Original Star Wars actors to take center stage in new movie

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I think a "passing of the torch" kind of movie could work. Weaves in a little more continuity between trilogies.

delericho

Legend
That sounds terrible. There are lessons to be learned from "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", and they're not just about letting CGI ruin your film.

And, unlike IJ, it's not necessary to bring back the previous cast here - whereas only Harrison Ford could play Indy, and you can't have an Indy movie without him, it's obviously not the case that you need the Big Three to have a Star Wars movie.

That sounds terrible. There are lessons to be learned from "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", and they're not just about letting CGI ruin your film.

Don't try to move into the next era of the source material? ( the first three indy movies were based on 30's pulp while the 4th was based on 50's pulp)

delericho

Legend
Don't try to move into the next era of the source material? ( the first three indy movies were based on 30's pulp while the 4th was based on 50's pulp)

I was thinking more, "don't try to do an action film when your leading actor is in his mid-sixties." (now seventies, of course)

I didn't particularly care for the aliens plot in KotKS, but I did understand why they went for it. And a good script, and less reliance on CGI, could fix up most of the rest of the problems with the film. But, unfortunately, HF's age is a problem that isn't so easily fixed.

Dungeoneer

First Post
The original write left cause he wanted the kids to take center stage, but J.J. wants the old actor to appear in first movie before passing the torch.
'Old actor' being the operative phrase here. All of the actors are now 35 years older than they were when the first film came out. I don't want to see Grandpa Luke and Grandma Leia anymore than I wanted to see Grandpa Indy...

Remove ads