Original Star Wars actors to take center stage in new movie

delericho

Legend
The one about Chekov not being able to beam them up because they're moving is particularly amusing, since in the first film he beams Kirk and Sulu up while they're falling towards Vulcan at terminal velocity.

Mostly, though, that video seemed to be a whole lot of nitpicking. I suspect if I tried really hard I could find 61 complaints of the same level to level at "Wrath of Khan", starting with "if the crew of Reliant thought they were beaming down to Seti Alpha Five, how come they didn't notice that the system had one too few planets?"

Zombie_Babies

First Post
The one about Chekov not being able to beam them up because they're moving is particularly amusing, since in the first film he beams Kirk and Sulu up while they're falling towards Vulcan at terminal velocity.

Mostly, though, that video seemed to be a whole lot of nitpicking. I suspect if I tried really hard I could find 61 complaints of the same level to level at "Wrath of Khan", starting with "if the crew of Reliant thought they were beaming down to Seti Alpha Five, how come they didn't notice that the system had one too few planets?"

Yeah, it seemed sort of nitpicky to me, too. I liked it overall. It wasn't as good as the first one but it was good for what it was supposed to be ... except for the flare. My god, the flare!

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
The Kirk death/tribble/magic blood/resurection was lame.

And you guys are suposed to be geeks. Nitpick series and films is our reason to live.

Dungeoneer

First Post
I have not been impressed with J.J.'s new Star Trek films. They're fine action movies, but they're not Trek. I have some forebodings about having him take on Star Wars.

I use it cause quotes are't readable in legacy. At least that is what I was told.

Read the link. You don't want to use *any* color. When left properly unformatted, the board automatically sets the correct color. There's a button in the editor specifically to remove the unwanted formatting.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
The Kirk death/tribble/magic blood/resurection was lame.

And you guys are suposed to be geeks. Nitpick series and films is our reason to live.

Yeah, the tribble thing felt incredibly forced and the Spock death inversion was sort of cheap. I'll give ya that.

I have not been impressed with J.J.'s new Star Trek films. They're fine action movies, but they're not Trek. I have some forebodings about having him take on Star Wars.

I thought I'd hate it but they did such a damned good job casting that I liked it a lot more than I thought possible.

I have not been impressed with J.J.'s new Star Trek films. They're fine action movies, but they're not Trek.
Thank goodness for that. That was their main saving grace.
Dungeoneer said:
I have some forebodings about having him take on Star Wars.
My forebodings are largely based around this announcement in this thread. Gah, what a terrible idea. If modern day Carrie Fisher puts on the bikini, I'll skip the movie entirely.

. Gah, what a terrible idea. If modern day Carrie Fisher puts on the bikini, I'll skip the movie entirely.

a good nod to that would be a now married with children and maybe grandchildren Han and Leia on Corrasant Han tells her he layed out her good dress for tonight... she walks into the bedroom and then just throws the top at Han's head "I threw that away years ago..."
and han just smiles...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases