Rest in Peace, Edena of Neith

William Ronald

Explorer
Contacting old friends

I took some time to look at some of Terry's posts and contacted a few members who have not been active of late, so that they might come here and post. Thank all of you for your kind words.

Henry

Autoexreginated
@Morrus;I really, really hope that's not the circumstance around his death - that he shoudl feel that much truly alone. I hope he has peace now in any case.

Any time I saw his new threads, No matter what I knew it was going to be interesting.

To crib from the last Indy Jones movie, "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away." To think back on Angelsboi, Chairman Kaga, Gary Gygax, now Edena (and I know I'm missing people)... It's kind of hard to believe sometimes.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
@Morrus;I really, really hope that's not the circumstance around his death - that he shoudl feel that much truly alone. I hope he has peace now in any case.

Any time I saw his new threads, No matter what I knew it was going to be interesting.

To crib from the last Indy Jones movie, "We seem to have reached the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away." To think back on Angelsboi, Chairman Kaga, Gary Gygax, now Edena (and I know I'm missing people)... It's kind of hard to believe sometimes.

Henry it is hard to believe that they are gone. I really did not get many details from the police when they responded to my request for a wellness check. I know that Terry was very distraught with his own declining health and that of his mother.

MerakSpielman

First Post
Paying my respects. I had many exchanges with Edena on various forums, and I am greatly saddened by his passing.

During one of the hurricanes in Florida, years ago, he was desperate for some medicine that his dog needed. Or maybe it was in the aftermath, and the vet was closed, I don't remember the details. But he was concerned enough that he took the, for him, extraordinary step of posting his mailing address so that anybody who had the medication could send it to him.

For a very private and shy man, I found it striking at the time that his concern for his dog would outweigh his normal fears.

He also spoke several times about how, of all his family, he was the least suited (due to his own health issues) to actually help his ailing parents, but he was also the only one willing to drop everything and move to Florida to help them.

That's how I want to remember him -- for his caring and willingness to help those he loved.

Rest in peace.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
I can't help but think as I read the first post, in particular, at how often I have been completely inconsiderate of the possible state of others when I have made various posts, not so much here but on forums where politics, in particular, are discussed.

I am sad to read of his man's lonely end. It reminds me to be more thankful for my family and friends, and more positive and encouraging in my interactions with others online.

One of the things that I really liked about these boards when I first joined in 1999 under a different name was the "Eric's Grandmother Rule" and what it meant in terms of assuring a certain style of interaction. Maybe there needs to be an "Edena's Rule": a reminder that sometimes people who post here are really hurting inside.

RIP.

William Ronald

Explorer
I can't help but think as I read the first post, in particular, at how often I have been completely inconsiderate of the possible state of others when I have made various posts, not so much here but on forums where politics, in particular, are discussed.

I am sad to read of his man's lonely end. It reminds me to be more thankful for my family and friends, and more positive and encouraging in my interactions with others online.

One of the things that I really liked about these boards when I first joined in 1999 under a different name was the "Eric's Grandmother Rule" and what it meant in terms of assuring a certain style of interaction. Maybe there needs to be an "Edena's Rule": a reminder that sometimes people who post here are really hurting inside.

RIP.

We seldom know what others are going through in their private lives. We all have our struggles. I think that we do have to be considerate of each other.

Later today, I am going to GM a game for Pathfinder Society. I will think about Terry while I run it.

Remove ads