Canada

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Here's a little perspective from an American ex-pat in Canada. What strikes me as most Canadian in food is the amount of maple stuff (though it's not a unique food), but poutine and things like cream fudge and sugar pies are a bit more unique. If you go with clothing, a tuque hat is good, because then you can get into the debate over spelling (tuque, toque, etc). :p Based on the number of the restaurants around, Canadians also really like Subway (of US-based fast food chains).

Another interesting fact: despite sometimes being colder than Mars, Winnipeg has been named the Slurpee capitol of the world for 14 years running by 7-11. So you could just bring a bunch of slurpees to class.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Here's a little perspective from an American ex-pat in Canada. What strikes me as most Canadian in food is the amount of maple stuff (though it's not a unique food), but poutine and things like cream fudge and sugar pies are a bit more unique. If you go with clothing, a tuque hat is good, because then you can get into the debate over spelling (tuque, toque, etc). :p Based on the number of the restaurants around, Canadians also really like Subway (of US-based fast food chains).

Another interesting fact: despite sometimes being colder than Mars, Winnipeg has been named the Slurpee capitol of the world for 14 years running by 7-11. So you could just bring a bunch of slurpees to class.
I thought Winnepeg was known for meth.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I thought Winnepeg was known for meth.

that would be winnabegos

You opinion doesn't matter.

be nice . . . . .

you are also colder then Antarctica.

wow, Canadian Lasagna! *shudder*

Hey, eh, a bit off topic here, anyone hear of an organization called 'CANUSA' ?

Remove ads