Disney to revise Star Wars canon

MarkB

Legend
What canon? Even the movies get revised a little bit whenever they're updated.

Personally I was always rather put off by the sheer volume and twisted continuity of the Star Wars EU, so I'd welcome a cleaner, more consistent approach. I might actually start reading Star Wars novels again.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I'd welcome the destruction of anything written by Kevin J Anderson, just as a starting point for cleaning up EU. Marvel Comics, at their most bizarre, did not create anything as breakingly bad as KJA does whenever he sits in front of a keyboard.

What are the odds that Disney will come up with a decent script? about 900,000 times better than the notion that George or Katie Lucas could. They've rather singularly failed in that regard, and turned almost everything they touched into sewage. Disney has not had many prize scripts in the last few decades (pixar and the first Pirates movies not withstanding), but they aren't as likely to create utter crap.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not having ever read any of the books (but having read many TSR D&D spinoffs in my teens, so I know to steer away from such stuff) I really don't care. I, and 99% of the world, won't have the slightest clue whether some elements of some books or comics are included.

Just make good movies, that's all I ask. I can't judge canon, but I feel myself enough of a movie buff to judge good movies. Make some good Star Wars movies, please.

Disney: We're simplifying the canon. So the twenty years of books and novels no longer happened. Clone Wars the series is a maybe, as is Ewoks and Droids.

Fans: Boo! You mean we wasted money on those stories?

Disney: I'm afraid so. But there'll be more movies soon. Oh, and new TV shows and comics that are canon.

Fans: What guarantee do we have that these new stories won't suddenly become non-canon the next time a director doesn't want to spend ten minutes on Wookiepedia?

Disney: Ummm.... New movies! Did we mention a Han Solo prequel?

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Now, I like R.A. Salvatore personally, but I hope this means they'll ignore Chewbacca's death and everything associated with the New Jedi Order.

I know I do when I set games in the post-Rebellion era.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Disney: We're simplifying the canon. So the twenty years of books and novels no longer happened. Clone Wars the series is a maybe, as is Ewoks and Droids.

Fans: Boo! You mean we wasted money on those stories?

Hey fans, did you enjoy those stories when you read them? If so, money not wasted.

Remove ads