Online gaming

Outergod

First Post
Hey all! I've recently been thinking about jumping into someone's online game. Can anyone point me in the direction of some that are well-run?

Thanks,
Outergod

Aeolius

Adventurer
I prefer PbP (message-based) as well.

In my campaign, I post a new "Chapter" once a week. During the week, the players respond to events in the Chapter, to NPCs, and to one another. I will add updates as time permits. The next week, I post a new Chapter. While this method of game play requires a degree of patience and the occasional spell-checker, I have found it one of the best options for those with hectic schedules.

Oni

First Post
If you have not already I would definately check out the Gamers seeking Gamers forum here.

I prefer chatroom gaming myself, and I've found the best way to find a good game is ask lots of questions before you join. Find out how much experience they have, whether they have ever run a game online before, what sort of play style they like et c. Basically find out if they meet your criteria, think of it as an interview. Also if it is a campaign that is already in progress or if the person runs more than one game ask to sit in a couple of sessions before you join, that way you'll have a pretty good idea what your getting into and whether it suits your particular taste. If you can I would also suggests starting out of with a GM you know, but that isn't always possible or you wouldn't be looking for a game online.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases