deep Space 9.
Almost Human - I'm liking this show too but I've afraid to get into it too much as I'm sure after this season or the next they'll cancel it citing "production costs". Also good to know that Robocop had it right and that in the future all cops will drive flat black sport cars.
Dracula - I like this one too but I'm but after two maybe three seasons it'll run out of story. This is great if they plan on a 2-3 season story arc show but if they try to milk it for more they'll end up ruining the whole thing. As a side note I'm surprised at how much the Jonathan Rhys Meyers sounds like Christian Slater when he does his "American" accent.
Reign - Have tried a few times but can't get thru the 1st episode. I figured this show could be mined for campaign ideas but when I've tried to watch it I think to myself "This is Dawson's Creek in medieval times." Who wants to watch the queen of Scotland spending several season trying to choose between Dawson or Pacey.
Intelligence - Only saw one episode so too early to tell. In my opinion most shows start out with 2d characters and between the talent of the writers and the actors/actresses themselves they become more 3d. I figure this one could go either way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases