Disney to revise Star Wars canon

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I think one of the best possible sources for expansions to the first two original movies would be the scenes added by Brian Daley to the radio scripts.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
It's on youtube, I think. Pretty sure that's how I saw it. The Wookie love scene thing is amazing. I had no idea Lucas was such a devout Timothy Leary follower.

Considering how cavalier George Lucas was about ignoring almost everything that happened in the EU and wiping out huge chunks of it with every move during the Prequels and the Clone Wars show, I'm failing to see how this is really a significant change.

The whole tiered canon thing was always kinda weird anyway. Unless you're a writer for the book or comic line, I'm not sure why it mattered.

Speaking of which, didn't I also see an article not long ago that Marvel will be launching an in-house comic line for Star Wars again, and Dark Horse is out? That seemed like a no-brainer; I'm actually surprised that it took as long as it did to happen.

bone_naga

Explorer
not trying to argue, but could you tell me why? I have heard a lot of "This sucks" and not a lot of whys...

as for young jedi knights I was in highschool when they came out and were highschool age kids of Han and Leia training to be Jedi. Twins Jacen (a bit like his dad he had that charming smile and devil may care attitude but mostly came off as a joker) and Jana (very tech savy nerd type) and there friends and enemies. The training came off more realistic in my mind then luke's (although all based on the movies, like red laser droids and blask helmets that filtered out red, so you could still see everything but what was shooting at you, and weighted block for TK lifting and stacking) and it helped that I was in the age group...
I think the Young Jedi Knight series was all right on its own (when I read it I hadn't read much SW literature other than the Thrawn Trilogy) but when put in the context of all the SW books out there, it was just more of the same (Imperials, dark jedi, turn someone back to the light side) with a different cast, although I will admit that having different stars was still refreshing, and for the younger audience I think they did just fine.

Most of the SW books just leave me wondering how many Jedi can go rogue, turn to the darkside, then turn back and face no consequences for their actions (which was at least brought up in the Fate of the Jedi series, but never really addressed by the Jedi Order), not to mention how many lone, forgotten Dark Jedi/Sith Masters there can be in the galaxy.

At least Timothy Zahn tried to put an end to the continuous "threat" from the "empire" that is smaller than the New Republic, has no force users, keeps getting their butts handed to them, yet also somehow keeps almost taking over the galaxy.

Remove ads