Smarties ...

Klirshon

First Post
This isn't a new trend. Human offspring have snorted powdered candies or candies that are crushed into a powder for many years now. Sometimes they snort other objects that aren't candies.
Humans are weird creatures.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Oh I know, I was just surprised about the maggots. I mean, I did all that dumb stuff when I was a kid and I never got me no maggots. Glad I didn't but, you know, it's kinda interesting.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Oh I know, I was just surprised about the maggots.

Well, note something - the article in question does not verify any known cases of maggots. Instead, it reports that parents got a letter warning them that such could happen.

A warning that thing can happen does not imply that thing ever actually happens!

I am not at all surprised that a school administration sent around a note with reports that would get parents' fears and dander up: "OMG! Kids are snorting stuff! They'll get nose maggots and die and civilization will end if this is not stopped!!!1!"

[video=youtube_share;LI_Oe-jtgdI]http://youtu.be/LI_Oe-jtgdI[/video]

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Well, note something - the article in question does not verify any known cases of maggots. Instead, it reports that parents got a letter warning them that such could happen.

A warning that thing can happen does not imply that thing ever actually happens!

I am not at all surprised that a school administration sent around a note with reports that would get parents' fears and dander up: "OMG! Kids are snorting stuff! They'll get nose maggots and die and civilization will end if this is not stopped!!!1!"

[video=youtube_share;LI_Oe-jtgdI]http://youtu.be/LI_Oe-jtgdI[/video]

After a quick search I have to agree (er, not that I needed the search for that - more curiosity). No confirmed cases that I could find. Just a whole lotta what-if'n. Oh well, maybe some day some kid really will get maggots in his nose from snorting candy. We can only dream.

Klirshon

First Post
For now they'll just have to snort the maggots along with the candies and patch the nostrils up with glue. They can call it a science project.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
For now they'll just have to snort the maggots along with the candies and patch the nostrils up with glue. They can call it a science project.

That's a surefire recipe for tragedy. The maggots would suffocate! Think of all the flies that would never have a chance to land on poo!

Remove ads