Pathfinder 1E Entire Map of Golarion, Not Just the Inner Sea Region

koesherbacon

First Post
Does anybody have a link to the entire map of Golarion, not just the Inner Sea Region? With the release of People of the Sands coming out, I'd like to see where Garund is in relation to the rest of the world.

Thanks a bunch :)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I did find this one, but if anybody has other ones with the countries and cities, etc as well as the continents I'd like to see it. Thanks again!

http://www.pathfinderwiki.com/mediawiki/images/a/a3/Golarion_world_map.jpg

Honestly, the map you posted above, I think, is the only publicly available version of Golarian. Paizo probably has a more complete version of their map that they may have presented in one of their setting guides, but hasn't been made available for public display - I am not a PF subscriber so I don't really know, but I have looked for a complete version of Golarian (and have not found one, beyond the one you posted.)

I had done some freelance gazetteer writing and created a city map for Paizo Publishing's Jade Regent Adventure Path, and requested a map of Golarian to help me define the area I was working on, and they only provided me a map of the immediate region of Minkai, and not even the complete Dragon Empires (Tian Xia) region - which they eventually included in their Map Folio. So even when I asked, Paizo wouldn't give me a map of all of Golarian. They may have a good reason for that, though I don't know what it might be.

For whatever reason, I don't know what, I don't think there is a publicly available full map of Golarian with all labels provided.

Last edited:

Kinak

First Post
As far as canon world maps, there aren't any.

Last I heard (and this was a few years ago), the closest to a full-world map was an increasingly-smeared beach ball with the continents drawn on it in James Jacobs' office.

As I understand it, they wait to really map each region until they're detailing that region. That way, the map will actually match the details they're providing. So we're not likely to see a full map until all the component parts of that map are detailed.

Cheers!
Kinak

doghead

thotd
... As I understand it, they wait to really map each region until they're detailing that region. That way, the map will actually match the details they're providing. So we're not likely to see a full map until all the component parts of that map are detailed.

It makes sense.

A variation on this theme might be to release maps accurate for each setting/region (as released) but in which the rest of the world is indicated with varying degrees of accuracy, detail and fancy, depending on how much is known. Each setting/region would probably have their own maps. So the result would be a growing set of maps accurate for the region in question, but more descriptive about the rest of the world.

As well as potentially allowing for a cool collection of maps, it would have the advantage of giving GM's some information about regions not yet covered in setting books, without tying down the publishers before they have had a chance to thrash out the details.

As the setting books are released, it would probably also make sense to release an updated world map for use by the GM's and players, as opposed to intended for IC use. A meta-map, so to speak.

On a side note, I wonder how magic would affect the process of exploration and mapping of the world.

thotd

Kinak

First Post
The only in-character map I'm aware of them doing so far is for Varisia. A great map, by the way, it's in Varisia: Birthplace of Legends and in poster form in the Shattered Star Map Pack.

I'd certainly pick up more if they put any out, but I wouldn't expect to get in-character maps for regions that haven't been detailed. If I were them, I'd be worried about the same thing with setting expectations. Would be cool, though.

Cheers!
Kinak

James Jacobs

Adventurer
The reason we haven't done a map of Golarion and all its oceans and contents yet is due to a combination of lack of time and lack of proper venues (aka products) to feature such a map. Now and then, we do start to detail other continents, particularly when we publish an Adventure Path associated with them (like Jade Regent), but that doesn't really answer the "what does the world look like?" concern.

I have drawn out a 1st draft of the continents, though. I used a pen and a big blue beach ball to outline the continents; it's this map that I used to generate the very very vague and intentionally inaccurate map we published in the Inner Sea World Guide (that map's inaccuracies are mostly in that the oceans are smaller and continents are bigger than they actually are). Some day I intend to translate that 1st draft globe map into a 2nd draft on paper map, at which point we can move faster at getting the whole world map out there for folks to see... but that day isn't anytime soon.

Champion1

First Post
but hasn't been made available for public display - I am not a PF subscriber so I don't really know, but I have looked for a complete version of Golarian (and have not found one, beyond the one you posted.)??????

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases