[M&M] The Unofficial Marvel Character Stats Thread

AereonBlaze

First Post
Salutations!

Well, as the result of severe boredom and Christmas vacation, I've decided to write up various Marvel superheroes using Mutants & Masterminds. I started with Cyclops, because he seemed to be fairly simple to work with. It reality, it actually took longer than I thought. :p

The resources I used to try and get thinks as correct as possible:
The Marvel Encylcopedia Vol 1
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe - Deluxe Edition #3
Ultimate X-Men (the hardcover book of X-Men characters...not that horrendous "Ultimate X-Men" comic series :D )
The Marvel Directory
Some various issues of X-Men.

This is just a first draft...any suggestions/comments are most welcome!

-Aereon

EDIT: You heard me...lets try to build up a good supply of character stats of Marvel characters for those planning on running games set in the Marvel U. :)

Last edited:

AereonBlaze

First Post
Heh, It probably would be a better idea to simply do that. I think that next time though, I'll simply just write it up in all text and post here without the formatting/pictures on the .doc file (if you've seen the documents, I tried to do it in a similar style to the rogue's gallery at the end of the M&M book).

I'll post back here once I have the time to either convert it to a webpage or just text.

AereonBlaze

First Post
Most likely. I've just finished Wolverine, actually. I'm planning on eventually running a M&M game set in the Marvel U, so I'll probably keep converting characters for a bit and will try to post them so others can use them as well. :)

AereonBlaze

First Post
Cyclops
Power Level: 12
Concept: Leader of the X-Men

Str: 13 (+1)
Dex: 12 (+1)
Con: 16 (+3)
Int: 13 (+1)
Wis: 15 (+2)
Cha: 16 (+3)

Melee: +13
Ranged: +13
Initiative +5 (Improved Init)
Defense: +19 (+18 flat-footed)
Speed: 30

Damage Save: +3
Fortitude: +3
Reflex: +1
Will: +2

Primary Attack: +12 S/L (Optic Blast)

Feats
Mental Link (Jean Grey), Penetrating Attack (Optic Blast), Ricochet Attack, Leadership, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Attack Focus (Optic Blast), Improved Initiative, Power Immunity, Power Immunity (Havok, Brother)

Skills
Concentration +9, Diplomacy +18, Intimidate +7, Pilot +12, Repair +5, Spot +7

Powers

Optic Blast (Energy Blast) +12:
Cyclops is a mutant with the superhuman ability to project a beam of ruby-colored concussive force from his eyes. The precise nature of this energy and its origin remain unknown, although various hypotheses have been made in the past. There appears to be a direct correlation between the length of time Cyclops has been exposed to sunlight and the intensity and longevity of the force beams. Cyclops apparently somehow metabolizes sunlight, and presumably starlight as well, in the process of generating the force beams.
Although Cyclops was born with a section of his brain and certain nerves that would enable him to control his optic blasts fully, these were all damaged in his fall from the burning aircraft when he was a boy. Cyclops can prevent the optic energy from harming anyone by wearing glasses or a visor with lenses made of ruby quartz. The ruby quartz somehow diffuses the optic energy, rendering it harmless and undetectable. Cyclops can also prevent the energy from escaping by shutting his eyes.
Cyclops can focus the width of his force blasts with his eyes. Cyclops’ maximum force is sufficient to tip over a filled 5,000 gallon tank truck at a distance of 20 feet, or puncture a one inch carbon steel plate at a distance of 2 feet. (The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe - Deluxe Edition - #3)
Cyclops can choose to do stun or lethal damage each time he uses his optic blasts. The can deflect other energies, widen his blast radius and ricochet with his optic blasts. The flaw Limited Control refers to the fact that he needs ruby quartz or he needs to close his eyes to prevent his optic blasts from firing.

[Power Stunt: Dual Damage; Extras: Deflection, Explosive Blast; Flaw: Limited Control, Source: Mutation; Cost: 3pp.]

Characteristics
Height: 6’ 1”
Weight: 185 lbs.
Eye Color: Glowing red (black when power is inactive).
Hair Color: Brown
First Appearance: X-Men #1 (1963)

Personality
A tough life, the losses of many friends and allies, as well as a death experience has resulted in Scott being a somewhat solemn, yet tough character. Never hesitating to take charge in any situation, he has proven to be an invaluable asset to the X-Men. He considers his fellow X-Men as family.

History
Scott Summers was the older of the two sons of Major Christopher Summers, a test pilot in the U. S. Air Force. When Scott was a child, Major Summers flew himself, his wife Katherine, and his sons Scott and Alex back from a vacation in his vintage private plane. The plane was attacked and set ablaze by a scout ship from the alien Shi'ar Empire. Katherine pushed Scott and Alex out the plane door with the only available parachute. The parachute was unable to slow their fall sufficiently to prevent Scott from suffering a head injury on landing. (The injury damaged the part of Scott's brain that would have enabled him to control his optic blasts.)

The two boys were separated by the authorities: Alex was adopted, but Scott remained comatose in a hospital for a year. Christopher and Katharine were believed dead. (Actually, they were taken prisoner by the Shi'ar; Katharine soon died but Christopher later became Corsair, leader of the Starjammers, a band of interstellar adventurers.)

Professor Xavier rescued Scott from a villain named the Living Diamond during Scott’s youth, and enlisted him as the first member of the team of young mutants he would teach in using their powers, the X-Men.

As Cyclops Scott soon became deputy leader of the X-Men. He fell in love with his teammate Jean Grey, although his reserve and his worries about the dangers of his optic beams prevented him for years from expressing his feelings to her. When the other original X-Men left the team, Cyclops stayed on as deputy leader of the "new" X-Men. (The Marvel Directory)

As the years went by, and the teams ranks changed repeatedly, Scott remained a constant leader. Scott eventually married Jean Grey. Scott still continues to be a member of the X-Men.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases